Feel Better Cards fans

Both toes were not down....
    2011 Morning Thread Fantasy Baseball Champion

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Feel Better Cards fans

Ah, some Steelers fans (some of them, not all) would come up with some other excuse anyway....
    ffmancards.webs.com
    Collecting: Mickey Mantle, Tennessee Titans, HOF/Star rookies

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After looking at other shots it was still too close to be overturned either way. The ref on the ground can't see the play with the close-up quality that the photographs show.
    ffmancards.webs.com

imac220
     ianmac220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the rule said, without INDISPUTABLE evidence, a play cannot be overturned. Please correct me if I am wrong
    - Ian

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the point I tried to make with my second post. Compelling photography but:

1. Regardless of what pictures we have the refs did not access to them....and cameras can get a better look than the human eye can.

2. Even with the pictures, we can't tell at what point during the catch the one foot was above the ground (ie - did he actually first make the catch - with both feet on the ground - prior to one of the photographs shown?).

Quote Originally Posted by imac220
    I thought the rule said, without INDISPUTABLE evidence, a play cannot be overturned. Please correct me if I am wrong
    ffmancards.webs.com

imac220
     ianmac220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ffgameman
    That was the point I tried to make with my second post. Compelling photography but:

1. Regardless of what pictures we have the refs did not access to them....and cameras can get a better look than the human eye can.

2. Even with the pictures, we can't tell at what point during the catch the one foot was above the ground (ie - did he actually first make the catch - with both feet on the ground - prior to one of the photographs shown?).

Ah, ok. After reading your post again, now I realize what I think you were saying. I mean, he could of put his second foot down after the photo. That I think is an advantage of "slow-mo" video evidence. We just do not know. And hey, it is in the past, it won't change anything now, so us fans and the NFL should just move on, and forget about it.
    - Ian

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The refs shouldn't be criticized for that call, but instead the non-calls. The folks in the booth need to be criticized for deciding not to review the last call (fumble), even if it wouldn't have been overturned.

Ah, ok. After reading your post again, now I realize what I think you were saying. I mean, he could of put his second foot down after the photo. That I think is an advantage of "slow-mo" video evidence. We just do not know. And hey, it is in the past, it won't change anything now, so us fans and the NFL should just move on, and forget about it.
    ffmancards.webs.com

imac220
     ianmac220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The refs shouldn't be criticized for that call, but instead the non-calls. The folks in the booth need to be criticized for deciding not to review the last call (fumble), even if it wouldn't have been overturned.

I agree, in that the refs should not have been blamed on that typical call, and they should have reviewed the Warner fumble, BUT after the replay, I thought it looked like a clean fumble, but that is just me.
    - Ian

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That picture was taken after both feet touched. I've seen two other pictures that verify his foot was down.

I still wish he missed it though, that or at least replay the last play of the game....
    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 44 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    1998 Donruss Crusade Purple Samples/Prototypes (two different, See examples here)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was one hell of a toss and a catch that is for sure! Especially into traffic as it was! He was in though and it was a good call!
    After any Seattle stuff. Not so much into baseball anymore but after ANY, and I MEAN A N Y Matt Hasselbeck stuff I can get! ESPECIALLY RARE STUFF! Also looking for John Carlson, Brian Bosworth, Shaun Alexander and Steve Largent!
    DESPERATE to find Brock Lesnar's FOOTBALL cards if you have one to trade!

http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/p...lefantillidie/
    http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/p...%20Hasselbeck/-- DIRECT LINK TO MY HASSELBECK MADNESS!!!!!!

-- Shoutout to maryvillereb2003 for the sig, THANK YOU, SIR!

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well steelers DIDN'T cover the spread .