Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LEAF files counterclaims against the Topps Company....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
Leaf said:
shepsspot said:
Keyser Soze said:
It's just stupid to defend Topps. They have a monopoly and continually pump out crap product after crap product and you have people like BG who are trying to improve the hobby and that's the response he gets? I don't care for Leaf's past few products but at least he's trying to do something different. All Topps can introduce to the hobby is a 326th different type of refractor. YAY SEPIA!!

Just curious to know what he is doing different?

Shep

I would like to take this one:

1> MASSIVELY SHORT PRINT RUNS. Leaf draft BB is around 500 cases. Bowman chrome is probably around 3000 cases Hobby and metric tons of retail.

2> GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.... Always Fair swaps for issues and prompt handling of any issues....

3> NO BAIT AND SWITCH... We do not put a massive list of names on the sell sheet just to quietly leave them out of the product without a word (or apology)

4> METAL IS AN IMPROVEMENT ON CHROME.... Look at the etching we use on these cards. It costs a lot more money, but we maximize the potential of the technology.

5> WE LISTEN TO CUSTOMERS... They want a high end gamble where they get a reasonable return. Most products yield 30-50% on average.... Our buyback products yield 70%-80% overall..

6> SEE #5.... When collectors sent us names for draft, we added lots of studs the other guys wont get!..... We dont put stickers on metal cards!,... we dont leave guys out of draft products because they cost $7 insetad of $1.

7> PLAYER THEMED ISSUES... This category is under explored. We brought You ALI. Next is Pete Rose. Then Vince Lombardi.

8> THE BIGGEST HITS... JOE JACKSON, KENNEDY/OSWALD/BLOODY SEAT CARD, WASHINGTON/LINCOLN DUAL AUTO, LEAF BRINGS THE BIGGEST HITS!...

9> WE THINK LIKE COLLECTORS... I am a collector... I think like a collector. That gives us an edge in delivering what you want!

10> WE CARE..... Its not all about the money... I love making cards. I care about this business. Making a great item that people care about is my #1 goal in life!

Hope this helps... BG

What the hell are you doing? Running for Dallas City Council? :)

LOL... you rock.. where's are my fireman relics?
BG

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Leaf said:
shepsspot said:
Keyser Soze said:
It's just stupid to defend Topps. They have a monopoly and continually pump out crap product after crap product and you have people like BG who are trying to improve the hobby and that's the response he gets? I don't care for Leaf's past few products but at least he's trying to do something different. All Topps can introduce to the hobby is a 326th different type of refractor. YAY SEPIA!!

Shep

1> MASSIVELY SHORT PRINT RUNS. Leaf draft BB is around 500 cases. Bowman chrome is probably around 3000 cases Hobby and metric tons of retail.

2> GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.... Always Fair swaps for issues and prompt handling of any issues....

3> NO BAIT AND SWITCH... We do not put a massive list of names on the sell sheet just to quietly leave them out of the product without a word (or apology)

4> METAL IS AN IMPROVEMENT ON CHROME.... Look at the etching we use on these cards. It costs a lot more money, but we maximize the potential of the technology.

5> WE LISTEN TO CUSTOMERS... They want a high end gamble where they get a reasonable return. Most products yield 30-50% on average.... Our buyback products yield 70%-80% overall..

6> SEE #5.... When collectors sent us names for draft, we added lots of studs the other guys wont get!..... We dont put stickers on metal cards!,... we dont leave guys out of draft products because they cost $7 insetad of $1.

7> PLAYER THEMED ISSUES... This category is under explored. We brought You ALI. Next is Pete Rose. Then Vince Lombardi.

8> THE BIGGEST HITS... JOE JACKSON, KENNEDY/OSWALD/BLOODY SEAT CARD, WASHINGTON/LINCOLN DUAL AUTO, LEAF BRINGS THE BIGGEST HITS!...

9> WE THINK LIKE COLLECTORS... I am a collector... I think like a collector. That gives us an edge in delivering what you want!

10> WE CARE..... Its not all about the money... I love making cards. I care about this business. Making a great item that people care about is my #1 goal in life!

Hope this helps... BG

Looks good, but just a quick question for you. When I click on your site and go to baseball products the only thing that comes up is 2011 Baseball Best. Now I know this has been beat to death before but how is that your product? You bought a bunch of cards on eBay and then you put them into boxes.

Also I am not much of a prospect guy so I don't really care about that, but I know how huge it it here. Do you really think that you are going to beat out Bowman just because you have fewer cases? Didn't you already try that once before?

