Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS 9.5/9 or PSA 10?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Say for example you had a choice of either of the above grades for a bowman chrome gold refractor autograph. 9.5/10 would obviously be the best, but if you could only purchase a 9.5/9 or psa 10 for the same price, which would you buy? Let's assume the card was graded by psa because the autograph may not get a 10 grade for a crossover to bgs.

Which is a better investment for resale in the future?

Which would be in more demand from other collectors?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
if you could get the BGS slabed with the auto grade on the back, then that would be ideal in this situation.

if the card in question is a RC of someone that will win a major award (MVP/CY, etc) then i would go with PSA due to the power of their Registry

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
For my PC, I'd take the BGS 9 or 9.5 over a PSA 10. I like the BGS slabs for both appearance and protection (I don't like the lack of an inner sleeve in the PSA slabs). Plus I prefer the BGS grading criteria because I think it's more strict. I have a couple of PSA 10's that even to the naked eye aren't gem mint. One is a 1990 Topps Traded Olerud RC that has fuzziness along the edges and a blue printing line across it, two things that I think would lower it's grade to less than 9 if I were to submit it to BGS.

Just my humble opinion. I'm not a prospector or investor, so future resale value isn't a consideration for me. I just like the grade to match what the card looks like to me, and the slab to protect the card well.

Members online

Latest posts