User Tag List

Page 169 of 212 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3172

Thread: St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Junior Member KenBoyerCollector's Avatar
     pujolsfaninny
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SINFULONE View Post

I think so. I saw him this past year in the NY Penn League. Nice swing. Move to catcher will probably help him as a prospect-wise. BA actually answered my question in the latest chat:

Andy (Syracuse): Will a switch to catcher hurt or help Carson Kelly prospect status? If he hits, a top 100 prospect next year?
    John Manuel: It was factored in for the book and when we did the Cardinals top 10 in the fall. It would clearly help. He’s very young and might have been a regular at 3b, but catcher makes sense for his lack of speed. Obviously playing catcher is harder than playing third base so we’ll see how he looks after trying to actually play it in games. I like Kelly, but the Cardinals made a nice heist of Randal Grichuk from the Angels in the Freese-Bourjos deal, and that pushed Kelly out of the Top 10.
    PC: Albert Pujols, Carson Kelly, Cardinal IP/TTM, and Cardinal PSA DNA

Junior Member KenBoyerCollector's Avatar
     pujolsfaninny
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think so. I saw him this past year in the NY Penn League. Nice swing. Move to catcher will probably help him as a prospect-wise. BA actually answered my question in the latest chat:

Andy (Syracuse): Will a switch to catcher hurt or help Carson Kelly prospect status? If he hits, a top 100 prospect next year?
    John Manuel: It was factored in for the book and when we did the Cardinals top 10 in the fall. It would clearly help. Hes very young and might have been a regular at 3b, but catcher makes sense for his lack of speed. Obviously playing catcher is harder than playing third base so well see how he looks after trying to actually play it in games. I like Kelly, but the Cardinals made a nice heist of Randal Grichuk from the Angels in the Freese-Bourjos deal, and that pushed Kelly out of the Top 10.
    PC: Albert Pujols, Carson Kelly, Cardinal IP/TTM, and Cardinal PSA DNA

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KenBoyerCollector View Post

John Manuel: It was factored in for the book and when we did the Cardinals top 10 in the fall. It would clearly help. He’s very young and might have been a regular at 3b, but catcher makes sense for his lack of speed. Obviously playing catcher is harder than playing third base so we’ll see how he looks after trying to actually play it in games. I like Kelly, but the Cardinals made a nice heist of Randal Grichuk from the Angels in the Freese-Bourjos deal, and that pushed Kelly out of the Top 10.
    Thought it was a decent deal, so I took it.Did Swagerty ever recover from injury?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His red wave and red ice numbered to 25 have gone for 3X this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/370999979170...84.m1497.l2649

@Rookieaddict
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His red wave and red ice numbered to 25 have gone for 3X this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/370999979170?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1497.l2649
    Did you pick it up?
    Collecting Cardinals RC's Back To 1948, Low Grade PSA HOF RC's
    & Low Grade PSA Pre War Cardinals

rblake098
     blakingthelaw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving the Pat Neshek signing!
    Formerly gilbert.

Romans 5:8

Ryan The Orange's Bucket

@Rookieaddict
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan The Orange View Post
    Loving the Pat Neshek signing!
    Yep, the change of pace in our pen could be devastating to opposing lineups. 95-100 out of the kids, then Neshek and Choate hop in for a batter here and there and throw at little league speed.
    Collecting Cardinals RC's Back To 1948, Low Grade PSA HOF RC's
    & Low Grade PSA Pre War Cardinals

@DARRONHICKS
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Neshek makes the club it will be great. I know he was signed to a minor league contract though. Me and my dad have always wanted neshek in a cardinals uniform

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    CLICK BELOW TO VIEW MY COLLECTION

Signature courtesy of JBel4331

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know im a bit late, and dont read this all that often, but i dont get all of the Wong hate? Kid has been great at every level in the batters box, and has a great glove.

