Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
The Smith on the top center looks the best to me.Who is on the bottom right?Oquendo?I went to my shop this week, he is selling sketches too that artists bring in.How much are these?

My favorite is the Ozzie on the top left. The bottom right is actually supposed to be Ozzie as well. They've all been super cheap. All under $6 shipped....the Ozzie/Oquendo and the Stan above we're $2 each...also got a Gibson and Brock from him...they are pretty bad. The others I have incoming should be pretty good

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Went and met Ozzie Smith and Tim McCarver today! Meeting Mike Shannon tomorrow morning. We were getting McCarver on '06 and '11 world series balls, handed them to him logos up asked to sign under the logos and signed both of them on the sweet spot because he was talking about last nights cardinals game. Funny moment with Whitey Herzog (who was next to Ozzie Smith) A guy asked to get his picture taken with whitey because there were 4 people in line for him he says Are we starting this bullXXXX already, and started laughing. He posed for the picture with the guy though. We got Ozzie on a 16x20.

Where was all this?

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
Picked up a sketch card myself for the Mcgee collection. This was done by our very own Don Pedicini Jr. Dude does great work and has stuff in Star Wars, Indiana Jones and other sets as well.

WillieMcgeeSketch_zps53f11ffc.jpg

Then added a 1985 Topps Mini Test stat back card to the collection as well. Just missed out on a plain tan back.

1985ToppsMini757_zpsecd3339a.jpg

1985ToppsMini757back_zps9c871020.jpg

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Just picked up Topps Update Gold Border /2012. Boredom usually leads me to buying stuff so I may have some more crap before this night ends. I doubt it though.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Picked up a sketch card myself for the Mcgee collection. This was done by our very own Don Pedicini Jr. Dude does great work and has stuff in Star Wars, Indiana Jones and other sets as well.

WillieMcgeeSketch_zps53f11ffc.jpg

Then added a 1985 Topps Mini Test stat back card to the collection as well. Just missed out on a plain tan back.

That looks great! Was it in a product or did you contact him to get it done?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Also this guy on eBay keeps listing this autograph finest rainbow for like 235. Honestly for me to be comfortable on that lot I would have to be at like 135. I would keep the Purple auto and piece out the rest. But the prices of the cards are all under 10.00 so i would for sure lose money at 235 and cant afford it.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
So I found this thread a couple weeks ago. There's a lot of cool people on here with a lot of cool stuff. Figure it's time to introduce myself: My name is Zach. I own/manage a comic book shop in Iowa City, Iowa. I've been a Cardinals fan since I can remember. My favorite player growing up was Ozzie Smith. Nowadays it's hard to nail down a favorite, as the teams of the past few years have produced some greats. I'd have to rank Edmond, Carpenter, Wainwright, Craig & Jon Jay as my Top 5 of the past 10 years or so (in no particular order). When it comes to collecting, I like to pick stuff that's hard to find and fairly unique. There's no challenge otherwise! I focus mostly on Cardinals players past and present (not so much the future, rookie speculating isn't my thing for the most part). I like to have themes to what I collect. My goal is to have the coolest auto/jersey/patch/bat (or any combination of these) card for any player who has appeared in an MLB game with the birds on the bat. But the card has to have them either pictured in a Cardinals uniform or relics from Cardinals uniforms. I'm also working on a complete collection of Cardinals Topps Heritage & Topps Archives auto/relic/combo cards, a complete set of all the Topps Cardinals All Star auto/relic/combo cards from over the years, and any World Series related cards. Other stuff I'm into: HOF'ers from the 1950's (my dad still has his Topps sets from 1956 - 1960 from his childhood. He was a big supporter of my habit as a kid so those players hold a special place in my heart), stars from when I was growing up (late 80's - mid 90's) and a couple other cards that I like (Upper Deck Black, Topps Museum Collection Jumbo Lumber cards, Drew Bledsoe stuff and 90's Chicago Bulls Championship era players). I thought it'd be fun to post scans of some of my good stuff, in hopes of swapping stories with other Cardinals collectors and hopefully finding some leads on stuff I'm needing :) So, here we go (I'll be posting them by theme in seperate posts!)

Last edited:

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
CARDINALS ALL-STAR CARDS

I went to the All-Star game at Busch Stadium in 2009. It really sparked my interest in the All-Star cards. So since the game was at my favorite team's home stadium, I decided to put together a set of all the cards Topps released from the game. I'm four cards shy (need the David Wright & Evan Longoria jumbo patch auto cards, a Molina In The Letter patch and a Pujols jumbo patch - I know a guy who has three of these and he won't sell them to me haha). It includes all the regular jersey cards, all the gold jersey cards #/50, all the jersey autos, all the dual jerseys, all the triple jerseys, all the jumbo patch autos, and the In The Letter & jumbo patch cards for all the Cardinals players...
scan0022.jpg
scan0021.jpg
scan0020.jpg
scan0018.jpg
scan0017.jpg
scan0016.jpg
scan0015.jpg
scan0014-1.jpg
scan0013.jpg
allstar.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts