Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's your manager of the year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Roenicke? I have no real idea and he might get too much credit for the pitching staff that Melvin gave him, but he just accomplished something big tonight and he's CLEARLY a difference from Ken F'N Macha (that's his real middle name, in case you didn't know).

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
I'm going to go with Gibson also. Roenicke was handed a team that, on paper, had a really good shot at the playoffs to start with. Gibson was given the Diamondbacks. He's a fun guy to watch manage too. Roenicke disturbs me.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Kevbo said:
I'm going to go with Gibson also. Roenicke was handed a team that, on paper, had a really good shot at the playoffs to start with. Gibson was given the Diamondbacks. He's a fun guy to watch manage too. Roenicke disturbs me.

Yeah, I'd be happy with Gibson too. He's such a great guy anyway. That's was kinda my point I guess, that RR would have been in trouble if this team DIDN'T succeed.

Gibson it is!

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
hive17 said:
Roenicke? I have no real idea and he might get too much credit for the pitching staff that Melvin gave him, but he just accomplished something big tonight and he's CLEARLY a difference from Ken F'N Macha (that's his real middle name, in case you didn't know).

Lets be fair to Macha. Give him some pitching also.

Gibson is my choice also.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Gibson son. They had the team for a couple years now, but it took Gibson to pull it together. It'll be good for baseball if they keep on one upping themselves over the next few years

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Hands down not even a question.... Kirk Gibson.

I watched the diamondbacks last year and they were a joke. They played dumb and heartless baseball last year. If they got behind they quit. There was no fight at all.
This year they played a gutty, tough, smart brand of baseball. Kirk Gibson and his old school coaching staff was the difference.
I think every baseball writer and blogger had the dbacks picked to finish last. I still don't know how they did it. I know I'm drinking the cool-aid but I think this team is only gonna get better in the future.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
bongo870 said:
Charlie Manuel

I think it's going to be Gibson, but one of these years they are going to need to give Charlie a lifetime achievement award.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Gibson for sure

honorable mention to Don Mattingly for managing the dreck in his lineup to a possible .500+ season. I'm only half kidding.

Members online

Latest posts