Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Blacks WTF!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
His name is in this thread somewhere but he's just a guy that has created 100's of ebay accounts and keeps getting this accounts suspended by ebay b/c he doesn't pay. He seems to mostly bid up Topps black parallels and then pay for what he can before he gets suspended leaving many other sellers in the dust. He's been quoted as saying if you contact me outside ebay, I'll pay for the items. I've tried messaging him on ebay and facebook with no response.

Was wondering if we could get him on here to help the sellers on here get paid.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
People SERIOUSLY need to start calling this dude to discuss. Maybe he works 2nd shift and 2:15 in the morning is the most convenient time to reach him. Or maybe it's 4:00 AM. You'll never know unless you try!

I've been trying every number I come across. Everything is disconnected.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
he just got back to me on facebook, will update later. hopefully i can get him to pay. not sure why he wouldn't WANT to pay, a lot of the cards he bought for, he got major steals on.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think a lot of it is a game to him.

yup, it is. here is his response:

carl
do i know you? just wondering who you are and why the friend request.
plmk
cc

ME:

Yes, I've been trying to get a hold of you the past couple days. you won over $150 worth of cards on ebay from me and I think you got suspended again. I was wondering if you could send me the total to my paypal account outside ebay so I can mail these cards to you. my ebay id is immaculate_and_exquisite

I just spoke to ebay and they said your account was not suspended, is there any chance you can pay for these cards? You claim that you will pay if ebay has not suspended you.

HIS RESPONSE:

who are you? and what are you talking about

I can't respond, so he must have blocked me or something....

What a tool.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Once i figured out it was him, i sent him a message saying i knew he wasn't going to pay and offered it to the next highest bidder. Also thanked him for jacking up the price.

Never responded...or paid.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
A-hole got me again (even though i have been vigilant) too, but was kicked off before getting his $$$...jerk filed a claim against me.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
He must be one very deranged person

My only hope is that one day he crosses someone who is even more deranged than he is and shows up at his house (which is directly across the street from a church ironically enough) and beats his ass.

It takes a lot to piss me off and this **** has me boiling. How someone can be so egomaniacal to bid on hundreds if not thousands of auctions a year without ever intending to pay is just beyond my comprehension. I mean why in the world would he do this? The time and effort it must take to create all the new users names and variations on his name, this has to be a game to him right?

But Seriously XXXX this guy.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
If he's using new IDs every time, couldn't you just change the settings so users with low (or no) feedback can't bid on your items?

eBay only lets you block people with -1 feedback, and I don't even know how it is possible to get that.

He burns through Ids so fast that the npb block would never apply.

He only snipes so you can't cancel his bids.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Does ebay have a policy against blocking IPs? This dude has certainly crossed whatever line they might have.

To hear him tell it, he INTENDS to pay but gets reported and NARU'd before he's able. Not much evidence to this effect however.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
IP addresses change. If you're on mobile, you're probably on a different one every few connections, plus blocking that IP might block dozens of other users. If you're at home on a broadband connection, rebooting your router will likely get you a new address. This is one of those cases where the spirit and intent of the internet being based on people being sane and reasonable bumps up against an outlier of reality. The best way would be to force people to tie ebay IDs a paypal account, and block the paypal account if the bidder is bad. Unless he has a new paypal account for every ebay ID, which I think would require a separate bank account or credit card, he would be locked out of the system permanently.

bblair_2002

Aug 12, 2009
Fort Plain,NY
I do know of this person. He used to be a member of another site and at one point he was a great trader. He was always looking for Topps Blacks and I've made about 5-6 trades with him in the past. Over the last year or 2 he's started flaking out on trades and ended up being banned.

Members online