Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Moore's Auto Added to 2011 Bowman Chrome!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
CollectorsCorner said:
Will this be a prospect auto or a rc auto?

This hasn't been revealed as of yet. If Topps could provide us with a pic we would know, but as I speculated earlier, I believe this will be a redemption.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
phillyfan0417 said:
morgoth said:
phillyfan0417 said:
gr5 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="gr5":2o4lzjav][quote="cgilmo":2o4lzjav][quote="thefasterblade":2o4lzjav]Anyone holding EEE needs to sell now.

Anyone buying EEE, needs to rethink life.

Yeah, you just go on thinking that.

Why shouldn't he think that? It's a known thing, when someone has a elite auto and a chrome auto comes out the elite auto drops. It's not brain science it's the facts LOL.

Actually, if you're looking at buy-in, you're almost always better with Elites. if you are selling high, thats one thing but if your idea is chrome immediately kills elites, well, thats just crazy talk.

Selling Elites because a chrome is coming out isnt always a great idea.

Idk man, look at turner. His elites during the year were really getting hot. I feel like once they annoced his chrome autos coming out, the elites drop. It's a known thing that chrome is in much more of a demand then elite. Half the people buying Moore elites are buying them because there is no chrome auto. Now that there is a chrome auto. Expect the elites to drop. UNLESS has another monster start in the playoffs before chrome comes out, then I could see making money off the elites. Other wise I'd say get out of the elites while he's hot right now and before more people see a chrome auto is coming.

Sorry, your perspective on this is a little off. Chrome can sell higher and thats correct but if you're looking at the percentage of profit, elite is generally right there.

I buy in at 20 and sell for 40 is better than 60 and selling for 100. Dollar amounts arent how you calculate profit, its percentage. Moore has a 2010 elite and a 2011 chrome, a year difference tends to buck the trend.[/quote:2o4lzjav]

Your logic is flawed. Making 40 dollars on 1 transaction is clearly better than making 20 dollars on 1 transaction. Unless you can show that you would have invested the 20 dollar difference in the buy in price then clearly making more total dollars is better.

I have sat in many strategic planning meetings and when they discuss profits and pricing at the end of the day all they care about is how much real money they earned, not a percentage.[/quote:2o4lzjav]

so you're saying a 100% profit is not better than a 66.7% profit?

So if my buy-in on a moore elite is 20 and i buy 3 and sell for 40 each and a moore chrome auto is purchased for 60 and sold for 100, you would tell me that the chrome was the better purchase?

100% profit seems a little better than 66.7%, no?[/quote:2o4lzjav]

Tim, in fairness, this post is the first time you mention quantities. I nearly posted the same thing that Morgoth did. Markup Percentage and Profit Dollars both matter. In your case, you assumed that we were naturally going to buy more of the Elite than you would the Chrome. In that case, yes, you are right, buying 3 Elites for $20 and flipping for $40 ($60 profit and 100% markup) is better than buying 1 chrome for $60 and selling for $100 ($40 profit and 66.7% markup). If it was a pure 1 card purchase, obviously the 1 card would be the Chrome. I can see why you would assume that everyone would be on the same page that you're starting with $60 and you'd spend it in full on as many cards as you could get, but you didn't state it.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
BowmanChromeAddict said:
phillyfan0417 said:
morgoth said:
phillyfan0417 said:
gr5 said:
[quote="phillyfan0417":20qqi2fn][quote="gr5":20qqi2fn][quote="cgilmo":20qqi2fn][quote="thefasterblade":20qqi2fn]Anyone holding EEE needs to sell now.

Why shouldn't he think that? It's a known thing, when someone has a elite auto and a chrome auto comes out the elite auto drops. It's not brain science it's the facts LOL.

Actually, if you're looking at buy-in, you're almost always better with Elites. if you are selling high, thats one thing but if your idea is chrome immediately kills elites, well, thats just crazy talk.

Selling Elites because a chrome is coming out isnt always a great idea.

Idk man, look at turner. His elites during the year were really getting hot. I feel like once they annoced his chrome autos coming out, the elites drop. It's a known thing that chrome is in much more of a demand then elite. Half the people buying Moore elites are buying them because there is no chrome auto. Now that there is a chrome auto. Expect the elites to drop. UNLESS has another monster start in the playoffs before chrome comes out, then I could see making money off the elites. Other wise I'd say get out of the elites while he's hot right now and before more people see a chrome auto is coming.

Sorry, your perspective on this is a little off. Chrome can sell higher and thats correct but if you're looking at the percentage of profit, elite is generally right there.

I buy in at 20 and sell for 40 is better than 60 and selling for 100. Dollar amounts arent how you calculate profit, its percentage. Moore has a 2010 elite and a 2011 chrome, a year difference tends to buck the trend.[/quote:20qqi2fn]

Your logic is flawed. Making 40 dollars on 1 transaction is clearly better than making 20 dollars on 1 transaction. Unless you can show that you would have invested the 20 dollar difference in the buy in price then clearly making more total dollars is better.

I have sat in many strategic planning meetings and when they discuss profits and pricing at the end of the day all they care about is how much real money they earned, not a percentage.[/quote:20qqi2fn]

so you're saying a 100% profit is not better than a 66.7% profit?

So if my buy-in on a moore elite is 20 and i buy 3 and sell for 40 each and a moore chrome auto is purchased for 60 and sold for 100, you would tell me that the chrome was the better purchase?

100% profit seems a little better than 66.7%, no?[/quote:20qqi2fn]

Tim, in fairness, this post is the first time you mention quantities. I nearly posted the same thing that Morgoth did. Markup Percentage and Profit Dollars both matter. In your case, you assumed that we were naturally going to buy more of the Elite than you would the Chrome. In that case, yes, you are right, buying 3 Elites for $20 and flipping for $40 ($60 profit and 100% markup) is better than buying 1 chrome for $60 and selling for $100 ($40 profit and 66.7% markup). If it was a pure 1 card purchase, obviously the 1 card would be the Chrome. I can see why you would assume that everyone would be on the same page that you're starting with $60 and you'd spend it in full on as many cards as you could get, but you didn't state it.[/quote:20qqi2fn]

Ok, that makes sense, i didnt think about that!

Sorry for the confusion.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
cgilmo said:
thefasterblade said:
Anyone holding EEE needs to sell now.

Yep, this is one of my favorite myths.

I disagree with this completely. While it may be true that when both cards are out the Elite's often offer a better ROI, it is unquestionable that an Elite RC Auto with no Bowman Chrome Auto option is far more attractive than an Elite Auto when there is a Bowman Chrome alternative and I would not be shocked if the release cuts the potential of the Elite cards by close to 50% all other factors held steady.

Based on this, I would definitely agree strongly with selling now (honestly with the way he has pitched and the way prices have jumped I would have sold awhile back.) If someone wants to track prices I'd be very curious, but this seems like one of the more straightforward aspects of the investing game to me. Of course if prices drop enough the Elite will be where to go (though the amount of quantity you would need to buy and sell may cut into the actual net profits at the end) but right now I'd stay far away...

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
Back to Homser! I read an article a month ago that said he was going to be added to each of the upcoming Topps/Bowman products. So based on this you would think he would be in Bowman Chrome, however there hasn't been anything set in stone and no mention in the early checklist. It doesn't even show a TBD, so it makes me wonder. I would think they would have to at least put a base RC of him in the set, or they might just wait until Bowman Draft. I got 1 case of BC coming that I got for $650, and if there are auto's of both Hosmer and Moore to go along with an already good list of prospects, this product good increase a decent amount. I am not talking about 2010 Bowman, but may get around $1,000 a case.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
phillyfan0417 said:
cgilmo said:
thefasterblade said:

I disagree with this completely. While it may be true that when both cards are out the Elite's often offer a better ROI, it is unquestionable that an Elite RC Auto with no Bowman Chrome Auto option is far more attractive than an Elite Auto when there is a Bowman Chrome alternative and I would not be shocked if the release cuts the potential of the Elite cards by close to 50% all other factors held steady.

Based on this, I would definitely agree strongly with selling now (honestly with the way he has pitched and the way prices have jumped I would have sold awhile back.) If someone wants to track prices I'd be very curious, but this seems like one of the more straightforward aspects of the investing game to me. Of course if prices drop enough the Elite will be where to go (though the amount of quantity you would need to buy and sell may cut into the actual net profits at the end) but right now I'd stay far away...

Sorry, many of us on the board have done this for years and if you get the right buy-in on elite, you can do quite well. If the player gets hot or continues to be hot, those with a low buy in clean up as well.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Speaking of the difference between EEE and Chrome values, Jaypers do you know if Nick Castellanos will make into Chrome?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
AK11 said:
Speaking of the difference between EEE and Chrome values, Jaypers do you know if Nick Castellanos will make into Chrome?

He's on the preliminary CL as a base prospect. He's also in the Bowman's Best insert set.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
AK11 said:

He's on the preliminary CL as a base prospect. He's also in the Bowman's Best insert set.

He's a pretty good example of where EEE may very well hold its value because of the time between it and his first chrome auto.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
Topnotchsy said:
phillyfan0417 said:
cgilmo said:
thefasterblade said:

Sorry, many of us on the board have done this for years and if you get the right buy-in on elite, you can do quite well. If the player gets hot or continues to be hot, those with a low buy in clean up as well.

I agree 100% that if you buy low on Elite, you can make a ton of money. What I am saying is that there is a definite market adjustment when a Chrome Auto is released, and that shifts the market potential significantly. This does not mean that the card cannot be profitable (nor does it mean the Chrome is a good investment on release.) What it does mean is that there is a significant factor going against you to anyone trying to make money who bought the cards before the Chrome came out, and hope to sell after they are released. To be clear, this is specifically referring to the time period from before a player has a Chrome Auto released, to the time afterwards. Once the market absorbs that information, it is very possible that the Elite's once again become a worthy investment, though likely at a lower price point.

If someone wants to track the numbers, I'd be very curious to see, because everything I have ever seen seems to back this position, though I cannot say that I ever took a scientific approach to it.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Not to sidetrack this thead, but those that sold Matt Moore this weekend.- Did everyone get paid? I am waiting for payment on a lot of base cards.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Exposfan said:
Not to sidetrack this thead, but those that sold Matt Moore this weekend.- Did everyone get paid? I am waiting for payment on a lot of base cards.

Got paid for mine :D

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Exposfan said:

I got paid on my base and Blue; already shipped them out. I actually can't remember smoother transactions.

Members online

Latest posts