Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL 12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
MetsCollector456 said:
Thinking about picking it up today. Have $15 in Best Buy reward certificates. Anything new this year?

Winnipeg Jets yo! Other than that, I have no idea. I bought NHL 11, so I am not sure if I will get this year's or not.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
MetsCollector456 said:
Game is pretty normal..More physical..your controller vibrates heavily when you hit someone or bump into them. Face offs are different..other than that pretty much the same.

goalies can fight players or the other goalie
you can hit people into the bench
you can break the glass
you can knock the net off

thats all i have figured out so far. fun game

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Been playing it with my buddy. It definitely feels different which is good. One think I like is that when you go to check someone, if it's a really good hit at an awkward moment, you can fall over as well. Makes it more realistic.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I just downloaded the demo last night and played it for a while. It's a fun game, but it was much more complicated than expected as someone who hasn't played a hockey game since sega saturn. I did enjoy it enough that I think I'll pick it up this weekend. It seems challenging, but I'm hoping I'll be able to learn how to actually score in it.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Is scoring in NHL 12 as hard as it was in NHL 11? Cause I had one hell of a time scoring goals in NHL 11, even on rookie/easy difficulty. I would usually score 0-1 goal per game and routinely lose with scores of 3-0, 4-1, 4-0, etc. It was a very fun game and I had no complaints about NHL 11 other than the fact that I could never freaking score.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Weimer said:
Is scoring in NHL 12 as hard as it was in NHL 11? Cause I had one hell of a time scoring goals in NHL 11, even on rookie/easy difficulty. I would usually score 0-1 goal per game and routinely lose with scores of 3-0, 4-1, 4-0, etc. It was a very fun game and I had no complaints about NHL 11 other than the fact that I could never freaking score.

First time playing any of the series and by my 5th game on easy I beat the lightning 7-0 with the Bruins. I'll probably be moving the difficulty up a level after a few more games.

jgro85

Mar 15, 2010
Long Beach, CA
anybody play the online team play? easily the best aspect of the game. I probably play 2-3 hours a day with a couple of people on xbox live.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Sorry to drag this thread upward, but I had a quick question about NHL 12: does it have the ability to shorten the season or do you have to play a full 82 games? I know 2k hockey could make the season shorter and more doable, but NHL was stubborn about that. I can play maybe half a season, but I just can't commit to a season playing 82 games. Just curious. Thanks.

AK11

May 24, 2010
I answered my question. I just bought the game recently and just wanted to know if it was possible. No I am not one to sim games because I prefer to play them so certain players on my team get better stats and never want to leave it to the CPU to chance of losing a game.

Members online

Latest posts