Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Johnson thread (11/10 update: '06 Ultimate Quad auto & '10 TTT Booklet auto)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
The one with Stras is sick!!! :-o

Thank ya kindly ! The next update will have one that's even better !

Good stuff as usual.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan !

Great stuff! This is one of my favorite threads (along with the 90s inserts) and wish it was something you updated daily. I gotta ask and maybe I missed it but how do you store/organize the JJs??

If I got JJ in daily, I would. Maybe I'll try to do it weekly w/the dawn of 2016. Most of the stuff I have in 4 row boxes. I need to get a ton of magnetics, though, for the patches and a few other cards. I have sort of a shrine for him, which I'll take a pic of for the next update. That has the cleats, the bat, the Fathead and some programs / 8x10 auto'd photos. I like most of the stuff readily there, even if it's not visible in the homestead, because if there's any trouble in the house, I know where my JJ stuff is and can do my best to get it out.

pretty remarkable PC for sure

Thank ya kindly !

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
An amazing and beautiful collection. I have been hunting the 2006 Finest Josh Johnson White Frame Refractor 1/1 and White Frame Xfractor 1/1 for years to no avail. First time I had seen this thread and thought for sure I would finally see one or both of them here.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Fantastic addition Dave, and on card too from the sticker era! AMAZING to see you add another JJ! I hope you are doing decent these days:love:
Alex - life is there, lol. Naomi is already in 7th grade. Playing basketball & softball. I certainly feel much older these days, due to work and usually practicing with her when weather allows (the seemingly never-ending winter we've had in Northern Minnesota has made getting in games nearly impossible.

Odd thing, to a degree, about the Ultimate Collection Plate that it's an IP Signed card. Normally I don't get all amped up about getting these, but, being a 1/1, it had to no matter the alterations to the card, end up in my collection !

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
An amazing and beautiful collection. I have been hunting the 2006 Finest Josh Johnson White Frame Refractor 1/1 and White Frame Xfractor 1/1 for years to no avail. First time I had seen this thread and thought for sure I would finally see one or both of them here.
Ask &you shall receive. Lots of time has gone by where I should've updated additions, but I recall getting this for about $150 several years ago from a collector in Japan that either consigns over there or opens an ungodly amount of product (lan3 is the seller)

Attachments

• 20230430_152704.jpg
    20230430_152704.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
Ask &you shall receive. Lots of time has gone by where I should've updated additions, but I recall getting this for about $150 several years ago from a collector in Japan that either consigns over there or opens an ungodly amount of product (lan3 is the seller)
Well, the hunt is over for one of them apparently....lol. If you ever want to part with it, I am your man. Ironically the last couple of 2006 Finest 1/1's I have found have been in Japan. Strange how a good number of these have ended up over there.

abide

Apr 29, 2021
Add me to the list of people who say: first time viewer, great collection, enjoyed every post going back to the start
I only joined the group 3 or 4 years ago.
I admire a hard core player collector of a non HOF.
Anybody can be a player collector of Ken Griffey, Derek Jeter, Frank Thomas, Albert Pujols, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper and so on, it doesn't show a whole lot of imagination, it just takes a big budget to compete with everyone else going after the rare cards of those guys.
Send me a pm with your addy, I'll make a contribution of a few cards, that will be your 5th [or 10th] copy

Members online