Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NFS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yankeeno7

Nov 7, 2010
Card NFS! Determined to be a reprint!

Here is a 2003-04 UD Legends Championship Numbers Michael Jordan autograph. From what I understand, there are only 90 of these even though it is not serial numbered and it is also an Exchange card. So who knows if all 90 were redeemed.
500.00 PP gift dlvd but I would prefer a bank check or MO
img041.jpg

G

Re: 2003-04 UD Legends Michael Jordan auto /90 (or maybe less)

you couldn't pay me money to do a deal with this scammer.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY

Are you guys ******* kidding me?The OP is one of the most honest guys I have ever meet in this hobby.I would put my own reputation on it.
Mike

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010

hofmichael said:
Are you guys fracking kidding me?The OP is one of the most honest guys I have ever meet in this hobby.I would put my own reputation on it.
Mike

Ok so you agree to vouch for this card that your buddy is trying to sell as legit?

All 03 UD legends cards were numbered /90. All non numbered ones are reprints that have been selling on ebay lately.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jordan- ... 1c20069d19

Here go buy a ton of the un numbered ones and pawn them off as legit as well. Because since you vouched for this dude and his LEGIT Jordan auto? ... your rep is all but gone on my opinion.

Also, can you let us know how many UD authentic Jordan autos....or actually any UD sports card that comes without a UD hologram on the back? I guess when people reprint, photocopy these cards on the front and back the Foil nor the holograms dont show up. Gee no wonder they dont have /90 foil numbers and no UD hologram in the back!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY

wbonus said:
hofmichael said:
Are you guys fracking kidding me?The OP is one of the most honest guys I have ever meet in this hobby.I would put my own reputation on it.
Mike

Ok so you agree to vouch for this card that your buddy is trying to sell as legit?

All 03 UD legends cards were numbered /90. All non numbered ones are reprints that have been selling on ebay lately.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jordan- ... 1c20069d19

Here go buy a ton of the un numbered ones and pawn them off as legit as well. Because since you vouched for this dude and his LEGIT Jordan auto? ... your rep is all but gone on my opinion.

Also, can you let us know how many UD authentic Jordan autos....or actually any UD sports card that comes without a UD hologram on the back? I guess when people reprint, photocopy these cards on the front and back the Foil nor the holograms dont show up. Gee no wonder they dont have /90 foil numbers and no UD hologram in the back!
I vouch for this guy as a stand member of this hobby.If the card is not legit then I guarantee he had no clue.I am all for outing a scammer but before you burn a guy at the stake we should know the details.I know the guys history and numberous dealings with him.Not only will I vouch for him but so will everyone that has had dealings with him on the PSA boards.I promise you this guy is no scammer.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008

I have no pony in this race, but I will say that the last time this guy was posting on these boards he was trying to validate a fake Jeter auto.

yankeeno7

Nov 7, 2010

First of all, I had NO idea there were fake Jordans out of this set. If thats the case I will be going back to the person who traded it to me to be reimbursed.

Second, that Jeter you are talking about, I was asking for an OPINION because someone wanted to trade it to me. I was concerned of its legitimacy and asked for opinions....I was not on there trying to pass it off or sell it. If someone had told me that asking for an opinion was a bad thing, I guess I never would have asked.

Im hoping to find out today of the BGS sub. If it doesnt slab, I will be happy to share that and it was a lesson learned for me.

Thanks for the support, Mike.

I have been on the PSA boards and SGC boards for many years. You can ask just about anyone on those sites about me and you wont find anyone i have had a bad transaction with. And also many transactions on SCN with only one person I had an issue with.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008

All I said was you were trying to validate it, which is what you were doing. I didn't say you were trying to pass it off. I guess my ultimate point is/was that the last two posts you started over a period of four months both involved questionable cards.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010

This card is a fake and easy dead give away.

There is no foil on the card. So it makes it easy for people to photocopy and print on stock or thicker stock.

The authentic version of this card is /90. Its serial numbered on the front. No such thing as a non serial numbered version of a numbered card from this set. It wasnt a redemption either. It was out of pack.

The back of the card has no foil. The back of the card also doesnt have a hologram. UD rarely misses a hologram and virtually never misses it on an insert or Auto ...and especially out of /90 from their spokesman. The card is no apart of the rest of production. Since the card is an "on card" auto, its hand collected, signed and put back into packing. No way it goes un noticed.

