Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
gwynn5453l4u said:
Any one have an extra 90 classic blue Gwynn and Clark (not "hit Kings")? I can't believe how hard that has been to track down!

I checked my extras box this morning, and was surprised to see that I don't have any extras of the Clark/Gwynn variation. Sorry. I don't think they're all that tough to find, so hopefully you can find one at a good price.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
tedwilliamsfan said:
Three of my favorite Clark "oddball" items, I especially like the coin since it had Clark with a mustache:

clarkoddball.jpg

It's funny, as I was going to post that coin too, and for the very same reason. What a ridiculous look. I think I have only a couple of items with a mustachioed Will...

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Here's a little something. Thought about putting it in the 90's insert thread, but figured there would be more appreciation for them here.

clark1.jpg

And I pulled both cards, the only ones from the set I got. Couldn't believe I got both of the same guy. Both still have their peel-off fronts, this scan is of the back.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Greg Cleveland said:
Here's a little something. Thought about putting it in the 90's insert thread, but figured there would be more appreciation for them here.

And I pulled both cards, the only ones from the set I got. Couldn't believe I got both of the same guy. Both still have their peel-off fronts, this scan is of the back.

Those are great cards! I still remember first seeing one at a show in Wisconsin back in the day. I thought it was about the most original card design I'd ever seen, and I couldn't wait for the second card to be released. It's even better that you pulled them both! What are the odds of that?

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
abncollectsautos said:
i remember watching him and rafael palmeiro at mississippi state games when i was alot younger. he has to have one of the nicest swings ever

That's fantastic! Do you actually remember the games? Did Will stick out at that time? I know he won the Golden Spikes award in 1985 as the best player in college, so I assume he did. What about Palmeiro? I'm sure we'd all love to hear any memories you might have!

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Here's another one of my favorties, 2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition auto #'ed 5/5, great looking card, I love the die-cut.

2004DonrussEliteExtraEditionTOCAuto.jpg

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
1996 Stadium Club #666...............................and................................Rainbow
7.jpg
e.jpg

Members Only..............................and..................................First Day Issue
94SCMembersOnly.jpg
SClub1stDay.jpg

The First Day Issue appears to be quite difficult to find.

One sold in the fall of 2007 for $66.

I got mine in the spring of 2008 for $.99.

I think #666 is from some sort of Series 2 or update issue, though I'm really not sure. Will is also #203 in the set in a Giants uniform, so Topps released this after he signed with Texas. I do know the regular First Day Issue doesn't seem to be tough at all, but #666 can be a beast.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Some more cards... 1996 Certified... I love these! Just sold my Mirror Gold double a few months ago.

scan0003.jpg
scan0004.jpg
scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg
scan0007.jpg
scan0008.jpg

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Great stuff, guys.

Here's one that I like. It's a simple, on-card auto. There aren't a ton with Will as an Oriole, and I just like the design.

00FleerFreshInkAuto.jpg

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I agree about the FreshINK autos desgin, I've always liked the auto designs for Fleer products. One of my favorites, the auto windows on these are super thin.

2000FleerTraditionFreshInkAuto.jpg

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
ronfromfresno said:
I agree about the FreshINK autos desgin, I've always liked the auto designs for Fleer products. One of my favorites, the auto windows on these are super thin.

2000FleerTraditionFreshInkAuto.jpg

one of the nicest autos sets ever imo I have the beltran.I love these collector threads,you really see some great collections.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I got a couple of fairly difficult early issues last week. First, I picked up the middle of these three PG&E cards. The two on the left are from 1992 and the one on the right is from 1991. These are slightly larger than standard cards and are, obviously, punch-outs.

PGandE.jpg

I was lucky enough to come across a couple of extras of the 1991. I know they're super tough for Will collectors, so let me know if you're interested in one...

Latest posts