Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper Hate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
sportscardtheory said:
darkman said:
rico08 said:
A lot of overweight, jealous, computer jockeys hating on a highly-hyped 18 year old baseball player in A ball.

lol

A lot of overweight, jealous, computer jockeys Gushing on a highly-hyped 18 year old baseball player in A ball.
:?

This discussion has reached it's ridiculous end with this little back-and-forth.

Some people like Harper, some don't. What more else is there to say about it.
I neither love him or hate him. I could care less about him.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
rico08 said:
A lot of overweight, jealous, computer jockeys hating on a highly-hyped 18 year old baseball player in A ball.

lol

That's the truth. I'm also sure that all the haters were extremely mature when they were 18.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
darkman said:
rico08 said:

lol

A lot of overweight, jealous, computer jockeys Gushing on a highly-hyped 18 year old baseball player in A ball.
:?

So it's more about Harper non-haters than Harper himself.

Time for a jog!

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
LLWesMan said:
darkman said:
Once again, how do you know he was hit intentionally? Have video? What leads you to believe it was done on purpose? Are you saying ever ytime he gets hit in his life, he's going to be a a$$ about it and act like it was intentional?

You didn't read what I said. Obviously he BELIEVED it to be intentional otherwise he wouldn't have been so upset. Calm down.

Look what you made him do!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Why do you make people have to hit you!

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
Lol ... 26 y-o 5'11 210 .. A little chunky but thickly built and I run 3 times a week .. So no self doubt here! I would be more worried.about your fantasy league Rico, I'm coming for the top spot! ;)

sportscardtheory said:
elmalo said:
sportscardtheory said:
I love his attitude. Absolutely LOVE it. It's refreshing to see an athlete with some freaking personality. I think Harper is going to be even bigger and better than the hype. Blowing kisses, talking smack, getting pissed off... all while having the skills to back it up. It's awesome. I'm tired of the monotone "blah blah blah, we play the game to win, blah blah blah" baseball players. The game needs more people like Harper. He will be hated by many, and so what. That's great. He's not playing for you, he's playing for himself and being himself all while loving the game I love. I applaud his refreshing attitude.
Arent you the same guy who is always ranting about greedy, prima donna athletes?

In some capacity, yeah. But how is what Harper doing greedy or being a prima donna. All his stuff is on-field and about his intense competitive nature. Not the same. I have no problem with intense competitors on the field.

i would say his forfeiture of his last year of high school to pursue the dream of mlb would qualify as greedy. this on the field stuff might have been ran outta him like it was the rest of us 18yr olds our senior year in high school. instead he had a cc coach polishing his sack and shaft during that time frame. the trot, the kiss, the charging of a dugout... those qualify as prima donna and they all lead to high hard and tight fastballs... high hard fastballs lead to bruises, bruises lead to pain... its an equation he will figure out eventually!

i dont crack the kid for anything but the high school drop outtery... i actually enjoy the hair and stache!

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
darkman said:
Lol ... 26 y-o 5'11 210 .. A little chunky but thickly built and I run 3 times a week .. So no self doubt here! I would be more worried.about your fantasy league Rico, I'm coming for the top spot! ;)

5'10 160 and I run 5 times a week!

BRING IT DUDE my team is finally hitting and I just got Brandon League!!

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
notjomommasclint said:
sportscardtheory said:
elmalo said:
sportscardtheory said:
I love his attitude. Absolutely LOVE it. It's refreshing to see an athlete with some freaking personality. I think Harper is going to be even bigger and better than the hype. Blowing kisses, talking smack, getting pissed off... all while having the skills to back it up. It's awesome. I'm tired of the monotone "blah blah blah, we play the game to win, blah blah blah" baseball players. The game needs more people like Harper. He will be hated by many, and so what. That's great. He's not playing for you, he's playing for himself and being himself all while loving the game I love. I applaud his refreshing attitude.
Arent you the same guy who is always ranting about greedy, prima donna athletes?

In some capacity, yeah. But how is what Harper doing greedy or being a prima donna. All his stuff is on-field and about his intense competitive nature. Not the same. I have no problem with intense competitors on the field.

i would say his forfeiture of his last year of high school to pursue the dream of mlb would qualify as greedy. this on the field stuff might have been ran outta him like it was the rest of us 18yr olds our senior year in high school. instead he had a cc coach polishing his sack and shaft during that time frame. the trot, the kiss, the charging of a dugout... those qualify as prima donna and they all lead to high hard and tight fastballs... high hard fastballs lead to bruises, bruises lead to pain... its an equation he will figure out eventually!

i dont crack the kid for anything but the high school drop outtery... i actually enjoy the hair and stache!

I don't see it like that. I see a fierce competitor. I don't have anything against fierce competitors. It all boils down to "on the field" with this kid. He wants to be on the field. He doesn't put up with any **** on the field. He performs on the field. I don't see the greedy prima donna stuff. He seems like a good kid off the field and a heated competitor on the field. I don't have a problem with that.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
notjomommasclint said:
sportscardtheory said:
elmalo said:
sportscardtheory said:

I would have done the same thing if I was in his situation. Cant knock him for using the system to his advantage.