Where in Stl did you play ball that you hit 90+mph pitching? Please dont tell me in a cage, or out of a machine. I am from Stl and played with the best of the best growing up and never faced that kind of pitching. Not sure how you could say that by playing HS ball you could even touch a ball in the majors.

I think you love Descalso, and are pissed that Wong means he will be nothing more then a utility bench guy, which is what he should be. To say he wont bat 225, and will be bad in the field is laughable. Hell, Descalso barely hit over 225 in 2012, and 2013.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rookieaddict View Post
    Did you pick it up?
    Yup.Picked up another nice card of him, but my camera isn't working.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krangry View Post
    I know im a bit late, and dont read this all that often, but i dont get all of the Wong hate? Kid has been great at every level in the batters box, and has a great glove.

Where in Stl did you play ball that you hit 90+mph pitching? Please dont tell me in a cage, or out of a machine. I am from Stl and played with the best of the best growing up and never faced that kind of pitching. Not sure how you could say that by playing HS ball you could even touch a ball in the majors.

I think you love Descalso, and are pissed that Wong means he will be nothing more then a utility bench guy, which is what he should be. To say he wont bat 225, and will be bad in the field is laughable. Hell, Descalso barely hit over 225 in 2012, and 2013.
    It's easy to give up on (insert prospect here) when they initially struggle after getting called up.Hell, Garciaparra "never looked comfortable at the plate", and he was one of the best at his position for years.And no, not comparing Wong to Garciaparra.He is one example of a player who constantly moved around in the batter's box.

Welcome back.Good to see you getting involved again.

@DARRONHICKS
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can hit it from a machine and I have friends who throw in the 90s playing college ball. I also know people who play in the frontier league that can throw 90 plus. Watching Wong he will be nothing. He will be back in the minors by the end of the year. He will not be XXXX.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's easy to give up on (insert prospect here) when they initially struggle after getting called up.Hell, Garciaparra "never looked comfortable at the plate", and he was one of the best at his position for years.And no, not comparing Wong to Garciaparra.He is one example of a player who constantly moved around in the batter's box.

Welcome back.Good to see you getting involved again.
    I have gotten out of cards for the most part, and into GU, but still love to see the stuff you guys pick up. Am in Blues mode atm . I will admit im a huge Kolten fan. And HOPE he does great. He is going to have the pickoff stain, like Holliday had the ball the the groin stain, and hopefully can let that leave his mind completely. I cant wait to see him with a lot of at bats, going to be awesome to have someone with a lot of speed on the base paths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PujolsCollector View Post
    I can hit it from a machine and I have friends who throw in the 90s playing college ball. I also know people who play in the frontier league that can throw 90 plus. Watching Wong he will be nothing. He will be back in the minors by the end of the year. He will not be XXXX.

Ok, you know people that throw 90, or you can hit live 90 mph pitching? Machine pitching even if it says "90 mph" likely isnt. Also its nothing more then timing. A good machine always comes in the same spot, and you see the coach putting the ball in. We are talking about a kid who sure as hell hit 90mph pitching very well in the minors coming up and having to face the best of the best in limited plate appearances. For being someone who follows baseball a lot, and have been watching for a long time, you really seem uneducated in it.

@DARRONHICKS
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krangry View Post
    Ok, you know people that throw 90, or you can hit live 90 mph pitching? Machine pitching even if it says "90 mph" likely isnt. Also its nothing more then timing. A good machine always comes in the same spot, and you see the coach putting the ball in. We are talking about a kid who sure as hell hit 90mph pitching very well in the minors coming up and having to face the best of the best in limited plate appearances. For being someone who follows baseball a lot, and have been watching for a long time, you really seem uneducated in it.
    You're the one who is trying to tell me what I've done. You don't know me. You don't know who I have faced in my life what pitching I've seen and you sure as hell never seen me play. I hit the ball well enough and played well. However I will end by saying we will see what happens with Wong. But don't get pissed when I'm right and you're Wong.