Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cubs-Cardinals June 3-6 Series Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
nosterbor said:
James52411 said:
Pastretta said:
James52411 said:
The Cubs are horrible and are going to lose 90+ games. Jim Hendry will get canned for this abomination he has put together.

I can't wait until he is gone. Anyone think Maddux will take over after Hendry is gone?

I think he'd have a decent shot at it. Everyone has always raved about his knowledge of the game.

Zambrano38 said:
Please let the Cubs win one game...

This season?
they should win 60 i hope! yes 60 and 102. then they can shatcan EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!! but thy won't!! you know why, because of all the IDIOTS that keep going to the ballpark! if they drew like the Rays thay would put a winning team on the field. i have tickets to go to the games when the national is in town. my friends and i have made bags to put on our heads!!!! by that time they should have 40 wins

Step away from the ledge. They aren't the worst team in the Central nor baseball. Everyone knew the Cubs would suck this year due to bad contracts/rebuilding.......Go Cards!

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Going for the sweep get your brooms out
Also to James above the Cubs are 400 million in debt
they wont be getting Albert or Prince face the fact now ;)

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
the cubs need a new ball park. tear that junk house down! they will never win in that park. it has been that way for 103 years now. when will people get it. ohhh but its a land mark. soooo give it to the city and move out!

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
nosterbor said:
the cubs need a new ball park. tear that junk house down! they will never win in that park. it has been that way for 103 years now. when will people get it. ohhh but its a land mark. soooo give it to the city and move out!

I agree with this 100% but it will never happen. One of the newspapers did a poll a few years ago asking the question, "If the Cubs were assured a WS championship within the first 5 years of building a new park or never winning one but keeping Wrigley Field which would you prefer?" If I remember correctly it was 85% in favor of keeping WF and never winning a championship. That is the mentality with many Cubs fans, but not all. The fact is Wrigley Field is a scathole. I appreciate baseball history more than anyone I know and have been a member of SABR for many years but the nostalgia with this park went out the window once they started selling advertising on the doors in the outfield, among other things. Now I realize other clubs sell advertising on anything they can but they don't brag about their historic ballpark like the Cubs do.

The worst part is that the city and several suburbs would give the Cubs such a deal on land, tax incentives, etc... but they will never do it and that is sad. I truly hope they come to their senses at some point and build new. I'm not saying Wrigley Field should be torn down because it can't, but they need to do something.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Mozzie22 said:
nosterbor said:

I agree with this 100% but it will never happen. One of the newspapers did a poll a few years ago asking the question, "If the Cubs were assured a WS championship within the first 5 years of building a new park or never winning one but keeping Wrigley Field which would you prefer?" If I remember correctly it was 85% in favor of keeping WF and never winning a championship. That is the mentality with many Cubs fans, but not all. The fact is Wrigley Field is a scathole. I appreciate baseball history more than anyone I know and have been a member of SABR for many years but the nostalgia with this park went out the window once they started selling advertising on the doors in the outfield, among other things. Now I realize other clubs sell advertising on anything they can but they don't brag about their historic ballpark like the Cubs do.

The worst part is that the city and several suburbs would give the Cubs such a deal on land, tax incentives, etc... but they will never do it and that is sad. I truly hope they come to their senses at some point and build new. I'm not saying Wrigley Field should be torn down because it can't, but they need to do something.
i read that also. makes all cub fans look like DRUNK IDIOTS! sad very sad.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Players win championships, not ballparks. The Cubs have stunk the last 65 years because they've generally had crappy players and didn't keep the one transcendent player they've developed (Greg Maddux).

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
James52411 said:
Players win championships, not ballparks. The Cubs have stunk the last 65 years because they've generally had crappy players and didn't keep the one transcendent player they've developed (Greg Maddux).

I agree with that statement. The problem is that when you've had a century of futility you start to deflect attention off of how absolutely terrible your organization is and hope you can get to people to notice your "lovely, old, isn't it cozy, ballpark." The Cubs have been playing this slight of hand game for 25 years but with attendance down I hope for the Cubs' sake that the new owner realizes fans aren't coming to the ballpark for $8.50 beers, terrible restroom facilities, and no parking anymore unless they start winning.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Junior Griffey said:
The bathrooms were renovated! Progress is a slow process. Ricketts dumped $10 million into renovating some things.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/leshock ... -more.html

Renovated... he put urinals in and took out the piss trough! :lol: :lol: It has been looked into before and because of the age of the park and the structural instability due to the architectural limitations when it was built; renovations that can be done are minimal. They need a new ballpark, period.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
James52411 said:

I wonder if the Cubs will somehow screw up Starlin & Darwin....

On a side note it took a Cubs team I put together on MLB 2k10 until 2016 to win a World Series. :shock: :benson:

Chris Carpenter has struggled this season and Z has been better so this game should be a good one.