Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2/3rd's done on my set - #40/60 was a big one!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Started this set in Sept. 2009. Added #40 yesterday. The only relic card of HOFer Leon Day. I can't think of another GU ***** Leaguer card of a guy that didn't play in the Majors other than Josh Gibson. Anyone know of one?

day01UDGG.jpg

The Leon Day is one of the 4 biggies in the set. I have Lefty Grove, still need Roy Campanella and Ichiro (rookie year).

Hope I can finish it in two years or less. Here's scans of the ones I have (Gary Sheffield also incoming).

Last edited:

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
Thanks for the link to the scans. That's how a GU set should be done. Love some of the players included: Mesa, Blanchard, Park, Hollandsworth. Not your normal everyday GU set guys!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
packbusta said:
Thanks for the link to the scans. That's how a GU set should be done. Love some of the players included: Mesa, Blanchard, Park, Hollandsworth. Not your normal everyday GU set guys!

That was one of the appeals of doing it. Doc Ellis? Awesome! Greg Luzinski? Loved him! Luis Aparicio? Underrated! But then with a couple of really hard cards, the set is also a challenge. The checklist and the fact that they are glove swatches (gloves being such a personal item to a player) are what drew me to this set.

Members online