Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I really enjoy the threads for other player collectors, and I know there are a couple of real top-notch Will Clark collectors here, so why not one for us?

I'll get it started with two of the more interesting oddball issues I have:

1989 San Francisco Bus Schedule
I assume they made tens of thousands of these and that you could have taken them by the dozen back in the summer of 1989. But, how many survived? It's the collectibles that weren't actually collectible that are now tough to find...
89SFBusSchedule.jpg

1993 Anti-Gambling Postcard
This was produced by an anti-gambling group and designed to be signed to show your support of their efforts in opposing some gambling legislation. Well, at least I think so. I need to look at the back to be certain. Either way, I think it's pretty interesting...

1993GamblingPostcard.jpg

As a note, I'm excited to learn that Will has rejoined the Giants. theplasticman sent a message to a bunch of Will collectors with the news yesterday. Sounds like Will's doing a lot of PR with some on-field work. No matter what, it's great to have him back...

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
It is great to have Clark back as a Giant. He's going to be at Fan Fest on Feb 7th in San Francisco. There is a piece about him returning to the Giants front office on thier website.

Here's a jacket I've posted quite a few times because it's now my favortie item.
IMG_2592.jpg

Also Plastic how does one get on that Clark mailing list?

50th round pick

Dec 1, 2008
I need help from the Will Clark collectors.

I am trying to complete my 2001 Donruss set with inserts.

There is a 2001 Donruss Diamond King 1988 reprint (non-auto version) that was supposed to be serial numbered /1988. However, I have only seen this card online one time, and it sold for over $50. I think it is a severe shortprint, and perhaps was never actually released.

Does anyone have any information about this card?

Thanks!

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Has anyone seen another copy of this card. I got in a complete set of Orioles cards that I'm guessing was a stadium give away. Looks like it was printed by Allied Printing and is from 1991.

1999OriolesSGAAlliedPrinting.jpg

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
ronfromfresno said:
Has anyone seen another copy of this card. I got in a complete set of Orioles cards that I'm guessing was a stadium give away. Looks like it was printed by Allied Printing and is from 1991.

Ron, can you scan the back? I'm guessing it's not from 2001, as Will was a Cardinal at the end of 2000 and then retired. Just a guess, though.

I'm pretty sure I've seen it, but I'm not sure I have my own copy...

Edited to say that I know now why it looks familiar to me. I've got an undated Orioles postcard that uses the same picture.

OriolesCard.jpg

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Ron - that's likely the Orioles postcard from that year.

AJW - It's very common for the photos on those to be re-used. I can't tell you guys how much I've seen Clark's photos re-used over the years... even worse with Topps/UD using the same ones A LOT now.

50th round pick - I'm pretty sure the card wasn't issued and possibly was an unautographed version of the /88 autograph. I looked for that one for years myself and came to the conclusion it doesn't exist.

As a side note... they've re-issued that card in autograph form at least 3 times... /88, /24, /20.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
theplasticman said:
50th round pick - I'm pretty sure the card wasn't issued and possibly was an unautographed version of the /88 autograph. I looked for that one for years myself and came to the conclusion it doesn't exist.

As a side note... they've re-issued that card in autograph form at least 3 times... /88, /24, /20.

At least four, actually. I have them all on my site (well, the four I know of), but I can't really tell them apart. I had a post on the BMB with the cards and their backs side by side, but I can't find the scans any more. I'll try to do that, as maybe someone here can help me identify them...

DonrussDKAutograph.jpg
RecollectionDK.jpg

RecollectionCollectionAuto5.jpg
RecollectionCollectionAuto20.jpg

50th round pick

Dec 1, 2008
theplasticman said:

Thanks for the confirmation, Plasticman. As an aside, its amazing that in 01 Donruss released redemption cards for non-autographed, non-GU cards. What the hell were they doing?

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
theplasticman said:
Ron - that's likely the Orioles postcard from that year.

It's from 1999 sorry for the wrong date. Drew any chance that post card is from 1998 or 1999. This was in a complete set of cards, maybe post cards, it has his full stats on the back. If I get a chance later tonight I'll get a scan of the back up.

Thanks for the info guys.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
I got this one. It is autographed but not know if it is GU or not. It has dirt on it. LMK what you guys think.

100_2097.jpg
100_2096.jpg
100_2094.jpg
100_2093.jpg
100_2092.jpg

spikes

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Spikes, great jersey, it's a Giants issue jersey. Does it have a "Purchased for the San Francisco Giants" stamp on it? Or do you have a COA from Dick Dobbins? Those would mean it's game used. If not, it's still a very nice jersey.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Here's a single card post for today. This is my favorite "modern" Will Clark card. I guess I define "modern" for my collection as anything after 2002. It's a great patch from my favorite set: 2005 UD Heroes. I really like how the patch is aligned in the window and squares up nicely along the bottom edge.

Happy Friday!

Patch.jpg

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
50th round pick said:
theplasticman said:

Thanks for the confirmation, Plasticman. As an aside, its amazing that in 01 Donruss released redemption cards for non-autographed, non-GU cards. What the hell were they doing?

Haha, yup... wasn't too smart :)

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Here's the back of the stadium give away, at least that's what I believe it to be. The card measures 4 1/4 inches by 2 7/8 inches, so smaller than an average post card and larger than a typical card.

1999OriolesSGABackAlliedPrinting.jpg

I also picked this up today, I like the look of it.
1988StartingLineupTalkingBaseball.jpg

Latest posts