I know you vouch for the guy and not the card. But him not knowing is heresay. You can always plead neglegance to the case. But the op shouldnt throw a story out there without verification He is also asking for PP Givt, and drafts. Why?

yankeeno7

Nov 7, 2010

And also, on that thread, I dont know if someone was trying to claim that I was the ebay seller on that card (ebay id Jasminevo from California) or if they just found the person trying to sell it. But for the record, my ebay id is nyyankeeno7 and Im from Upstate NY.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010

yankeeno7 said:
And also, on that thread, I dont know if someone was trying to claim that I was the ebay seller on that card (ebay id Jasminevo from California) or if they just found the person trying to sell it. But for the record, my ebay id is nyyankeeno7 and Im from Upstate NY.

No, its the only auction on ebay of the reprint version. If we can check ebay for past year, youll see a ton of these being sold as reprints/fakes. The auction given was to show you an example of the variety available out there of photocopied cards.

This has been discussed on HK, Blowout and a few other intl boards.

Does your card have a hologram on the back of the card? That should be the first sign

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008

wbonus said:
yankeeno7 said:

No, its the only auction on ebay of the reprint version. If we can check ebay for past year, youll see a ton of these being sold as reprints/fakes. The auction given was to show you an example of the variety available out there of photocopied cards.

This has been discussed on HK, Blowout and a few other intl boards.

Does your card have a hologram on the back of the card? That should be the first sign

He's talking about the Jeter.

yankeeno7

Nov 7, 2010

When I got the card, I was doing Google searches and that is where I found that it was a redemption. Obviously, I didnt get enough or the right information about the card. I never found that there were reprints.

Why do I ask for gift? Because last year I got burned on a 300 dollar card. Person received the card, opened a PP claim, sent me an empty package with DC. They kept the card and got my money. It was a buyer scam. Id rather keep a card than to lose both card and money.

You make some pretty amazing accusations and assumptions that I would not refund someone. I have a pretty good reputation out there and not going to ruin it for one card that scores me a couple hundred bucks. Especially when I have plans to start legitimate business in the industry.

I will admit, Im not good with modern cards. Im much more of a vintage guy. I found (what I thought to be) an opportunity to turn something over and make a few bucks. Obviously, I screwed myself by not having the knowledge and lack of experience with modern.

yankeeno7

Nov 7, 2010

This information is why I like message boards. The card is obviously now a fake and Ive been taken. It has no hologram.

But instead of being educated, Ive been tarred and feathered. Thanks guys.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY

yankeeno7 said:
This information is why I like message boards. The card is obviously now a fake and Ive been taken. It has no hologram.

Live and learn I guess bro.So many scammers pass through here that the minute someone doesn't realize they have been taken that they are labeled a scammer.You admitted your mistake.That is all you can do.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010

yankeeno7 said:

Dont take it the wrong way. The words are hard to understand when a person types them without showing their expression or the tone of their voice when taking in person.

There have been a few people trying to sell this card as authentic. Whether they were duped and trying to recoup the money by pawning it off or were taken for a ride unknowingly are trying to sell or trade it, its still un ethical to do so when it comes to fakes.

When dealing with good photocopies and reprints of modern cards especially from UD, its always good to check out the hologram and any foiling that is missing. Also asking on message board forums prior to making the trade also helps the buyer in being vigilant. The authenticity on the back of the card bearing the note that it is autographed no longer pertains to authenticity.

Also notice the grainy picture on the card. Authentics are usually sharp in picture whereas scans are usually grainy. The scan itself can pick up the sharp image, but a printer cannot print photo like quality when using ink. If its a retail photo printer, it can do a better job but most people who try and fake these dont invest the money into printers of such.

I hope you can recoup your money. Also, please help us in knowing who traded this card to you to see if they are prevelant on the boards and still trading/selling so we can watch out for other types of fraudulent cards. Does the person you got this card from trade on any other forums on this?

yankeeno7

Nov 7, 2010
I didnt even know that there were people faking modern cards like that. I have heard of people putting fake patches in cards and erasing autos and putting on a fake auto or fake numbers. (I know about the 2001 Bowman Pujols but I never knew about that HD Jeter I questioned on the other thread.)

It is a hard lesson and a good experience....I just wish it hadnt been MY experience but that I learning by reading. You win some and you lose some, I suppose.

Unfortunately, it was no one from a message board but someone I previously sold an item to on ebay about a year and a half ago. I dont even remember they guys name. I had cards he was interested in and offered up that Jordan as part of the trade. It was a good opportunity to make a few bucks but that has obviously back fired on me this time.

Members online

Latest posts