Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Kemp... Why no hype?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff152380

Feb 23, 2010
Vermont
Kemp has a legit shot at triple crown and going 40-40 in the same season....I don't care if the Dodgers are good or not.... If Kemp pulls either or both off its one hell of a season with little hype

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
jeff152380 said:
Kemp has a legit shot at triple crown and going 40-40 in the same season....I don't care if the Dodgers are good or not.... If Kemp pulls either or both off its one hell of a season with little hype

I agree, hopefully he comes away with some hardware. He has deserved it this year, no smack talking, just playing ball.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
It would help if more than 20 people showed up to their games, and half those people are on the phone the whole
game.

See the Marlins, Mike Stanton, and why no one cares.

Kevin

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
alexs64 said:
James52411 said:
Dodgers no good.

Thanks genius.

The question only required an easy, simple answer. If the Dodgers were in contention, he'd be getting a lot more hype for NL MVP. The Dodgers are crappy and their organization is a dumpster fire, as evidenced by the fact that their two best known moments this year were a near murder in the Dodger Stadium parking lot and their owner looting all the team assets and being forced to sell the team. I'll accept your apology now that I've explained my brilliant, succinct answer.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
He doesn't have a cute story like the centerfielder in Texas and his team isn't in contention.

Best hype he could have gotten was being with Rihanna, but then he was playing like garbage last year.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
If he was doing this as a prospect, his prices would be through the roof. Speed and power. I don't see why his cards are not more expensive.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
James52411 said:
alexs64 said:
James52411 said:
Dodgers no good.

Thanks genius.

The question only required an easy, simple answer. If the Dodgers were in contention, he'd be getting a lot more hype for NL MVP. The Dodgers are crappy and their organization is a dumpster fire, as evidenced by the fact that their two best known moments this year were a near murder in the Dodger Stadium parking lot and their owner looting all the team assets and being forced to sell the team. I'll accept your apology now that I've explained my brilliant, succinct answer.
~So by your "brilliant" line of thought, Kershaw has no chance at the CY either. Interesting that a Cubs fan thinks that they have any room to talk about another team being crappy.~

It would be nice to see Kemp get the MVP since he is the most deserving but the voters, like most on this board, only give credit to those that play on the east coast.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The NL MVP will be one of the most intriguing photo-finishes I can remember in a while.

I could see ANY of these guys getting a 1st place vote for MVP:

Braun, Prince, Kemp, Berkman, Pujols, Upton, Victorino, Jose Reyes, Ryan Howard, Votto, McCann, or Kimbrel.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
It would help if more than 20 people showed up to their games, and half those people are on the phone the whole
game.

See the Marlins, Mike Stanton, and why no one cares.

Kevin

Except for the fact there average attendance is around 37,000.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I would love to see Kemp win the MVP....only problem is that he will not be the only 30/30/.300 player in the NL. :?

But I would say that Fielder takes votes away from Braun, which helps his case.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I think that it just takes time for the hype to come. Over the course of a season the limelight shines in a lot of directions and cannot focus on every player who is hot. (This year it has focused far more on pitchers, and specifically Verlander.) Another thing to consider is that Kemp has had very solid seasons in the past, but has been somewhat inconsistent, which may mean that some are not ready to buy in yet.

If he finishes the year strong, he could still get attention this season, but in my mind his best bet is if he can replicate his stats next season. That would really solidify him as one of the best in baseball in my mind.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Twinsfan84 said:
Well your post worked. He's now the front page story of Yahoo Sports.
FCB... controlling the sports hype world...

Members online

Latest posts