Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
I'm not so sure I think I would rather see pitts only because I'm not to sure they have what it takes. Lacj of post season play. Where as Cincinnati has plenty of it on that squad.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
That was really stupid of Matheny to start Westbrook the last game.Scrubs could have easily jumped on him for 5 runs early, and Braves wrap up home field throughout, leaving team to face dangerous Dodgers.Did Matheny not recall getting swept in Atlanta?Hope he doesn't make any boneheaded decisions like that again soon.

Interesting decision to go with Lynn in Game 2 when Miller has been much better at home all year.Possible Craig can return later in playoffs.Big loss.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
That was really stupid of Matheny to start Westbrook the last game.Scrubs could have easily jumped on him for 5 runs early, and Braves wrap up home field throughout, leaving team to face dangerous Dodgers.Did Matheny not recall getting swept in Atlanta?Hope he doesn't make any boneheaded decisions like that again soon.

Interesting decision to go with Lynn in Game 2 when Miller has been much better at home all year.Possible Craig can return later in playoffs.Big loss.

I don't feel like we should be scared of the Dodgers. Even though they won the west I don't feel like they are that great of a team, and the rest of the division isn't exactly amazing either.

No issues with Westy getting the start either. He's been mostly reliable the time he's been here so he deserved to go out on a high note.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I don't feel like we should be scared of the Dodgers. Even though they won the west I don't feel like they are that great of a team, and the rest of the division isn't exactly amazing either.

No issues with Westy getting the start either. He's been mostly reliable the time he's been here so he deserved to go out on a high note.

Dodgers are dangerous, Kershaw and Grienke can take over a short series.Pirates or Reds don't even come close to matching them.Dodgers were almost unbeatable for quite some time.

Westbrook has been anything but reliable for months, that's why he wasn't even pitching when he came off the DL.Home field advantage should take priority over some courtesy gesture.I've seen enough of Westbrook getting torched game after game.Luckily he managed to toss a scoreless inning.Hell, might as well give Carpenter a courtesy start in Game 3 since the playoffs don't seem to matter.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Just found out every blasted game in the series is an afternoon game.Just too much to ask of TBS to give the Dodgers anything but night games.Sure was nice to be stuck with radio yesterday afternoon.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Just found out every blasted game in the series is an afternoon game.Just too much to ask of TBS to give the Dodgers anything but night games.Sure was nice to be stuck with radio yesterday afternoon.

Not going to disagree with this statement, but you seem to be pretty angry/frustrated when posting as of late. Everything okay?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Not going to disagree with this statement, but you seem to be pretty angry/frustrated when posting as of late. Everything okay?
Yes, and no.Moved just west of you for new job.Trying to juggle new job with selling/moving/making repairs to old home hundreds of miles away.Don't have much leave built up, so can't take time off to watch afternoon games.New job has it's good days and bad days.Budget has gotten tight paying off rent and mortgage at same time.Haven't been buying many cards lately.Gave a bunch of stuff to my dealer back home to move, but hasn't moved.Stuck in apartment I don't like, but is cheap.Team looks like it can win the World Series one week, then looks like it will fall flat on it's face the next.Still sucks to see Pujols playing for damn Angels.Rams still don't show any signs of improvement either, no matter who they sign or draft.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I keep telling trying to tell myself no Pujols = Wacha selection.What a clutch performance.Going to be a lot of fun watching him in the rotation for years to come.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Yes, and no.Moved just west of you for new job.Trying to juggle new job with selling/moving/making repairs to old home hundreds of miles away.Don't have much leave built up, so can't take time off to watch afternoon games.New job has it's good days and bad days.Budget has gotten tight paying off rent and mortgage at same time.Haven't been buying many cards lately.Gave a bunch of stuff to my dealer back home to move, but hasn't moved.Stuck in apartment I don't like, but is cheap.Team looks like it can win the World Series one week, then looks like it will fall flat on it's face the next.Still sucks to see Pujols playing for damn Angels.Rams still don't show any signs of improvement either, no matter who they sign or draft.

Keep your head up. Things have a way of working themselves out. Having a positive attitude can go a long way.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I keep telling trying to tell myself no Pujols = Wacha selection.What a clutch performance.Going to be a lot of fun watching him in the rotation for years to come.

Remember we got the best pujols years and a lot of good times during. Him leaving was the best thing to happen to this team. We got Wacha, waino and yadi get extended, Craig and now Adams have stepped up big at first base. Way more positives to outweigh him not being a Cardinal for life, which was his decision to make.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Remember we got the best pujols years and a lot of good times during. Him leaving was the best thing to happen to this team. We got Wacha, waino and yadi get extended, Craig and now Adams have stepped up big at first base. Way more positives to outweigh him not being a Cardinal for life, which was his decision to make.

Guess you're right, though he will have always hit home run #500 and hit #3000 in Angels uniform.Pujols = greatest Cardinal we will ever see in our lifetime.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Wish I could use this as my signature.

tumblr_mugvw8ijkS1rrjuxno1_400.gif

Members online