Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Moore's Auto Added to 2011 Bowman Chrome!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
@toppscards Rookie phenom Matt Moore will be on card autograph in Bowman Chrome.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As Marv Albert would say - "Yuhhhhsssss!"

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
thefasterblade said:
Anyone holding EEE needs to sell now.

Anyone buying EEE, needs to rethink life.

I wouldn't quite concur with this, assuming you bought in at a low price. You can still profit on them, just not as much.

Btw, I gotta figure this will be a redemption. Just tweeted Topps asking for a pic in case it isn't, but I doubt they'll reply.

gr5

Apr 30, 2011
cgilmo said:
thefasterblade said:

Yeah, you just go on thinking that.

Why shouldn't he think that? It's a known thing, when someone has a elite auto and a chrome auto comes out the elite auto drops. It's not brain science it's the facts LOL.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
gr5 said:
cgilmo said:
thefasterblade said:

Why shouldn't he think that? It's a known thing, when someone has a elite auto and a chrome auto comes out the elite auto drops. It's not brain science it's the facts LOL.

Actually, if you're looking at buy-in, you're almost always better with Elites. if you are selling high, thats one thing but if your idea is chrome immediately kills elites, well, thats just crazy talk.

Selling Elites because a chrome is coming out isnt always a great idea.

gr5

Apr 30, 2011
phillyfan0417 said:
gr5 said:
cgilmo said:
thefasterblade said:

Actually, if you're looking at buy-in, you're almost always better with Elites. if you are selling high, thats one thing but if your idea is chrome immediately kills elites, well, thats just crazy talk.

Idk man, look at turner. His elites during the year were really getting hot. I feel like once they annoced his chrome autos coming out, the elites drop. It's a known thing that chrome is in much more of a demand then elite. Half the people buying Moore elites are buying them because there is no chrome auto. Now that there is a chrome auto. Expect the elites to drop. UNLESS has another monster start in the playoffs before chrome comes out, then I could see making money off the elites. Other wise I'd say get out of the elites while he's hot right now and before more people see a chrome auto is coming.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Only way I see the EEE holding optimum value is if the Rays go deep into the playoffs (WS) and Moore is the man leading them there. If that's the case, BA might feel obligated to give him the #1 overall prospect tag. At which, all his cards will demand a ton of money. Even if this was to happen, Chrome would still be in more demand and those parallel's would outsell EEEs.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
gr5 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
gr5 said:
cgilmo said:
thefasterblade said:

Idk man, look at turner. His elites during the year were really getting hot. I feel like once they annoced his chrome autos coming out, the elites drop. It's a known thing that chrome is in much more of a demand then elite. Half the people buying Moore elites are buying them because there is no chrome auto. Now that there is a chrome auto. Expect the elites to drop. UNLESS has another monster start in the playoffs before chrome comes out, then I could see making money off the elites. Other wise I'd say get out of the elites while he's hot right now and before more people see a chrome auto is coming.

Sorry, your perspective on this is a little off. Chrome can sell higher and thats correct but if you're looking at the percentage of profit, elite is generally right there.

I buy in at 20 and sell for 40 is better than 60 and selling for 100. Dollar amounts arent how you calculate profit, its percentage. Moore has a 2010 elite and a 2011 chrome, a year difference tends to buck the trend.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
aaron41984 said:
Still no Hosmer Bowman Chrome Auto?

I believe Topps put out a press release a few months ago, where they stated which future products his autos would be included in, and BC was to be one of them.

Wes

OG
Administrator
If you're a believer in Elites, sell in the week or two before BC then rebuy in the month after.

The Ackley example doesn't reflect the brand of elite but rather the autograph availability of a player. The supply of Dustin Ackley autos went way up when his BC auto came out and it tanked the price of his EEE autos.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
jdsingar said:
I think a relevant consideration here would be whether it is a "1st" card or an RC.

He just made his debut a week ago, and Chrome is coming out this month. Also, his 1st card was in 2009. But it will be a prospect auto for sure.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Honestly, could you ask for a better time EVER to sell Moore than last week? If you haven't sold now, IDK what you're waiting for. Whether Chrome effects the price or not seems rather moot, since it would take something highly unlikely going forward (WS MVP, no-no the Yanks) to eclipse his Friday performance and hype and prices.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
phillyfan0417 said:
gr5 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
gr5 said:
cgilmo said:
[quote="thefasterblade":26z38v7q]Anyone holding EEE needs to sell now.

Sorry, your perspective on this is a little off. Chrome can sell higher and thats correct but if you're looking at the percentage of profit, elite is generally right there.

I buy in at 20 and sell for 40 is better than 60 and selling for 100. Dollar amounts arent how you calculate profit, its percentage. Moore has a 2010 elite and a 2011 chrome, a year difference tends to buck the trend.[/quote:26z38v7q]

Your logic is flawed. Making 40 dollars on 1 transaction is clearly better than making 20 dollars on 1 transaction. Unless you can show that you would have invested the 20 dollar difference in the buy in price then clearly making more total dollars is better.

I have sat in many strategic planning meetings and when they discuss profits and pricing at the end of the day all they care about is how much real money they earned, not a percentage.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
morgoth said:
phillyfan0417 said:
gr5 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
gr5 said:
[quote="cgilmo":251kx1fa][quote="thefasterblade":251kx1fa]Anyone holding EEE needs to sell now.

I buy in at 20 and sell for 40 is better than 60 and selling for 100. Dollar amounts arent how you calculate profit, its percentage. Moore has a 2010 elite and a 2011 chrome, a year difference tends to buck the trend.[/quote:251kx1fa]

Your logic is flawed. Making 40 dollars on 1 transaction is clearly better than making 20 dollars on 1 transaction. Unless you can show that you would have invested the 20 dollar difference in the buy in price then clearly making more total dollars is better.

I have sat in many strategic planning meetings and when they discuss profits and pricing at the end of the day all they care about is how much real money they earned, not a percentage.[/quote:251kx1fa]

so you're saying a 100% profit is not better than a 66.7% profit?

So if my buy-in on a moore elite is 20 and i buy 3 and sell for 40 each and a moore chrome auto is purchased for 60 and sold for 100, you would tell me that the chrome was the better purchase?

100% profit seems a little better than 66.7%, no?