Shep

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Leaf said:
blanning71 said:
Leaf said:
shepsspot said:
Keyser Soze said:

Shep

Hope this helps... BG

BG

Man, I haven't had any time for cards. Lost my entire collection in the hurricane. Have been working non stop since helping the community recover. I haven't forgotten you though..

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Leaf said:
But seriously, I am perfectly good at taking criticism. I thrive on taking thoughts about my products and improving them.

I just have little patience for trolls and smart asses (I am embarassed I stooped to the same low levels...)

BG

But...

The Twins do suck...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Leaf said:
George_Calfas said:
Leaf said:
shepsspot said:
Keyser Soze":1bgu32fd]It's just stupid to defend Topps. They have a monopoly and continually pump out crap product after crap product and you have people like BG who are trying to improve the hobby and that's the response he gets? I don't care for Leaf's past few products but at least he's trying to do something different. All Topps can introduce to the hobby is a 326th different type of refractor. YAY SEPIA!![/quote] Just curious to know what he is doing different? Shep[/quote] I would like to take this one: 2> GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.... Always Fair swaps for issues and prompt handling of any issues.... 4> METAL IS AN IMPROVEMENT ON CHROME.... Look at the etching we use on these cards. It costs a lot more money said:
[email protected][/email] ... I answer that way the fastest... BG[/quote:1bgu32fd]

#2, cool, guess I "mis-read" your email
#4, so Elite/Panini is cool with the "Lion" appearance on the left and right side of the card. Technology is not a concern (obviously or Topps would have Sued over the Super 1/1s)
#7, same images....wow you just killed the first Ali set. The base set was one of the best things about 2011 Leaf Ali, I guess I will sell my set soon before the prices tank.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Gotta give Bri some credit, if there were topps, UD, or panini reps here they would of ran away long ago. Whatever
you may think of Leaf products, you can count om BG just being a stones throw away, even if it is to only be a
punching bag.

I think the problem here is that you are flaunting your money in a bad economy. All these lawsuits between the card
companies really make people sick. You all should be throwing your money at the products,and while I can't comment on
the higher end Leaf products because I have never bought them, topps would be wiser to use the money getting caught
up on redemptions that have been sitting for years.....of course I know no one from topps will read this here.

Still kudos to BG for never running.

Kevin

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Its amazing how many people dislike bg/leaf because of what happened to one product 3 yrs back yet dont say shat about the constant major goofs topps does...and continue buying topps stuff.

All I know is that I am embarrassed to carry marque and won't buy more until they drop to 30 a pack.

About seven bxs can be accounted for in my store (28 pks w $1400 srp) and the best.....BEST card was a $35 belt auto...and ofcourse angel pagan quad.

I am absolutely pos that if leaf came out w a $50 pack, it would run rings around anything topps does.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
schmidtfan20 said:
Gotta give Bri some credit, if there were topps, UD, or panini reps here they would of ran away long ago. Whatever
you may think of Leaf products, you can count om BG just being a stones throw away, even if it is to only be a
punching bag.

Still kudos to BG for never running.

Kevin

Kevin, I do agree with you 100%.

I wish Leaf luck against Topps and I hope they can produce quality baseball products and tap into the roots of the LEAF brand.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
shepsspot said:
Leaf said:
shepsspot said:
Keyser Soze said:

Shep

Hope this helps... BG

Looks good, but just a quick question for you. When I click on your site and go to baseball products the only thing that comes up is 2011 Baseball Best. Now I know this has been beat to death before but how is that your product? You bought a bunch of cards on eBay and then you put them into boxes.

Also I am not much of a prospect guy so I don't really care about that, but I know how huge it it here. Do you really think that you are going to beat out Bowman just because you have fewer cases? Didn't you already try that once before?

Shep

THANKS FOR THE QUESTIONS....

First, that is a repack product that includes an ORIGINAL LEAF CUT SIGNATURE card per pack. It falls under the #5 heading above. People wanted to gamble bigger with a better oevrall rate of return. This is many of the hobby's iconic cards in one fun to rip product.

Second, Metal and Valiant Baseball are not deigned to "beat Bowman".
It is deisgned to give the market QUALITY autographs of quality players for which Topps doesnt appreciate enough to put on cards or refuse to pay a fair price to put on cards.

Third, Razor products were not short relative to today's products. They had to be somewhat moderately printed to pay for those huge deals!....

