Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper Hate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
The only thing more annoying than being Super-Hyped, is being Super-Hated.

Mickey Mantle would love the kid. How many guys that claim to love Mickey Mantle are huge *********'s that hate Bryce Harper for being awesome!?!?

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
shayscards79 said:
... and then there are some of us who could give a rat's ass either way.

Then why make negative posts...wait, because he's Super-Hated....I get it.

"no where to go but down" eh guy?

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Still, you have to carry yourself with professionalism. You can have all of the talent in the world, but if you do not carry yourself with class than you will still fail no matter what you do. This kid needs to grow up. Period.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
shayscards79 said:

+1

You can't argue the results. You can argue his make-up. But remember, he should have been drafted today, so he's got a head start. This is the kind of thing you can get away with in High School, but at some point it's going to be a concern. You should ask the other Hagerstown players if they like Harper, they are the only ones who should care.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Adamsince1981 said:
shayscards79 said:

I don't hate Bryce Harper at all.. as a matter of fact I think he'll probably turn out to be a pretty good ball player. But you never know what could happen to the guy. He might be his own worst enemy, he might continue to exceed. Who knows. He just so happens to not interest me very much at this point in time. He just has a lot to live up to.

I'd rather watch guys like Machado, Zack Wheeler, Taillon, Grant Green, etc.. make something of themselves.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
shayscards79 said:
Adamsince1981 said:
shayscards79 said:

I don't hate Bryce Harper at all.. as a matter of fact I think he'll probably turn out to be a pretty good ball player. But you never know what could happen to the guy. He might be his own worst enemy, he might continue to exceed. Who knows. He just so happens to not interest me very much at this point in time. He just has a lot to live up to.

I'd rather watch guys like Machado, Zack Wheeler, Taillon, Grant Green, etc.. make something of themselves.

Exactly my view as well.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
shayscards79 said:

+1

You can't argue the results. You can argue his make-up. But remember, he should have been drafted today, so he's got a head start. This is the kind of thing you can get away with in High School, but at some point it's going to be a concern. You should ask the other Hagerstown players if they like Harper, they are the only ones who should care.

Who cares what the Hagerstown players think of Harper?

Seriously?

"Yeah, I'll be selling Chevy trucks next summer but one thing I can tell you; Harpers a *****. He wears flip flops in the shower and likes to buy us mcDonalds every night."

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
The kid is incredible, and will be a superstar.

But that means he shouldn't be held to standards? He shouldn't have his actions judged?

He has likely never been put in his place. I guess I just don't understand where yóu are coming from. Should we all root blindly for him? We all know that won't happen, and it shouldn't. If that was the case then barry bonds would be the worlds most beloved baseball player.

Skrip

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Adamsince1981 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
shayscards79 said:

+1

Who cates what the Hagerstown players think of Harper?

Seriously?

"Yeah, I'll be selling Chevy trucks next summer but one thing I can tell you; Harpers a *****. He wears flip flops in the shower and likes to buy us mcDonalds every night."

If it doesn't matter what the Hagerstown players think of Harper then why does it matter what people on here think of him? And if it doesn't, then why are you even starting this thread? I'm in no way trying to pick an argument with you. I just don't get the logic of starting this thread if your ultimate goal is to point out that it shouldn't matter what people think about him or hate on him. You're not going to change anyones mind, if anything it's just going to start another unnecessary bitchfest thread.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
jbone17 said:
Weimer said:
jbone17 said:
Weimer said:
:benson:
::facepalm::

I guess I didn't make myself clear enough. What part don't you understand? As I said, Harper can hit a million home runs, but it will be his ego that will bring him down.

I'm just acting stupid because these threads all end up the same way. With half the crowd defending Harper and half the crowd attacking him. So I figured I'd get my stupid comment in before everyone else did. I like to be early to the party. ;)

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
If anything I'm just happy as hell that he's not a Yankee or Red Sox player. It would just be unbearable here if he was. The Montero posts drove me batshit and he's not even going to be as good as Harper.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
The kid is incredible, and will be a superstar.

But that means he shouldn't be held to standards? He shouldn't have his actions judged?

He has likely never been put in his place. I guess I just don't understand where yóu are coming from. Should we all root blindly for him? We all know that won't happen, and it shouldn't. If that was the case then barry bonds would be the worlds most beloved baseball player.

Skrip

Bryce Harper = Barry Bonds :lol:

How dare he be unbelievably good?

"I don't like him because he's better than me and my kid at baseball."

Members online