Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Bautista Chrome is En Fuego

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I've seen Jose Bautista's name getting tossed around an awful lot in threads like this one:

http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=130702

I started doing a little checking into what his sales have been doing. 2006 Chrome Auto was initially viewed as one of the "dogs" of that auto set....no longer.

April 12th - base auto sells for $13 - [phil:2mvk12fk]290553131426[/phil:2mvk12fk]
April 25th - base auto sells for $36!- [phil:2mvk12fk]380334075407[/phil:2mvk12fk]

First Raw Blue Auto to hit $100+ [phil:2mvk12fk]220772497320[/phil:2mvk12fk]

and check out what the red did! [phil:2mvk12fk]360361503665[/phil:2mvk12fk]

There must be a segment of the population that is viewing him as "for real" (yes, that was valley-girl esque) now because these prices were not seen during the midst of his 50-HR year last year.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
I'd still rather have his 2002 Bowman Chrome stuff, though it lacks the autos. 4 years is a huge difference. And it's not like we're comparing USA Autos or some other niche/XRC type of card - it's apples to apples - Bowman Chrome to Bowman Chrome.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I will get my Cecil Fielders out of the bargain bin as that is the type of career he is going to have.

Do people even look at a players age? His first good season was at the age of 30!!!!!!!!!!

He will have his 5 to 7 good years, become a autograph circuit guy and be really popluar with Toronto collectors which means his card values will plummit once retired.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Casey2884 said:
I'd still rather have his 2002 Bowman Chrome stuff, though it lacks the autos. 4 years is a huge difference. And it's not like we're comparing USA Autos or some other niche/XRC type of card - it's apples to apples - Bowman Chrome to Bowman Chrome.

Some people just like the auto though...

that being said, the 2002 Chrome Xfractors are great looking - [phil:eek:j50yzjx]200600897889[/phil:eek:j50yzjx]

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
:shock: :shock:

Just think how many of his autos are probably sitting in someones dollar bin of the base autos at card shows...

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Pastretta said:

Just think how many of his autos are probably sitting in someones dollar bin of the base autos at card shows...

Last year, not any more....

Agreed, he was hot enough last year that they got bought.

Things like this - [phil:eyj3qscu]280664599012[/phil:eyj3qscu] may still be there though.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
masonphillip said:
ballerskrip said:
Pastretta said:

Last year, not any more....

Agreed, he was hot enough last year that they got bought.

Things like this - [phil:20sezfde]280664599012[/phil:20sezfde] may still be there though.

Hmm I will check my LCS tomorrow and see what he has in his bargain bins. Time to dig for treasures :ugeek:

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I basically gave away my bautista autos back in '06. I remember in my last case I had an Alex Gordon blue auto STUCK to an Alex Gordon blue auto, sold them each for $500. Ridiculous money.

Looking back thats an outstanding auto set,

Alex Gordon now hitting,
Justin Upton
Jon Lester
Prince Fielder
Jose Bautista

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
frzg said:
I basically gave away my bautista autos back in '06. I remember in my last case I had an Alex Gordon blue auto STUCK to an Alex Gordon blue auto, sold them each for $500. Ridiculous money.

Alex Gordon now hitting,
Justin Upton
Jon Lester
Prince Fielder
Jose Bautista

2006 Bowman Chrome was an outstanding set, period. So many different base chomes have been hot from that set at different times:

Maybin
Tabata
Andrus
Sonnanstine
Hellickson
Cain
Pence
Radhames Liz
Jose Arredondo
Mat Gamel
Alcides Escobar
Carlos Gomez
Ching Lung Lo
Josh Outman

and on and on.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
frzg said:

Alex Gordon now hitting,
Justin Upton
Jon Lester
Prince Fielder
Jose Bautista

Especially considering three of them were the RC logo autos. Easily the best set for those.

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I will pay $35 all day for his BC auto. Even at current prices he is underrated.

With that said, I still prefer the 2002 bowman chrome over the 06 auto.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Reds in 2009 said:
I remember when I gave my base auto of him to Blowout when I sent in a bunch of game used/autos. Opps!

You weren't the only one...those things could be had for a long time at very cheap prices. If you had "prospected" him you could have accumulated hundreds of copies for a couple bucks each.

Heck for math fun, lets say you bought 300 copies and had 1.2K into them total.

If you sold the 300 copies at an average of $25 each right now after fees and shipping you would have total sales of $7.5K, a gain of 525% and $6.3K...realistic? No. Fun to think about, yes.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
masonphillip said:
Reds in 2009 said:
I remember when I gave my base auto of him to Blowout when I sent in a bunch of game used/autos. Opps!

You weren't the only one...those things could be had for a long time at very cheap prices. If you had "prospected" him you could have accumulated hundreds of copies for a couple bucks each.

If you sold the 300 copies at an average of $25 each right now after fees and shipping you would have total sales of $7.5K, a gain of 525% and $6.3K...realistic? No. Fun to think about, yes.

Not as fun to think about what you could have done with Tom Brady rookies when Bledsoe was still QB and then sold during the 16-0 season:D

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
masonphillip said:
Reds in 2009 said:

Not as fun to think about what you could have done with Tom Brady rookies when Bledsoe was still QB and then sold during the 16-0 season:D

Oh.my.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Jeff N. said:
Remember that the 2002 Bowman Chrome was SPed. I opned a TON of it and RCs were very strictly 6 per box.

RC's were 3-4 per box that year. I pulled 2 and thought he looked like a good prospect at the time. That was my senior year of High School so they sat at my parents house until I dug them out last year. Sold them when he hit #50. Both got hit with BIN of $9.99. I'm still happy with the sale despite the fact they could go higher. Still have this that I got out of a $1 box last year.

img042.jpg