Metal and Valiant are serious value propositions if you are a collector, prospector, or whatever...
Factory cost:
Metal $70 for 6 autos
Bow Chrome $46.80 for 1 auto + base cards

BG

p.s.- I like and rip Bowman Chrome every year.... Ive always been a fan despite what is a massive hit or miss ripping experience...

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
Leaf said:
blanning71 said:
Leaf said:
shepsspot said:
[quote="Keyser Soze":1f79ykh7]It's just stupid to defend Topps. They have a monopoly and continually pump out crap product after crap product and you have people like BG who are trying to improve the hobby and that's the response he gets? I don't care for Leaf's past few products but at least he's trying to do something different. All Topps can introduce to the hobby is a 326th different type of refractor. YAY SEPIA!!

Shep

Hope this helps... BG

BG

Man, I haven't had any time for cards. Lost my entire collection in the hurricane. Have been working non stop since helping the community recover. I haven't forgotten you though..[/quote:1f79ykh7]

I had no idea... so sorry dude.... BG

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Ugh, hate seeing companies going at each other like this. Hope it all works out for you though.

As far as Leaf as a company goes, I can say that their CS is miles ahead of Topps. Still waiting to hear back about a few high end redemptions from Topps that are months overdue...

I've had my share of issues with Leaf (99% of which are sticker related) but I still buy their products and like the effort I have been seeing. They are by no means perfect, but are trying harder than Topps lately to satisfy the customer IMO. That is huge to me when I decide to spend my hard earned money.

Not really a fan at all of the repackaged products, but to each their own.

BG: Few questions. Can you give us some names of who will be on the auto checklist for Ali metal? How many autos per pack? Do the non-Ali autos have parallels?

Thanks.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
Leaf said:
George_Calfas":3jgiy5td][quote=Leaf][quote=shepsspot][quote="Keyser Soze":3jgiy5td]It's just stupid to defend Topps. They have a monopoly and continually pump out crap product after crap product and you have people like BG who are trying to improve the hobby and that's the response he gets? I don't care for Leaf's past few products but at least he's trying to do something different. All Topps can introduce to the hobby is a 326th different type of refractor. YAY SEPIA!![/quote] Just curious to know what he is doing different? Shep[/quote] I would like to take this one: 2> GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.... Always Fair swaps for issues and prompt handling of any issues.... 4> METAL IS AN IMPROVEMENT ON CHROME.... Look at the etching we use on these cards. It costs a lot more money said:
[email protected][/email] ... I answer that way the fastest... BG[/quote:3jgiy5td]

#2, cool, guess I "mis-read" your email
#4, so Elite/Panini is cool with the "Lion" appearance on the left and right side of the card. Technology is not a concern (obviously or Topps would have Sued over the Super 1/1s)
#7, same images....wow you just killed the first Ali set. The base set was one of the best things about 2011 Leaf Ali, I guess I will sell my set soon before the prices tank.[/quote:3jgiy5td]

George, the ALI cards look nothing alike and I do not believe they canablize each other. The design of Metal has a VERY different feel from the full bleed orf the original set.
The "HITS" are new images for the most part.

ON the "valiant", these cards were designed 6 months or more ago. We showed samples at the national before Panini ever showed their cards. How do you know they didnt copy me?

BG

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Brian will you replace a damaged bowman auto with one from Leaf MEtal?

I don't want to deal with Topps. :lol:

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Ty Hope said:
Ugh, hate seeing companies going at each other like this. Hope it all works out for you though.

As far as Leaf as a company goes, I can say that their CS is miles ahead of Topps. Still waiting to hear back about a few high end redemptions from Topps that are months overdue...

I've had my share of issues with Leaf (99% of which are sticker related) but I still buy their products and like the effort I have been seeing. They are by no means perfect, but are trying harder than Topps lately to satisfy the customer IMO. That is huge to me when I decide to spend my hard earned money.

BG: Few questions. Can you give us some names of who will be on the auto checklist for Ali metal? How many autos per pack? Do the non-Ali autos have parallels?

Thanks.

Yes.... all autos have parallels...

You get 7 base cards, 3 prismatics, 1 autograph (fan associate or family) and one ali themed hit (Superprismatic on-card auto, superprismatic unsigned, METAL ALI CUT - a hobby 1st or one of the other ALi themed hits)...

WE removed all the low end aopponents and such form this release. The lowest end autographs in the product are Dundee and Carter.
Checkout my facebook page for images (including Tyson, Montana, Laila Ali (as a baby) and more!!!!!!)
http://www.facebook.com/Leaftradingcards

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
vwnut13 said:
Brian will you replace a damaged bowman auto with one from Leaf MEtal?

