Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "Cameo" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
just went through the following sets:

1989 UD High #
1990 UD High #
1991 UD Final Edition

Nothing in them as far as cameos go.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
just went through the following sets:

1989 UD High #
1990 UD High #
1991 UD Final Edition

Nothing in them as far as cameos go.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I started going through these a long time ago and apparently only got to 1992. A Canseco collector asked me to look for cameos. I was pretty shocked at how few cameos there were in the early McGwire collection considering the people batting around him and the fact he was a 1B. But these were the only distinguishable cameos up to 1992 I have listed. There were a bunch of guys like Carney and Boone but I didn't list those guys because I don't know if they have any collectors:

Looks like Palmeiro but not 100% certain:

w_1988--baseballs_best--photos--20.jpg

w_1988--play_ball_america--yellow.jpg

Not the cameo you want to see but the topless guy in the top left's claim to fame (twice)
w_1988--baseballs_best--photos--15.jpg

w_1988--action_superstars--2.jpg

Canseco (there is both a regular and glossy version of the yellow star)
w_1988--star--yellow--10--glossy.jpg

w_1992--clovis--22.jpg

Mattingly
w_1992--clovis--6.jpg

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Luckily I grabbed most of the data before we lost the last week, but there were a few posts at the end that I did not finish. I believe the Piazza was one of them. The link to the Cameo Checklist in my signature has the current data, so if you have info on a player that is not included, repost if you would like me to add it.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I was scanning in some old Sportcasters and ran across this one. The ESPN commentator, Tom Jackson, with a famous former Heisman trophy winner, O.J. Simpson.

img507.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Do you remember which card was a "supposed" cameo by Bagwell, but some thought it was Luis Gonzales? Did we ever make a final ruling on that one?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
ASTROBURN said:
Do you remember which card was a "supposed" cameo by Bagwell, but some thought it was Luis Gonzales? Did we ever make a final ruling on that one?

I don't remember the card, but the consensus seemed to be Gonzo.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Here are all mine. This is from a list compiled by me and a couple other Sandberg collectors. As I stated previously, some of the early ones are iff, but I take the word of fellow collectors.

cameo-1.jpg

cameo-2.jpg

cameo-3.jpg

cameo-4.jpg

cameo-5.jpg

cameo-6.jpg

cameo-7.jpg

cameo-8.jpg

cameo-9.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey TP, thanks for the cameo list. I used it to check Sportlots with, and low and behold you have 2 I need listed there. They are in my cart for now, and as soon as I earn some more paypal, I'll check out. :D

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Hmmm... my post today just disappeared.

Here are all mine. This is from a list compiled by me and a couple other Sandberg collectors. As I stated previously, some of the early ones are iffy, but I take the word of fellow collectors. Let me know if you disagree with any.

cameo-1.jpg

cameo-2.jpg

cameo-3.jpg

cameo-4.jpg

cameo-5.jpg

cameo-6.jpg

cameo-7.jpg

cameo-8.jpg

cameo-9.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey TP, Thanks for the list of Cameos. It helped me when I jumped on Sportlots to search for them. And then bam! you were listed as having 2 of them. They are in my cart now, and as soon as I earn some dough selling off my Non Bagwells, I'll be picking them up!

Members online

Latest posts