Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~ HOCKEY TALK THREAD 2011-12 SEASON ~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Weimer said:
So I totally forgot the Wild do a ticket promotion for college students. You can get a lower level corner seat for $35 a piece to select games. The tickets are normally like $70-75 a piece. So it's a hell of a deal. They have them available for the October 13th game against Edmonton. So now I'm really tempted...

http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/seating/hockey.jsp

I can get two seats for section 101, row 17. What do you guys think? You can click on the section and it brings up a view from those seats.

Hit that up! You'll have a great time!

Hell, cheapest Canucks tickets I can get are about $150 each, and that's upper level, plus I have to drive 2+ hours to Canada.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Weimer said:
So I totally forgot the Wild do a ticket promotion for college students. You can get a lower level corner seat for $35 a piece to select games. The tickets are normally like $70-75 a piece. So it's a hell of a deal. They have them available for the October 13th game against Edmonton. So now I'm really tempted...

I can get two seats for section 101, row 17. What do you guys think? You can click on the section and it brings up a view from those seats.

BUY THEM NOW!!

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Sly said:
Weimer said:

Hell, cheapest Canucks tickets I can get are about $150 each, and that's upper level, plus I have to drive 2+ hours to Canada.

:eek: You can come to Tampa and see the lightning for like $5-10 for the upper deck.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
matchpenalty said:
I just hope NHL season has some passion and hate this year. Last year we had some, but it is getting so rare. If Shanny keeps giving out all these stupid long suspensions. We are going to get euro ***** hockey at it's finest and a lot more seats will be empty.

Was awesome seeing a team like Boston win the cup. I was hoping would carry over to more teams playing a north american style of passionate tough hockey. Then this preseason it has turned into euro ***** hockey a lot. That won't float in many cities outside of Detroit, Tampa, Montreal.

I realize the NHL is trying to eliminate intentional hits to the head but they need to do a better job in explaining to the referees and players what exactly constitutes a penalty and a Game Misconduct. it definitely looks like they are turning the NHL into Euro hockey but hopefully once everyone is clear what hits will be penalized and what hits are allowed the play will return to the NHL we are used to seeing.

I am glad Shanahan decided that the Ryan Malone hit on Chris Campoli was not suspension worthy but he still received a Game Misconduct

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Sly said:
Weimer said:

I've been to one Wild game two seasons ago (I think, might have been three). We sat in the lower level section on the side of the rink right in front of the goal. We were three rows from the ice. Was the best sporting event I've ever been to and I've been to numerous. I've wanted to go back ever since, but probably won't ever get to sit in seats as good as those again.

It's not surprising Canucks tickets are so expensive though. You guys don't have any other professional sports teams in the major four leagues. That and I'm sure Vancouver is a huge hockey area. So the demand is extremely high plus no competition from other teams. So they know people will gladly pay the prices to see them play.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
pghbuccos said:
Weimer said:

BUY THEM NOW!!

So you're saying I shouldn't buy them? :p :lol:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Weimer said:
pghbuccos said:
Weimer said:

BUY THEM NOW!!

So you're saying I shouldn't buy them? :p :lol:

well only if you want to :mrgreen:

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
wildtickets.jpg

:D

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
That's a great price! $35 won't even get you an upper level seat at Verizon Center :? :oops:

GreenArtifactsPatchStick.jpg

On another note, it's hard to keep up with pre-season stuff when the only games streamed are the last 3 games, but I attended the last 2 Friday night and Sunday night and have 1 thing to say. If Mathieu Perreault doesn't make the Capitals opening night roster, I will be extremely dissapointed. The kid's done nothing but work hard the last few years, earned a few call-ups, but if 3 goals and 2 assists in 4 pre-season games doesn't get his name in the lineup, I don't know what will. There's 1 spot up for grabs and nobody is more deserving in my opinion.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
Terry said:
That's a great price! $35 won't even get you an upper level seat at Verizon Center :? :oops:
Same at the Wells Fargo Center. 2 years ago when I was splitting season tickets with a friend, you could get an upper mez seat for $27. Season before that you could get a 1st row, upper mez seat for $65. Now the cheapest seat in the house is $65 and the once $96 lower level seats are $140. :cry:

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The seats we are sitting in sell for $81 per seat for single game tickets. $46 discount per ticket? Yes please! :D

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
PhillyPuckNut said:
Terry said:
Same at the Wells Fargo Center. 2 years ago when I was splitting season tickets with a friend, you could get an upper mez seat for $27. Season before that you could get a 1st row, upper mez seat for $65. Now the cheapest seat in the house is $65 and the once $96 lower level seats are $140. :cry:

I believe the cheapest face value we have are $52, that was the price on both tickets I had this weekend (granted I paid $60 in total for 2 tickets to each game via stubhub). In all honesty, I don't even know how to find out what our prices are. Ticketmaster has no tickets available to most games, and I can't find anything on the Capitals website that has single prices on it. What I can tell you is, we have the most ridiculous ticketing system ever. Not only do we have about 20 different levels of ticket prices (yep, you'd pay more to be on the attack twice side then the defend twice side), but also 4 levels prices depending on what team we play. You're most likely paying 2x as much to sit in the 200 level, 3x as much to sit high-lower bowl, 3.5x as much to sit mid-level lower bowl, 5x as much to sit VIP Row B and 6x as much for VIP Row A. (I believe I did see a ticket last season with a hefty $290.00 mark on it for Row A).

I remember when you could walk up to the box office 30 minutes before a game and get upper level tix for $10, and the most expensive ones MIGHT have run you $100 or so.

Why can't it be like baseball (Orioles)? Prices range from $8 (upper level outfield) to $54 (front row in the infield), with a slight increase for the Yankees, Red Sox, and Nationals (same price for all)

Sorry, kinda went on a rant there, but just to alert anyone who might be interesting in taking a trip to Verizon Center.... just use stubhub.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Terry said:
PhillyPuckNut said:
Terry said:

I believe the cheapest face value we have are $52, that was the price on both tickets I had this weekend (granted I paid $60 in total for 2 tickets to each game via stubhub). In all honesty, I don't even know how to find out what our prices are. Ticketmaster has no tickets available to most games, and I can't find anything on the Capitals website that has single prices on it. What I can tell you is, we have the most ridiculous ticketing system ever. Not only do we have about 20 different levels of ticket prices (yep, you'd pay more to be on the attack twice side then the defend twice side), but also 4 levels prices depending on what team we play. You're most likely paying 2x as much to sit in the 200 level, 3x as much to sit high-lower bowl, 3.5x as much to sit mid-level lower bowl, 5x as much to sit VIP Row B and 6x as much for VIP Row A. (I believe I did see a ticket last season with a hefty $290.00 mark on it for Row A).

I remember when you could walk up to the box office 30 minutes before a game and get upper level tix for $10, and the most expensive ones MIGHT have run you $100 or so.

Why can't it be like baseball (Orioles)? Prices range from $8 (upper level outfield) to $54 (front row in the infield), with a slight increase for the Yankees, Red Sox, and Nationals (same price for all)

Sorry, kinda went on a rant there, but just to alert anyone who might be interesting in taking a trip to Verizon Center.... just use stubhub.
I don't go with the box office because I don't want to run the risk of showing up and the game is sold out. I usually buy from ebay or stubhub, but the 10/15 game is part of a group night and it's an all you can eat (hot dogs, nachos, ice cream, and soda) seat for $65. Have to wait until payday and see what seats are still available for Wednesday. was looking at a second row seat for $150 if I remember correctly. Have to check again.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Wow, great deal on the tickets. I'd love to get that close for that price.

Different sport, but a few years ago me and some friends went to the Milwaukee Bucks vs. Portland Trail Blazers game in Milwaukee; the Bucks ran some special where select games were like 80% off tickets...we sat in the 2nd row courtside for like $75 a ticket. Yeah it was Bucks - Blazers, but it was a great time.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
pghbuccos said:
the Rangers will place Sean Avery on waivers today. if he clears waivers the Rangers can send him to the AHL or he could choose to play in Europe or any other league.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377365
I'd like to believe that he will clear waivers. But, I'm sure, even with his baggage, someone will grab him.

Flyers waived Blair Betts, Oskars Bartulis, and Matt Walker. They also "loaned" Gustafsson, Zolnierczyk, and Schenn to the Phantoms. :(

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
PhillyPuckNut said:
pghbuccos said:
the Rangers will place Sean Avery on waivers today. if he clears waivers the Rangers can send him to the AHL or he could choose to play in Europe or any other league.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377365
I'd like to believe that he will clear waivers. But, I'm sure, even with his baggage, someone will grab him.

Flyers waived Blair Betts, Oskars Bartulis, and Matt Walker. They also "loaned" Gustafsson, Zolnierczyk, and Schenn to the Phantoms. :(

according to Darren Dreger Schenn will play one game in the AHL...

Darren Dreger said:
Brayden Schenn's contract is interesting. He could earn a "B" bonus of $1.265 this season if he played 25 mins or more in all 82 games.

Same "B" bonus for Schenn next year, but it's a $1.405 pay out for all 82. For those reasons Schenn will play 1 game in AHL to start.

by playing just 1 game in the AHL, Schenn's cap hit drops from over $3 mil to $1.75. He still earns $900,000 in salary and $850,000 in bonus.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
See, this is the problem I have with the Flyers front office. Why give him a contract with that bonus in it if all you're going to do is screw him out of it by having him play a game with the Phantoms?

I highly doubt he would have played 25 minutes a game anyway.

Just another ::facepalm::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online