I don't want to deal with Topps. :lol:

LOL... I feel your pain.... BG

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
Ty Hope said:

Thanks.

Yes.... all autos have parallels...

You get 7 base cards, 3 prismatics, 1 autograph (fan associate or family) and one ali themed hit (Superprismatic on-card auto, superprismatic unsigned, METAL ALI CUT - a hobby 1st or one of the other ALi themed hits)...

WE removed all the low end aopponents and such form this release. The lowest end autographs in the product are Dundee and Carter.
Checkout my facebook page for images (including Tyson, Montana, Laila Ali (as a baby) and more!!!!!!)
http://www.facebook.com/Leaftradingcards

Cool. I can't get facebook here at work, but will have to check it out later.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Leaf said:
blanning71 said:
Leaf said:
blanning71 said:
Leaf said:
[quote="shepsspot":1jjp7ge0][quote="Keyser Soze":1jjp7ge0]It's just stupid to defend Topps. They have a monopoly and continually pump out crap product after crap product and you have people like BG who are trying to improve the hobby and that's the response he gets? I don't care for Leaf's past few products but at least he's trying to do something different. All Topps can introduce to the hobby is a 326th different type of refractor. YAY SEPIA!!

Shep

Hope this helps... BG

BG

Man, I haven't had any time for cards. Lost my entire collection in the hurricane. Have been working non stop since helping the community recover. I haven't forgotten you though..[/quote:1jjp7ge0]

I had no idea... so sorry dude.... BG[/quote:1jjp7ge0]

I haven't had much to say about it because it was really the final straw for me that kinda has killed my interest in the hobby. I'm still numb when I see stuff on here and it reminds me of stuff I had. I guess thats the breaks though. Must've pissed off some karma god at some point and I'm paying for it.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Leaf said:
shepsspot said:
Leaf said:
shepsspot said:
Keyser Soze said:

Shep

Hope this helps... BG

Shep

THANKS FOR THE QUESTIONS....

First, that is a repack product that includes an ORIGINAL LEAF CUT SIGNATURE card per pack. It falls under the #5 heading above. People wanted to gamble bigger with a better oevrall rate of return. This is many of the hobby's iconic cards in one fun to rip product.

Second, Metal and Valiant Baseball are not deigned to "beat Bowman".
It is deisgned to give the market QUALITY autographs of quality players for which Topps doesnt appreciate enough to put on cards or refuse to pay a fair price to put on cards.

Third, Razor products were not short relative to today's products. They had to be somewhat moderately printed to pay for those huge deals!....

Metal and Valiant are serious value propositions if you are a collector, prospector, or whatever...
Factory cost:
Metal $70 for 6 autos
Bow Chrome $46.80 for 1 auto + base cards

BG

p.s.- I like and rip Bowman Chrome every year.... Ive always been a fan despite what is a massive hit or miss ripping experience...

Not trying to get into a pissing match with you because I thinks it's great that you come on here and back your product. But, do you really think people were buying that for the ORIGINAL LEAF CUT AUTO? They were buying it to try and get that huge card from another company that you bought and put into your box.

Shep

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
blanning71 said:
Leaf said:
blanning71 said:
Leaf said:
blanning71 said:
[quote="Leaf":3vi8c9sb][quote="shepsspot":3vi8c9sb][quote="Keyser Soze":3vi8c9sb]It's just stupid to defend Topps. They have a monopoly and continually pump out crap product after crap product and you have people like BG who are trying to improve the hobby and that's the response he gets? I don't care for Leaf's past few products but at least he's trying to do something different. All Topps can introduce to the hobby is a 326th different type of refractor. YAY SEPIA!!

Shep

Hope this helps... BG

BG

Man, I haven't had any time for cards. Lost my entire collection in the hurricane. Have been working non stop since helping the community recover. I haven't forgotten you though..[/quote:3vi8c9sb]

I had no idea... so sorry dude.... BG[/quote:3vi8c9sb]

I haven't had much to say about it because it was really the final straw for me that kinda has killed my interest in the hobby. I'm still numb when I see stuff on here and it reminds me of stuff I had. I guess thats the breaks though. Must've pissed off some karma god at some point and I'm paying for it.[/quote:3vi8c9sb]
I think were adding some karma points for later in the life Blan.You did a very good thing and for that good things are bound to come your way.

Members online