Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Theo Epstein On Cusp Of Deal With the Cubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Epstein 'On Cusp' Of Deal With Cubs
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [October 11, 2011 at 5:44pm CST]
Boston GM Theo Epstein is "on the cusp" of leaving the Red Sox for a job with the Cubs, according to Steve Buckley of the Boston Herald. Red Sox ownership still hopes to retain Epstein and if he is to leave, Boston will demand "something real" as compensation.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Between the clubhouse insubordination, the stories of horrible conditioning, Tito taking the fall, and now Epstein seemingly bolting, October's proving worse than September in Boston.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wes said:
Merged. Castro for Epstein seems fair.

I mentioned this possibility to my folks, who are die-hard fans. Or were, if it turns out to be him.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
oiccup41 said:
I hope compensation is forcing him to take Lackey with him. ::facepalm::

Add a prospect coming over or something that could potentially help the Sox on top of that that and I can deal with Theo leaving.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
vwnut13 said:
Wes said:
Jaypers said:
Wes said:

I mentioned this possibility to my folks, who are die-hard fans. Or were, if it turns out to be him.

If I was a Cub fan and that's what it took I'd happily do it. Castro is a great up and coming player, but he's just one player.

:lol:

He lead in the National League in hits at age 21. Hell no, never in a million years.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
vwnut13 said:
Wes said:
Jaypers said:
Wes said:

If I was a Cub fan and that's what it took I'd happily do it. Castro is a great up and coming player, but he's just one player.

Laugh all you want but last two seasons with Castro:
*71-91
*75-87

Two seasons prior without Castro:
*83-78
*97-64

As great as Castro is he is just one player....but you are not going to win a lot of games if the rest of the team is sub par/average...I think Theo could definitely get this franchise turned around.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
I doubt the Red Sox brass cared if Theo was here or not otherwise they wouldnt have allowed him to meet w/ the cubs to begin with.
In all honestly, I think they wanted to fire both Theo and Tito but are going about doing so the "safe" way.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
scotty21690 said:
vwnut13 said:
Wes said:
Jaypers said:
Wes said:

Laugh all you want but last two seasons with Castro:
*71-91
*75-87

Two seasons prior without Castro:
*83-78
*97-64

As great as Castro is he is just one player....but you are not going to win a lot of games if the rest of the team is sub par/average...I think Theo could definitely get this franchise turned around.

He will and Starlin will be in the core group of players that do it for him.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Skrip might not have a coronary if he were dealt to Boston. His stash would still be in high demand :lol:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
MojoDan said:
Skrip might not have a coronary if he were dealt to Boston. His stash would still be in high demand :lol:

I would venture to speculate his stash would be worth even more.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Jaypers said:
MojoDan said:

I would venture to speculate his stash would be worth even more.

Thats what I wanted to say, but I am not a prospector ;)

braden

Aug 7, 2008
It's not going to be Castro. Not in a million damn years.

It could be someone fairly significant (Marshall, Jackson?) but it will never, ever be Castro*.

* with the caveat that hey, it's the Cubs. They're dumb so you never know. But even they're not that dumb.

Members online

Latest posts