Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hockey Talk Thread - Summer 2011 edition!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
last night the Boston Bruins were crowned 2011 Stanley Cup Champions and thus the 2010-11 NHL season came to an end.

we should have an exciting Summer filled with the NHL Awards (June 22nd), the NHL Entry Draft (June 24-25th), the Free Agency Period (July 1 @ midnight EDT) and lots more.

G $MONEY$ said:
What is "The Hockey Talk Thread" and why do we need it if we have a Hockey Forum?

Consider THTT much like the morning thread on the Baseball boards or the daily thread on the Football boards. It is a thread for us Hockey members to talk about anything Hockey that is on our minds that might not need a separate thread of its own. Usually we have most of our game day talk in this thread. Talk about a player having a big game, or a minor trade or signing or maybe even some hobby news that you want to share.

Really this thread can be used to talk about anything that is on your mind, even stuff that isn't Hockey related but you wanted to share with the other FCB Hockey members.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
and gravy.

pumped for the Entry Draft next weekend. REALLY hope the Oilers pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins #1 overall. Taylor Hall, Eberle and RNH on a line would be amazing. The Oilers will start to look like a very young Chicago Black Hawks or Pittsburgh Penguins with all these really high picks and young players on their team. I have a bad feeling the Oilers might take Adam Larsson though (i really hope not though), so they have a top rated Dman to build around, but id still go with RNH if i was Edmonton (Edmonton has had a lot of luck with Western Canadian kids over the years, so continue that with RNH :) ). Top drafted Dmen really haven't fair welled in the NHL in recent years. Erik Johnson and Tampas top pick (forget his name off hand, hes a Swede i think) haven't done much and they were both drafted #1 and #2. Florida drafted a Dman really high too last year, he hasn't even played yet.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I'm looking forward to the Draft as well. there are five Pittsburgh area players that are projected to be selected in the first two rounds.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=564000

the Minnesota Wild will announce that they have hired Mike Yeo as their new head coach. he was the head coach of the Wild's AHL team the Houston Aeros last season. Yeo had spent 5 season as an assist coach for the Pittsburgh Penguins from the 2005-06 season through the 2009-10 season.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369164

robert67

Dec 5, 2010
I certaily enjoyed this season as much as any I can remember! Many great memories.

I am hoping the Predators can acquire a goal scorer this Summer and sign Shea Weber to a long term deal.

I also hope the Summer gives Sidney Crosby the time he needs to heal and return for the '11-12 season at 100%!

Finally, I am really interested to see what the Winnipeg team will do this offseason. Interesting to note that NHL.com does not have a tab for the new team at the top of the site.

Robert

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
The Flyers posted on their Facebook page yesterday that Holmgren had spent Wednesday with Brysgalov and his wife, but would not comment on where talks are.

Word around the campfire is he wants a 2 year deal between 3 and 5 million per. Some are pessimistic because of cap problems, some are optimistic thinking that he'll get more than 2 years because he's a viable #1 goaltender, the rest are like me and we keep it simple.

GIVE HIM WHAT HE PUCKING WANTS!!!!! :x

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Robert I agree with you 100% about the Preds needing to sign a scorer and locking up Weber. those are both very very important things to take care of. obviously I agree with you about Crosby as well.

Paul if Bryz only wants $3-5 million per they need to sign him TODAY.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Jim Carrey picked the perfect jersey to wear in his new movie...

[youtube:h83knk5i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe4fYF95Nk4[/youtube:h83knk5i]

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
It's being reported that the Lightning and Eric Brewer are close on a deal. Glad to hear that.

Thomas Voukon's agent said that he will be hitting the open market.

And it's been revealed that the Bruins talked to the Caps and Flyers about moving Tim Thomas out this season. That could have been the worst decision in Bruins history.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
G $MONEY$ said:
Going threw some pretty bad Hockey withdrawls over here, lol, thinking about popping in the Penguins 2009 DVD :)

:D :) :p :mrgreen:

penguinsdvd.jpg

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
PhillyPuckNut said:
Card Magnet said:
And it's been revealed that the Bruins talked to the Caps and Flyers about moving Tim Thomas out this season. That could have been the worst decision in Bruins history.
Yeah, that was back in the early season before he blew up. Still mad at Homer for not pulling that trigger either. :x

I'm sure it was actually during the offseason. A lot of Bruins fans were calling for them to trade Thomas cause the idea was he was going to be the #2 goalie, and they were already having cap issues, and to pay a #2 goalie that much is ridiculous. I openly admit, I was one of the ones wanting them to trade Thomas...but of course, I'm damn glad they didn't.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
just went through some stuff in my closet.

found some Rookie Cards that i pack pulled back in the 80s that i have to have slabbed:

Francis
Yzerman O-Pee-Chee
LaFontaine O-Pee-Chee
Chelios
Neely
Gilmour
Patrick Roy Topps
Robitaille O-Pee-Chee

forgot i had them lol

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
ThoseBackPages said:
just went through some stuff in my closet.

found some Rookie Cards that i pack pulled back in the 80s that i have to have slabbed:

Francis
Yzerman O-Pee-Chee
LaFontaine O-Pee-Chee
Chelios
Neely
Gilmour
Patrick Roy Topps
Robitaille O-Pee-Chee

forgot i had them lol

Nice E! Keep us updated on what they get!

Members online

Latest posts