Wes

OG
Administrator
ballerskrip said:
LLWesMan said:
darkman said:
LLWesMan said:
ballerskrip said:
[quote="WoundedDuck":hha2c7me]A fun read to this point with all the name calling and what not, but it leaves me thinking....

Why do the haters hate the kid? Is it because he's cocky and arrogant? If that's the reason then I'd like to know more than just the statement. Obviously we saw the kiss already posted, but we really don't know what the pitcher was doing or if he was provoked at all by the pitcher or what was being said as he rounded the bases. No matter what happened, the action lacked maturity and humility. Are there other specific incidents or examples to show that he is truely a ******? Maybe, but I'd like to see more than just the blanket statement of arrogance thrown at the kid without anything cited for me to agree. I'm not defending him. I don't follow him. I don't care either way and I'm not a prospector looking to get rich off his cards. Frankly I don't care if others hate him or post about it, but I'm probably not going to be persuaded to thinking he's a jerk as well just because someone posts that he is.

I'm sure he is a little cocky, arrogant, or confident. You don't get to be that good at that age without people falling over themselves to pat you on the back. He is young though and I've heard a lot about him trying to be good with fans and sign autographs for a lot of people. The molestache does need to go though.

If you watched the video, it is NOT the kiss. He pimped the homerun for about 6-7 seconds before taking off on a SLOW pace jog around the bases. At that point, I am sure the pitcher started to jaw at him, which led to the kiss.

skrip

He pimped the HR because they drilled him the day before.

Adamsince1981 said:
darkman said:
I knew you were kidding, as am I.. Seriously though, I think the kids a ****** bag.. And it will only get worst... Waiting on someone to plunk him then clean his clock when he rushes the mound. Then I'll have someone to buy cards of!

To each his own. I just think the open hatred of a player most haven never met or even seen in person is a little crazy. Every little thing is met with all kinds of hate.

I'm sure he'll grow up a little. But so far, he's just been a little too cocky at times.

At least he's backing it up. It'd be another thing if he were hitting .178 with no HR's. I have no problem with a supersized ego if you're going to perform like you've earned it. If he gets humbled later on, fine, but he's destroying these pitchers and their responses have been to throw at him and try to get under his skin.

Battered women usually do this, give excuses for wrong doings... You guys like him, I get it. You guys probably have money invested on him, once again I get it. I'm not a fan of arrogance, you guys can deal with it.. I'm not a fan, just like I'm not a fan of Lebron James.. By his actions, he screams *****.. Funny how you guys say he did it cause he got plunked, who the hell gets plunked before he shows off? How do you know the plunking wasn't an accident first? I mean its not like class A pitchers have tons of control at that stage..

If you hit me with a baseball and I believe it's intentional then I homer off your buddy the next day you better believe I'm going to rub it in your face.

HE got hit in the ankle the day before. I haven't heard or read anywhere that it was on purpose or taken that way. Today's first pitch he sees might be a different story.

skrip[/quote:hha2c7me]

If it wasn't "taken that way" then you think he just pimped the HR and stared down the pitcher for kicks? C'mon.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Jealousy is one of the 7 deadly sins.

It's just stupid human nature to hate on ppl who are better than you.

booooo bleepin' hoooooooooooo

I like him...reminds me of Petey Rose.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Either a lot of you guys are too damn old and rickety to remember what you were like when you were 18, or we have a bunch of timid, fragile creatures here. When I was 18, I felt like I could kick anyone's ass and pretty much felt invincible. As you grow up, you find out real quick that in the real world, you aren't any damn badder than anyone else. With athletes, it just takes a lot longer it seems.

Jocks in high school get all the attention and all the chicks and all the priveleges. Given a situation like Harper's, he can't help but feel on top of the world. He will grow up and realize that while he may be a very damn good ball player, he isn't invincible. And he can get his ass kicked. Or hurt by an angry pitcher. But it will take time and you can't really expect him to be any different mentally. He might be hellified on the field but he is still full of piss and vinegar. He will figure it out.

As for skipping his senior year...you can't fault him. I mean, what happens if he had played his senior year? It just prolongs the possibility of him maybe getting hurt. I guess he and his family figured the route they chose was the best considering his skills and the fact he would be drafted. What would you do?

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
The BS about everyone being a hater if they don't fall lock and step into the Harper hype is kind of annoying.

We hate on A-Rod or Bonds for being the punks they are supposed to be, yet when a kid is acting the way Harper is, it is supposed to be a breath of fresh air.

The eye black, blowing kisses to an opposing pitcher - by the time Harper is 25, he'll be doing the same douchy things A-Rod has done in his career and he'll actually be applauded for it.

Members online