Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone have a scan/pic of '97 Pinnacle Mint Silver Coin?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Does anyone have a picture, scan, link, etc. of a 1997 Pinnacle Mint Solid Silver Coin? Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the Solid Silver and the Nickel version from 1997?

Just to note, I am only looking to clear up 1997 difference because in 1998 it is very clear between the two.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
1997pinnaclesolidsilver1griffey.jpg

1997pinnaclesolidsilver1griffey1.jpg

1997pinnaclesolidsilver14manny.jpg

1997pinnaclesolidsilver14manny1.jpg

a belle just ended on ebay recently too. the only 3 from 1997 ive seen. they all say FINE SILVER on the back, but there is a manny ramirez error coin thats brass but says FINE SILVER TOO.

im not sure if these came with COA cards like the 1998s tho cause those 3 i saw didnt come with one

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
n1astrosfn said:

a belle just ended on ebay recently too. the only 3 from 1997 ive seen. they all say FINE SILVER on the back, but there is a manny ramirez error coin thats brass but says FINE SILVER TOO.

im not sure if these came with COA cards like the 1998s tho cause those 3 i saw didnt come with one

This CLEARLY shows the difference. Thanks you very much for sharing because this does show that the fine silver coins do say "fine silver" on the back of the coin. These seem to be SO rare...

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Just posted mine in the 90's thread...

Now I see where the other Manny fine silver ended up! :)

Here's the Manny brass error:
IMG-2.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
carrsallstars said:

did you just get it. i sold one a while back for 30ish and prior to that i saw another go for around the same, so technically ive seen 4 of 1997s

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
n1astrosfn said:
carrsallstars said:

did you just get it. i sold one a while back for 30ish and prior to that i saw another go for around the same, so technically ive seen 4 of 1997s

Maybe a year and a half ago? I believe i paid 33.99 if that ID's it for you. As I recall the other one to sell on ebay since then was about the same price. But I believe that might still be only two coins (2 sells and 2 buys). Not sure.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
carrsallstars said:
n1astrosfn said:
carrsallstars said:

Maybe a year and a half ago? I believe i paid 33.99 if that ID's it for you. As I recall the other one to sell on ebay since then was about the same price. But I believe that might still be only two coins (2 sells and 2 buys). Not sure.

yeah that was me. i stuck the coin in a separate sleeve cause i didnt want to put the coin in the card. so that is two mannys, but ive also sold a griffey and seen the belle just end so ive seen 4 1997s whereas ive seen a fair share of 1998s and have pulled two myself, a tony clark and mo vaughn.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Ah, well thanks for a smooth transaction :D And for helping it into a good home. The seperate sleeve was key to keeping it in Mint condition. i guess for a coin I should say uncirculated condition ;)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
n1astrosfn said:

This post cleared up the difference for me. It was actually in regards to the coin which ended on eBay for Belle. Posted and sold as the silver but in fact it is the nickel. Further proving how rare these are....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts