Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manny Ramirez wants to play again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'd throw him a league minimum salery, see what he can do. If it pans out, then see if expanding the contract for more time and money is a viable option.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
He should have not officially retired.

He would have a 0 game suspension for next season.

Since he is banned from playing in the Dominican League because of their ties with the MLB, those games should count towards the 100 game suspension.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
what an idiot to not just start serving the suspension when he got it.

Oh right, it's Manny being Manny even in retirement.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Mudcatsfan said:

In all seriousness, I don't see why they wouldn't simply chalk-up the games he missed as "time served". I mean, why not. He didn't play, which had the exact same affect as a suspension. It would be very petty of them not to use his games missed towards his suspension. And this is coming from a Manny "hater".

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Mudcatsfan said:

In all seriousness, I don't see why they wouldn't simply chalk-up the games he missed as "time served". I mean, why not. He didn't play, which had the exact same affect as a suspension. It would be very petty of them not to use his games missed towards his suspension. And this is coming from a Manny "hater".

Perhaps there was more to it than Manny just 'not playing'. Like perhaps there were roster consideration for the Rays, or perhaps there were financial benefits to what he did,

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
sportscardtheory said:
Mudcatsfan said:

I don't care for manny, never have, but I don't think it would be at all petty for them to make him serve the 100 game suspension. He broke the rules, je needs to be punished for it. A big reason why the suspensions are as harsh as they are is to set an example for younger baseball players....Not much of a lesson to teach them if Manny can bitch out of a season on his own will, then just decide he wants to play again and everything is all honky dory.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
So long as Manny serves his actual suspension, I say let him play. That is if any team will sign him.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Sjrmn91 said:
sportscardtheory said:
Mudcatsfan said:

I don't care for manny, never have, but I don't think it would be at all petty for them to make him serve the 100 game suspension. He broke the rules, je needs to be punished for it. A big reason why the suspensions are as harsh as they are is to set an example for younger baseball players....Not much of a lesson to teach them if Manny can bitch out of a season on his own will, then just decide he wants to play again and everything is all honky dory.

I just don't see a difference in him missing over 100 games on his own accord as compared to being suspended for 100 games. It's in essence the exact same outcome.

Members online

Latest posts