Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting eBay Scam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I don't know if this is new or not, but it's new to me.

I don't accept international bids on most things for obvious reasons. A few days ago someone hit a BIN and I sent them an invoice. Pretty standard. Today they emailed me and asked if I shipped to Korea and I noticed that they have changed their US address to a Korea address. By doing this they can circumvent the filter that prevents the international bidder block I have on my listings. ugh

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
::facepalm::

If you call ebay about it, I'd love to hear their response on this. It SHOULD show in their records that they changed the address but I wonder if they would even care. Doubtful....

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Jastermereel said:
I don't know if this is new or not, but it's new to me.

I don't accept international bids on most things for obvious reasons. A few days ago someone hit a BIN and I sent them an invoice. Pretty standard. Today they emailed me and asked if I shipped to Korea and I noticed that they have changed their US address to a Korea address. By doing this they can circumvent the filter that prevents the international bidder block I have on my listings. ugh

I usually get the Korean bidders asking if I can send it to a relative in the US.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
wideright said:
daveyou said:
On behalf of my cousins, I apologize
:grouphug:

Dave
I LOL'ed, Dave :lol:

:lol:

You know what's interesting is that I've gone back to Korea 3 times in the last 10 years for my vacation to chill and I have never seen one single proof that baseball cards exist there.

I even asked my cousins (blood cousins, btw) on a few occasions while I was there and they were like "huh?"

I shipped exactly two auctions to Korea since I started selling and both times, went smoothly. Of course, I used USPS express to ship.

Back to topic, Ive had a similar case with a canadian buyer recently. I saw USA zip code once auction ended but when the buyer sent payment, it was Canada address...

Dave

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
daveyou said:
wideright said:
daveyou said:

Dave

You know what's interesting is that I've gone back to Korea 3 times in the last 10 years for my vacation to chill and I have never seen one single proof that baseball cards exist there.

I even asked my cousins (blood cousins, btw) on a few occasions while I was there and they were like "huh?"

I shipped exactly two auctions to Korea since I started selling and both times, went smoothly. Of course, I used USPS express to ship.

Back to topic, Ive had a similar case with a canadian buyer recently. I saw USA zip code once auction ended but when the buyer sent payment, it was Canada address...

Dave

This was actually a piece of camera equipment, not cards.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Jastermereel said:
daveyou said:
wideright said:
daveyou said:

Dave

Dave

This was actually a piece of camera equipment, not cards.
What they could not just go to the manufacture and pick up what they needed. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts