Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Hullfan said:
Hullfan said:
KGrHqRk4E67JfIz7CBO4iRVJr9w60_12.jpg

Does it look like this one??

That would be it!
Thanks for saving me the scan time.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
MacK said:
I actually think that's a pretty solid list. Wainwright's signed for me, Rivera has been known to sign (and for $.84, why not?), Miller I'd say is a good chance, Descalso definitely, Buerhle good chance, McGwire has, Hamilton did for me, Cuddyer's a decent chance, Kershaw's maybe a bit of a longshot, Jones decent chance, Jenkins solid chance, Joba decent chance, his injury might affect that though, Ludwick decent chance, Jackson not sure, and Hill has for me. I'd only be worried about Kershaw, Cuddyer, Jackson, and maybe one of Buehrle or Ludwick. I'd say 12/18 is completely fathomable.

When did you get Wainwright? I've sent to him three times now with no luck... Regular season in 2010, Spring Training 2011, and Spring Training 2012.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Seems like it's been forever since I got any mail. got these in the last couple of days. One of the Greene Blue Refs is available if some needs it.

mail-1.jpg

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
excel_B said:
Just wondering what you Cardinals fan think of Lance Lynn?

I like him a lot, think he's destined for the bullpen though. Can't seem to get more than 3 strong innings. Great stuff though.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
excel_B said:
Just wondering what you Cardinals fan think of Lance Lynn?

I agree with what rookieaddict said.

I have a personal liking for him, but I don't see him being more than a 6 inning, end of the rotation starter. I think he is a good enough pitcher to fill in for Carpenter's void in the rotation for a few months.

I picture his performance to be similar to what Kyle McClellan's was last year when he started.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Ryan The Orange said:
MacK said:
I actually think that's a pretty solid list. Wainwright's signed for me, Rivera has been known to sign (and for $.84, why not?), Miller I'd say is a good chance, Descalso definitely, Buerhle good chance, McGwire has, Hamilton did for me, Cuddyer's a decent chance, Kershaw's maybe a bit of a longshot, Jones decent chance, Jenkins solid chance, Joba decent chance, his injury might affect that though, Ludwick decent chance, Jackson not sure, and Hill has for me. I'd only be worried about Kershaw, Cuddyer, Jackson, and maybe one of Buehrle or Ludwick. I'd say 12/18 is completely fathomable.

When did you get Wainwright? I've sent to him three times now with no luck... Regular season in 2010, Spring Training 2011, and Spring Training 2012.

Probably 2009. I think it might have taken a good while, and was postmarked from Georgia, so I'm thinking it was early Spring or after the season.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Ryan The Orange said:
[quote="excel_B":3g1nsodm]Just wondering what you Cardinals fan think of Lance Lynn?

I agree with what rookieaddict said.

I have a personal liking for him, but I don't see him being more than a 6 inning, end of the rotation starter. I think he is a good enough pitcher to fill in for Carpenter's void in the rotation for a few months.

I picture his performance to be similar to what Kyle McClellan's was last year when he started.[/quote:3g1nsodm]

Then I think now is the time to sell... I have a small stash of him. Thank you for the information.

It's been a while since I live in Olivette back in the 80s. Glory ol' days of Ozzie, McGee, Tudor, Coleman...

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Went on a field trip to Busch Stadium with my sports and entertainment marketing class at the high school. We toured the stadium while the tour guide asked super easy trivia questions that I knew the answer to which was kind of lame. Anyways I was told a week before that Kerry Robinson would be 1 of many guest speakers after our tour he was the only former player and I couldn't find my cards of him. So I remembered I had a game used locker name plate of him so I dug it out from the depths of my closet. He was super nice he was cracking up laughing he said wow I can't believe you kept this all these years man. He acted surprised that someone my age knew who he was. It was neat.
IMAG0148-1.jpg

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
PujolsCollector said:
Went on a field trip to Busch Stadium with my sports and entertainment marketing class at the high school. We toured the stadium while the tour guide asked super easy trivia questions that I knew the answer to which was kind of lame. Anyways I was told a week before that Kerry Robinson would be 1 of many guest speakers after our tour he was the only former player and I couldn't find my cards of him. So I remembered I had a game used locker name plate of him so I dug it out from the depths of my closet. He was super nice he was cracking up laughing he said wow I can't believe you kept this all these years man. He acted surprised that someone my age knew who he was. It was neat.
IMAG0148-1.jpg

Neat story! Robinson is a very nice guy. I told him at WWU that I used to enjoy watching him stealing bases, and he said, "Me too... I just wish Tony would have let me do it more." Then I said something about him stealing 50 bases one year in the minors, and he responded, "Hey, if you would have watched me that year, you would have realized that I was caught stealing quite a bit too!" He seems to really enjoy talking to people.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
Picked up a bunch of Mcgee Stuff for the collection lately. I had been looking for one of these for a while now. Willie's Cookies!! Picked up a flat box and a box with the cookies still in it.

WillieMcgeeCookiesfront.jpg

WillieMcgeeCookiesback.jpg

Also picked up this Stadium Club proof/Test with no foil on front. I see there is one on ebay for 195.00, I paid nowhere near that..

WillieMcgeeProof.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Hullfan said:
Picked up a bunch of Mcgee Stuff for the collection lately. I had been looking for one of these for a while now. Willie's Cookies!! Picked up a flat box and a box with the cookies still in it.

Also picked up this Stadium Club proof/Test with no foil on front. I see there is one on ebay for 195.00, I paid nowhere near that..

WillieMcgeeProof.jpg

That's awesome, where did you find the cookies at?I lived in MO for years and never saw them.After reading the box flat, maybe if I got Mom to bake some brownies he'd give me his '87 World Series hat or something.

How many of the test proofs were made?

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Hullfan said:

WillieMcgeeProof.jpg

Great pickups, John. I love the cookie box.

Krangry

Mar 6, 2012
Howdy all, pretty new poster here figured id share a couple recent maildays.

HUGE berkman fan, so had to pick these up

IMG_0041.jpg

I hate the tribute cases, so i ripped em out and put them in one touches, wont ever be sold , so no biggie.

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Loving the start to the season! Hoping this carpenter kid is the real deal, hes PT is going to gradually get less and less i fear, having him off the bench will be nice however.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Howdy all, pretty new poster here figured id share a couple recent maildays.

HUGE berkman fan, so had to pick these up

IMG_0041.jpg

I hate the tribute cases, so i ripped em out and put them in one touches, wont ever be sold , so no biggie.

Loving the start to the season! Hoping this carpenter kid is the real deal, hes PT is going to gradually get less and less i fear, having him off the bench will be nice however.

Welcome to the thread. Love the Berkman's, can't wait for him to have a auto in Cards uniform.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts