Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hosmer to the Hot List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
This $h!t is bananas...B A N A N A S

Just the baseball card stats: .298, 18, 75

His Topps Chrome sales are awesome!

Also, his Razor and USA cards are starting to go up as well.

Edit: Whoops, I know he was mentioned in the Hot List but he deserves his own appearance!

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
hes an early favorite for #1 this week.

I can't figure out how much of his TC prices are because of short print status though.

Tell me about it. I've got a non-hobby buddy that thinks I'm a god due to the Tulo sales stories my wife has told him about.

He wants me to help him put together a "stash" of Hosmer together and between the Razor situation and Topps short printing the TC autos...he's confused and I'm struggling to do right by this guy.

So far he has the following:

Razor Black Auto
Topps Chrome RC

That isn't a stash;). Oh the pressure;)

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I'm telling you what, this kid is legit. He can hit for power, for average, good plate discipline, and a nice looking defensive 1B. I see him as an Adrian Gonzalez type of player, of course reaching AGon's production would be tough. But that kind of player.

Currently 5-5 tonight against the Tigers, with a HR. Batting average up to .300 exactly, with 18 HR and 75 RBI-and he started over a month into the season. I really think this is one of the very best young batters in the game today.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
The one Razor baseball card I kept:
hosmerrazor.jpg

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I just today opened about box #33 or 34 of '11 Chrome and got my first Hosmer redemption! It was a black ref. too..

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
cgilmo said:
the SP has been confirmed by ebay

I understand the perceived Short Print by lack of listings on eBay. It was the same thing that happened with last years Strasburg in Ginter. However, Topps stood firmly that it was just a perception and that they card was not short printed. So, we actually never know how many went into collections versus being sent back on the secondary market.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
If the Royals keep all their guys in the next few years, they are going to be a force in the AL. Pitching is going to be the key though. I'm not sure they have enough time to let their pitching prospects develop without going after a solid pitcher to compliment them for a few seasons.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
bradical said:
cgilmo said:

I understand the perceived Short Print by lack of listings on eBay. It was the same thing that happened with last years Strasburg in Ginter. However, Topps stood firmly that it was just a perception and that they card was not short printed. So, we actually never know how many went into collections versus being sent back on the secondary market.

They can say whatever they want. On ebay the run is less than half.

It's a short print.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
cgilmo said:
bradical said:
cgilmo said:

It's a short print.

Maybe this can be explained by people choosing to redeem them instead. It is, after all, his first Chrome auto.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
hail2thevictors said:
I'm telling you what, this kid is legit. He can hit for power, for average, good plate discipline, and a nice looking defensive 1B. I see him as an Adrian Gonzalez type of player, of course reaching AGon's production would be tough. But that kind of player.

Currently 5-5 tonight against the Tigers, with a HR. Batting average up to .300 exactly, with 18 HR and 75 RBI-and he started over a month into the season. I really think this is one of the very best young batters in the game today.

Don't forget the double digit steals on top of the average and power.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Most of the hitters in the Royals lineup are strong performers - but what's interesting is that they're all performing at about the same level. I'd like to know more about their hitting coach.

.......................... BA OBP SLG OPS
Melky Cabrera ...... .305 .337 .470 .808
Alex Gordon ..........303 .377 .504 .881
Eric Hosmer...........300 .343 .474 .817
Billy Butler.............292 .364 .461 .826
Jeff Francoeur........286 .331 .474 .806

While their hitting is near the top of the league, their pitching is almost last.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Jaypers said:
cgilmo said:
bradical said:
cgilmo said:

It's a short print.

Maybe this can be explained by people choosing to redeem them instead. It is, after all, his first Chrome auto.

that can explain some, but no where near %75

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I remember when getting Hosmer in Razor anything was a bad thing. Alot of people were dumping on him cause of a bad season. Bet they wish they would've held.

~AJ

Members online

Latest posts