Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

topps marquee ty cobb 4/5 patch on ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
homerun28aa said:
TomMurry said:
homerun28aa said:
I know of some errors they've made, certainly. But a whirlwind of errors, that's stretching it, and machines obviously create most of the cards but it is still up to the actual people working at Topps to identify which auto stickers go on which cards and which game used pieces go in which cards, and obviously there is going to be human error. But the error you're talking about might be 1-2% of their total production, although I'm pretty sure it's under 1%, a lot of people on here are acting like 25% of the cards aren't genuine.
If you think its stretching it, you really dont open much wax or see much opened. If you did, you would know that the % of topps errors released into product, especially that of higher end product, is increasing every year. If you believe that all of Topps GU/Relic cards are genuine, youre fooling yourself.
Although I haven't opened all that much wax myself I've certainly seen enough opened. There are hundreds of cards open successfully where topps delivers the products correctly, and then you get one production error and everyones like oh there goes topps again. There are no huge corporations that are error proof. If you want to stop buying their products do so, but that isn't what people do they buy more and then say oh there goes topps again when the card isn't even related to them
I see that career with topps is working out well...

carsncards

Sep 28, 2011
i am the original seller of the card
i pulled the card from east coast connection in lyndhurst nj.

i see that some of you dont agree with me being mad at topps. however, i am going to explain why i am

topps had the card pulled from ebay and said that the card was fraud. so i called up topps and said how is this fraud? this is how the card came out of the pack. so they said let us look this over and we will get back to you. no later then 2 minutes after that, i got a phone call from mark saphir from topps. he is one of the highest people at topps.

mark told me how sorry he was that they made this mistake and how he wanted to correct it. the fact of the matter is, i was no longer allowed to sell on ebay. they had suspended me for fraud because i am a new seller. he squared that away with ebay saying it was there fault and not mine and they fixed my account. the reason that i am mad is because he will not go public via facebook or twitter and say that they are sorry to me and admit that they made a mistake for the following reasons. plus i was also mad because he said the card is only worth $50.00

-1. it would make them look even worse then they already do. its bad enough that half of the high end cards from topps are back doored and sold private. and here you have a high end card that they put in the wrong pieces.

-2. mlb would be furious with them for making yet another mistake with a high end dead hall of fame baseball player. (babe ruth 3 diff times, gehrig 11 times that we know of, jeter 4 times(even though he isnt dead) dimaggio ect ect ect)

-3. they said it would make them look bad as a company that makes baseball cards, but ok, what about the fact that i look bad to countless people on ebay, and ebay as a company? they said thats not there problem. however it is. they called ebay and had the card ended. thats there fault. knowing they made a mistake, but didnt tell that to ebay, THEY TOLD THEM IT WAS FRAUD THEN SAID OH, WERE SORRY

bottom line is, topps knew i was pissed, and mark knew that as well when i hung up on him when he offered me a few various boxes that he said he had sitting in his office(all crap)
so he then called me back and said look, i dont want this to go public. so i will send you a bunch of tripple threads cases. and there we are. we squared it up and i got what i got. granted, i only got one case, but im happy and so are they.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
carsncards said:
if the card was a quad patch and not bats, it would be worth around 6-800 all day.. not bats though

If that card had a quad patch from Cobb, it'd be worth $1200 all day long. Cobb doesn't have a single multi color patch to my knowledge. Thorpe's baseball patches that are rare have gone for around $1200, someone who collects HOF patches I'm sure would have no problem going that high for the first multi color Cobb patch.

carsncards

Sep 28, 2011
topps is known for making mistakes better then they are known for putting hits in products..

how come ALL of the pujols autos were pulled out of linage?
how come there were over 100 strasburg 2010 bowman autos for sale in the room at white plains the day the product came out last year.
how come 4 of the 5 red refractor strasburgs were in the room as well
how come there are numbers upon numbers of dealers with photoshoot sets (real ones) at the nationals when it comes out each year
how come adealer at the jersey autograph show had 45 sandy koufax tribute autos
how come a seller on ebay had 19 1/1 topps usa silver autos the day it came out
how was the obama/jackie robinson fake cut on ebay 2 weeks before the product came out. i can go on and on

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
homerun28aa said:
carsncards said:
if the card was a quad patch and not bats, it would be worth around 6-800 all day.. not bats though

If that card had a quad patch from Cobb, it'd be worth $1200 all day long. Cobb doesn't have a single multi color patch to my knowledge. Thorpe's baseball patches that are rare have gone for around $1200, someone who collects HOF patches I'm sure would have no problem going that high for the first multi color Cobb patch.

You might want to do some research, DLP included several nice Cobb Patches.....all of which are 1/1 or 1/5s.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
George_Calfas said:
homerun28aa said:
carsncards said:

You might want to do some research, DLP included several nice Cobb Patches.....all of which are 1/1 or 1/5s.

I've seen a 1/1 Ty Cobb patch from the Leaf Limited series, but it looked like a huge seam to me it wasn't multicolored. Do you have any pictures or anything of those cards?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
carsncards said:
topps is known for making mistakes better then they are known for putting hits in products..

how come ALL of the pujols autos were pulled out of linage?
how come there were over 100 strasburg 2010 bowman autos for sale in the room at white plains the day the product came out last year.
how come 4 of the 5 red refractor strasburgs were in the room as well
how come there are numbers upon numbers of dealers with photoshoot sets (real ones) at the nationals when it comes out each year
how come adealer at the jersey autograph show had 45 sandy koufax tribute autos
how come a seller on ebay had 19 1/1 topps usa silver autos the day it came out
how was the obama/jackie robinson fake cut on ebay 2 weeks before the product came out. i can go on and on

Ok, so why did you buy a box again?

Members online

Latest posts