Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

is there a website showing players pictured on others cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i pulled a 1992 Donruss card that i thought a fellow player collector could use, that got me to thinking...is there a website that has some sort of a listing of who is pictured on someone else's card?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Brad, fantastic as always!

what made me think of it was going through a box of '92D tonight, there were a TON of Lenny Dykstra cameos.

i think middle infielder card especially are a good place to look

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Brad, fantastic as always!

what made me think of it was going through a box of '92D tonight, there were a TON of Lenny Dykstra cameos.

i think middle infielder card especially are a good place to look

My favorite are catchers - you have the catcher with the ball (or waiting for the ball) while the baserunner is trying to score in an exciting play at the plate.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Best cameo card ever
fisk+91T++IMG_NEW.jpg

I think that's Gibson in the back advising Big Daddy to slide. I always wondered what happened.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I have a few where Vizquel is clearly standing in the background in the on-deck circle, while someone is at bat.

Although it'd be an insane task, it really would be nice if someone started a website logging these. Listed by set, but searchable by player and/or team.

Another resource I'd like to see would be a comprehensive listing of the text on card backs.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
VizquelCollector.com said:
I have a few where Vizquel is clearly standing in the background in the on-deck circle, while someone is at bat.

Although it'd be an insane task, it really would be nice if someone started a website logging these. Listed by set, but searchable by player and/or team.

Another resource I'd like to see would be a comprehensive listing of the text on card backs.

Amen to that. It's not much fun going through the scans on COMC to see if Ryno is mentioned, but I've spent hours doing it.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
smapdi said:
Best cameo card ever
fisk+91T++IMG_NEW.jpg

I think that's Gibson in the back advising Big Daddy to slide. I always wondered what happened.

That's Dave Bergman in the background. In 1990, Kirk Gibson was in his 3rd year with the Dodgers.

I haven't checked all other possibilities, but I think it could be this game: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 5190.shtml. From the uniforms, one can assume that the game was in Chicago. Bergman had to be on-deck when the play in question happened. In the top of the 2nd inning, Gary Ward singled and Fielder scored on the play. Bergman grounded into a double play immediately after.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts