Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UFC's 1st Fox show

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
JzWand said:
nborton said:
nborton said:
Is this supposed to be on FOX or FX?

Never mind. I just figured it out.

I don't get why they are only showing one fight though. It seems like they would want to milk it. What if the fight lasts a minute? People who've never really watched much are going to be disappointed. At least showing a few fights gives new fans a chance to see a couple good fights. It seems they are gearing it at first to bring in new fans, so why put all your eggs in one basket?

Fox has a 1 hour window to broadcast the UFC that night.
But there are still other fights happening that night.
So worst case scenario the fight lasts 2 minutes, and Fox will broadcast 1 or 2 of the other fights.
Kinda of like what happens on a PPV when the main event ends too quickly.
If the fight lasts all 5 rounds, well it will probably take up close to the full hour between entrances, intros, the fight and the post fight.

I guess that works. It just seems weird to me that FOX would only go with 1 hour. Who knows. Maybe they've done studies to find people don't last much longer than that per show.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
nborton said:
JzWand said:
nborton said:
nborton said:

I don't get why they are only showing one fight though. It seems like they would want to milk it. What if the fight lasts a minute? People who've never really watched much are going to be disappointed. At least showing a few fights gives new fans a chance to see a couple good fights. It seems they are gearing it at first to bring in new fans, so why put all your eggs in one basket?

So worst case scenario the fight lasts 2 minutes, and Fox will broadcast 1 or 2 of the other fights.
If the fight lasts all 5 rounds, well it will probably take up close to the full hour between entrances, intros, the fight and the post fight.

I guess that works. It just seems weird to me that FOX would only go with 1 hour. Who knows. Maybe they've done studies to find people don't last much longer than that per show.

Another reason for the short TV night is the fact that Manny Pacquiao is fighting the same night on PPV.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
seanho2309 said:
nborton said:
JzWand said:
nborton said:
nborton said:

Another reason for the short TV night is the fact that Manny Pacquiao is fighting the same night on PPV.

They said they were going to make it kind of a lead in to the PacMan fight.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts