Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever find a card after thinking you lost or sold it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
For the last five months I havent been able to remember whether or not I had moved or lost my Mark Sanchez Sp Authentic RC Auto Patch. After looking hard for it I assumed I had sold it. I just found it under my bed a few hours ago..

Feels like a bonus since I thought it was gone lol

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Worse feeling is looking for a card that you may or may not have sold. I can not remember for the life of me if I sold a card last year. 80% sure I didn't, but can't find the darn thing.

Odd to be searching for something without being sure that it is even in the house anymore...

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Congrats on locating a lost card!

I used to have stuff shipped home when I was away for school. I came back one winter break to find that everything I had bought during that fall was misplaced or lost. I had long given up hope on those thinking my mailers may have been thrown out accidentally when my parents were moving. Last year around this time I found an old mailer, postmarked October 1, 2007!

postmark.jpg

The contents....

2002 SPx Winning Materials 2-Player Base Combos B-SR K.Sasaki/M.Rivera /200
spx.jpg

and the biggie...

2000 Upper Deck HoloGrFX A Piece of the Series Autographs PSA11 #ed 15/25
pon2000h.jpg

I have been a huge fan of this set, I even have a dedicated page for these cards on my website (http://oneill21.webs.com/hologrfx.htm). This has always been one of the top 5 most wanted cards ever since I started my collection. I paid $40.83 for it back in 2007 and had only come across 2-3 in the next 3 years all of which sold for nearly double what I paid for this one, some even reaching over $150. Needless to say, I was absolutely floored to find the HoloGRFX Auto after nearly 3 years!

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
frzg said:
So you essentially had a picture of Mark Sanchez in your bed and you lost it,

ugh

Of course, similar to you and your taijuan walker cards lol

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
My favorite thing is losing a card can't find it while its hot then the week after prices plummet finding it on top of the fridge. I don't remember the card but I remember being upset.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Not card related, but waaaaaaayyyy back in my high school days, a couple friends and I drove up to a record store in L.A. where the Pretenders were having a signing. I got an album signed by the original four members (not long before two of them died). I haven't been able to find it for about 20 years. :cry: :cry: :cry:

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
im missing an 08 ginter miggy extended mini that i can;t find and know i didnt sell. will probably find it eventually but no clue where i put it.

Card Geeks Blog

Jun 2, 2011
I keep hoping this will happen to me. I sold a Drew Brees Gold Refractor RC Bowman Chrome /99 for $61 on ebay...then couldn't find the damn thing. EVER. Still have no idea where it is to this day. I sold it before the Saints had their big run and won the Super Bowl. It may be worth more now who knows. Currently my copy is worth $0 since I can't find it.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
I was 90% sure I had one of the SI for Kids Tiger Woods cards back when they got really hot but I could never find it because I assumed they would never have any value so they all went into some junk box that disappeared. ::facepalm::