Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

if you're going to show off your collection via scans.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
PLEASE scan them all the same way/size.

Take the time and pride to properly show off your collection(s).

it's very nauseating to see scans of different sizes, tilted scans and things like that

Thank You,
FCB

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I always use the 640x400 (I think that's right setting), but sometimes use thumbnail links vs. full scans. Just depends on the context.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
ThoseBackPages said:
PLEASE scan them all the same way/size.

Take the time and pride to properly show off your collection(s).

it's very nauseating to see scans of different sizes, tilted scans and things like that

Thank You,
FCB

I understand when the scans are very small or theres 50 cards in 1 scan, but if you cant get the idea from a card because the scan is tilted, you really arent that interested in it. Maybe you need to take some dramamine before you login.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
TomMurry said:
if you cant get the idea from a card because the scan is tilted, you really arent that interested in it. Maybe you need to take some dramamine before you login.

says whom?

all im saying to take some g-d damned PRIDE when showing off ones collection.

tilted scans mixed in with digi pics, multi-card scans and the like just isnt the right way to do it

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
ThoseBackPages said:
TomMurry said:
if you cant get the idea from a card because the scan is tilted, you really arent that interested in it. Maybe you need to take some dramamine before you login.

says whom?

tilted scans mixed in with digi pics, multi-card scans and the like just isnt the right way to do it

Says me. Says the 3 dealers sitting here reading the forums with me as well. If you are serious about a card, it wouldnt matter if it was tilted or not. doesnt change the card or the quality of the scan. If its large and clear, thats enough. If you want a card, you can tilt your head. Now if theres 30 scans and they are all sideways, then I completely agree. If thats what youre talking about, I totally understand and agree 100%. If its 1-2 scans that are sideways, you can deal with it. If its my collection, I could care less if you like the scans. The cards arent for you.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Dice-K Collector said:
zach said:
[quote="Dice-K Collector":7agknwzy]
zach said:

Hey, Im not a bee :evil:

Not you personally but the scans.... :lol:

I don't see what the major issue is.

I dont care about the size of my scans... but if other people do, Ill make the size consistent from now on.[/quote:7agknwzy]

Don't sweat it. Do it the way you're most comfortable.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Dice-K Collector said:
zach said:
[quote="Dice-K Collector":9hnfx7wy]
zach said:

I dont care about the size of my scans... but if other people do, Ill make the size consistent from now on.[/quote:9hnfx7wy]

As long as they are large enough to see and not blurry, dont worry about it. Especially if its your stuff that youre not selling/trading. If its your stuff, post scans any size you want. Granted people may start to not look at your posts if you are posting stuff that is too small to see, but a decent size and clear shot is all you really need. I didnt see an issue with your thread.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
zach said:
Dice-K Collector said:
zach said:
[quote="Dice-K Collector":laas4y1r]
zach said:

I dont care about the size of my scans... but if other people do, Ill make the size consistent from now on.

Don't sweat it. Do it the way you're most comfortable.[/quote:laas4y1r]

Will do! I might actually like it better with consistent sizes though.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Have you seen my card collecting and OCD thread? :twisted:

Seriously though, my photobucket is a mess. I've been wanting to rescan a ton of stuff and get it better organized with sizes that aren't so random as they are now.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
I think the OP is right that its more attractive to show cards with same size, and well lined up, but i think (he'd even admit in an honest moment) he's projecting his own OCD a little bit here.

You can scan and share your collection any way you want.

If you want it to look 'professional' you should follow the OP's advice, but you're not hurting anyone sharing it the way you did.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
TomMurry said:

says whom?

Didn't realize that to have pride in one's collections scans must be perfect. Here I thought having pride was about what you had IN your collection.....guess a lots changed since photobucket :? :?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Fandruw25 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
TomMurry said:

says whom?

Didn't realize that to have pride in one's collections scans must be perfect. Here I thought having pride was about what you had IN your collection.....guess a lots changed since photobucket :? :?

TYVM
You've been thanked. Couldnt have said it better myself.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
not that I don't appreciate the awesome cards that other collectors have, but I tend to agree with Eric on this one. I look more closely at scans that are a uniform size and aren't tilted. I guess that's mostly because I take the time to make them as presentable as possible, so I gravitate to other collectors who make the same effort.

edit: understand this - I'm not for a second saying that guys who don't spend the extra time to edit their scans aren't proud of their cards; I'm sure nothing could be further from the truth. I'm just drawn to guys that do what I do, I guess.

Members online

Latest posts