Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why pay so much for a Minor Harper ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
beefycheddar said:
Russ S. said:
ljw29 said:
Or hold until summer he hits a grand slam and is called up
To what AA?
He's a long shot from the bigs anytime soon. Sorry to say.
He'll get there eventually.

He is already in AA at 18 years old. Just turned 19 during the AFL.
And?
His numbers weren't exactly through the roof at AA.
You really expect them to start him at AAA?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Russ S. said:
beefycheddar said:
[quote="Russ S.":1kcuc0xb]
ljw29 said:
To what AA?

And?
You really expect them to start him at AAA?[/quote:1kcuc0xb]

You can't get called up where you already are.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
beefycheddar said:
Russ S. said:
beefycheddar said:
[quote="Russ S.":4tzm839g]
ljw29 said:
To what AA?

And?

You can't get called up where you already are.[/quote:4tzm839g]
Yeah, there is no where for him to start below right?
Come on. Quit being an ass.

He's shouldn't/won't hit the bigs next year IMO. That is all I was saying.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Russ S. said:
beefycheddar said:
[quote="Russ S.":b63qtl3d]
ljw29 said:
To what AA?

And?
You really expect them to start him at AAA?[/quote:b63qtl3d]
He only had a 129 ABs at AA, as an 18 year old and more than held his own. With a good ST, he could easily start in AAA and be in Washington by the trade deadline. A more realistic timeline would have him in Washington next September, but Harper has proven he can force moves with his play.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Yeah, it isn't a leap to think with things working his way in 2012, he can be in the Major Leagues sooner than later.

Who knows if he'll have initial success, but it isn't like he'll have to wait two or three years for his call-up.

Hallsgator said:
Russ S. said:
beefycheddar said:
[quote="Russ S.":16rwdw1i]
ljw29 said:
To what AA?

And?
He only had a 129 ABs at AA, as an 18 year old and more than held his own. With a good ST, he could easily start in AAA and be in Washington by the trade deadline. A more realistic timeline would have him in Washington next September, but Harper has proven he can force moves with his play.[/quote:16rwdw1i]

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
I new this thread would get derailed, first Pujols was in the made it in Majors his 1st Year... . Harper may see the Majors ,but he may sizzzzle out. Pujols was not a one Year wounder....He is a once in a Decade Star, the only player I see close is Cano. Harper is a pipe dream as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully he does good, I pulled one of his Autos. Back in 2001 Chrome was totally different. .... few Rookies to a Box all were Refractors...only 500 Autos ..low print run... Well...

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
bikerider60 said:
Hopefully he does good, I pulled one of his Autos.

Based on everything you said here I find it hard to believe you pulled an auto and have not sold it.

If you are in fact holding an auto hoping he is the real thing, you are as dumb as people say you are.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
tribefan26 said:
bikerider60 said:

Based on everything you said here I find it hard to believe you pulled an auto and have not sold it.

If you are in fact holding an auto hoping he is the real thing, you are as dumb as people say you are.

Yea your right , I'm Dumb lol...like to meet you in a Bar someday punk...I might have sold 20 cards in the last Year. Just to keep my Power Seller BS up with EBay. I slowly hoarding again... I have 10's of Million's of Cards collecting dust....Way back to post war Days...Profit is not in my vocabulary when it comes to cards....Now if you want to talk Fish, I sell some nice high quality Koi...

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
bikerider60 said:
tribefan26 said:
bikerider60 said:

Yea your right , I'm Dumb lol...like to meet you in a Bar someday punk...I might have sold 20 cards in the last Year. Just to keep my Power Seller BS up with EBay. I slowly hoarding again... I have 10's of Million's of Cards collecting dust....Way back to post war Days...Profit is not in my vocabulary when it comes to cards....Now if you want to talk Fish, I sell some nice high quality Koi...

Easy fella.

All he was saying is that you are telling everyone here to sell, sell, sell and you yourself are sitting on an auto of his.

You don't see the dumb in that?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Lancemountain said:
bikerider60 said:
tribefan26 said:
bikerider60 said:

Easy fella.

All he was saying is that you are telling everyone here to sell, sell, sell and you yourself are sitting on an auto of his.

You don't see the dumb in that?
popcorn_yes.gif