User Tag List

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Thread: The "Cameo" Thread

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra79 View Post
    The only Maddux cameo that I know of. If anyone knows of another please let me know. Thanks.

2003 Upper Deck Fortyman (Shane Reynolds)
    Credit to [MENTION=2659]tpeichel[/MENTION] here is some from his site:

https://www.supercollectorcatalog.com...index-j-z.html

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally found a cameo. 1992 Upper Deck Ryan Bowen card shows Bowen jumping on Darryl Kile's back!

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is probably well known, but just came across it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1466119936.530943.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	62940

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

indymann57
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Finally found a cameo. 1992 Upper Deck Ryan Bowen card shows Bowen jumping on Darryl Kile's back!
    Nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all. I'm looking for any and all Dwight Evans cameos. The only one that I know for sure is 1991 Topps Billy Ripken (along with the four other versions of the cards: Desert Shield, Tiffany, Micro, OPC). I spent some time cruising Red Sox cards on COMC going back to 1983 so far, but it seems like cards up until his final card year in 1992 really made an effort to include only the featured player). Any out there I might have missed?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandweller View Post
    Hello all. I'm looking for any and all Dwight Evans cameos. The only one that I know for sure is 1991 Topps Billy Ripken (along with the four other versions of the cards: Desert Shield, Tiffany, Micro, OPC). I spent some time cruising Red Sox cards on COMC going back to 1983 so far, but it seems like cards up until his final card year in 1992 really made an effort to include only the featured player). Any out there I might have missed?
    Minor variation, but you could count the glowback and non-glowback for '91 Topps.

https://www.freedomcardboard.com/foru...Backs-amp-More

When I went hunting for Puckett cameos, I looked through a lot of boxscores on www.Retrosheet.org in an effort to remember who generally batted in front of him, then searched their cards in hopes of finding him in the on deck circle. I also did similar stuff looking for middle infielders where Puckett might have shown up in the background. All of that in an effort just to narrow down the search rather than going for all Twins from '85-'96.
    Last edited by MatthewN; 06-17-2016 at 09:56 AM.
    Collector of Kirby Puckett, Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, T206 Wash/Minn/StP, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jorge Posada looking on, on the Navvaro card

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stumbled across this addition to my Al Newman collection with the cameo appearance.

I think I like it more for the "Chris" Knoblauch error. If they were going to go with something other than Chuck, they should've tried Edward as his full name is Edward Charles Knoblauch.

If anybody knows of other Al Newman cameos, I'd appreciate a heads up. Since he was a middle infielder there are probably a couple out there with photos of plays at second base.
    Collector of Kirby Puckett, Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, T206 Wash/Minn/StP, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have looked and looked and looked for a Don Zimmer cameo. You'd think he'd be in the background somewhere as a 3rd base coach or manager visiting the hill of some pitcher. 60+ years in the majors. But I've never found one.

And then I find this in 2017 Topps Transcendent - a cameo of him congratulating Sandberg rounding 3rd base during the famous "Sandberg Game." Based on a famous photo. But dammit if the artist didn't make Zim look like Mr. Potato Head. God it's awful, but I still bought it.

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of their mouths make them look...erm...special

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041