Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Hockey Pickup Thread - October 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
poppudaimadochi said:
pghbuccos said:
KGrHqMOKkME5YHo1oZDBOh32ZwoE60_12.jpg

Oh man, I'm so sorry, I thnk I'm the one who drove the price up late on that one... :oops:

Thought you picked it up before, sorry again...

it's ok Frenchie I still got it cheaper than other copies sold for.

I waited for the prices to come down before I started going after The Cup this year. I am still waiting for the Dominion prices to come down :?

cfind

Jun 10, 2010
I had these 2 arrive this afternoon:

Dominion Oliver Ekman-Larsson RPA 1/1
IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

Special thanks to Malks9(Trevor) for this one!
IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
I usually wait for them to arrive, but I'm going to just post the ebay scan for now since it may be a couple weeks before it comes in from Canada.

Nice to cross off the #1 card on the want list.
$(KGrHqEOKpoE5,GIuugEBO,t(sgfVg~~60_1.JPG

Nice pick up. It's still one of the 9 cards I need for my 09-10 UD Master Bruins set.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Sly said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
I usually wait for them to arrive, but I'm going to just post the ebay scan for now since it may be a couple weeks before it comes in from Canada.

Nice pick up. It's still one of the 9 cards I need for my 09-10 UD Master Bruins set.

Thanks. I think I over payed, but I wasn't getting anywhere with the seller who has the other one on ebay.

Are all the ones you're missing the High Gloss parallels?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
Sly said:
Tomlinson21RB said:

Thanks. I think I over payed, but I wasn't getting anywhere with the seller who has the other one on ebay.

Are all the ones you're missing the High Gloss parallels?

I'm missing:

Bobby Orr Clearly Canadians - I just missed out on the last one
Neely/Yzerman Draft Class - This is #/10 and I think I've only seen two or three and they usually go for $90+
Don Cherry Sig Sensations - I've seen this twice and just missed on the last one
Drew Larman Sig Sensations - Just haven't felt like picking this up since he's pictured as a Panther.
Bobby Orr UD Signatures - I've seen a few but haven't felt like dropping $100+ on a Orr Sticker auto
Recchi HG - Never seen one
Bergeron HG - Seen one and forgot to bid and it only went for about $20! UGH!
Marchand HG - Hadn't really seen any until he blew up in the playoffs and that didn't help prices.

Here's a link to the progress: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=79628

But considering out of 90 total cards I'm tracking for the 09-10 UD Bruins Master set, I'm pretty pleased with 90%. Maybe one day I'll finish it, but who knows. I may be moving on to do the 11-12 UD Bruins Master set, which will be a little nice without any YG's in series 1 and I can't imagine any in Series 2 as they really don't have any rookies ready to go.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
cfind said:
pghbuccos said:

Nice Kehoe Auto, Luxury Suite had some great looking subsets. Very classy Wheldon tribute too, thanks for sharing it!

thanks Luxury Suite was a great looking set.

I'm not a huge IRL fan but when I did watch I always rooted for Wheldon. he seemed like such a nice guy and it's a shame he died in such a horrific way.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Special mailday because every since the release of Crown Royale earlier this year, I have been wanting a Coat of Arms patch card. I patiently waited for the right one that I wanted and here it arrived today:

skinnerCrownRoyaleCoatofArmsPatch.jpg

I love the design of these cards and it has to be one of the best memorabilia sets of 10/11. They are all patch cards with no parallel versions and some are short printed to much less than 25. I am super happy to finally have one and a Skinner no doubt. Thanks.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
pghbuccos said:
matchpenalty said:
Love those Luxury Suite autos. Kehoe seems like cool guy. You see this guys Pens gamers collection Bucco. He bought some of Kehoe jerseys direct from him. Even a yellow one. One of the better Pens collections on the planet
http://steelcitygamers.weebly.com/70s-80s-mesh.html

thanks for the link. I had not seen that website before. he has one hell of a collection.

Yeah, I love all styles he has. From older stuff to current guys. Love that Engellend he has and all fight use on it.

Members online

Latest posts