Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why pay so much for a Minor Harper ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
Harper is not worth the $$$ , I remember when Albert Puljos first cards hit the market. He was in a MAJOR league Uniform..not playing in A or AA. His Chrome was $200-300, to much for me at the time or any time for a up coming prospect. I picked up a few SPX's and other Autos for $50 to $70 a pop. My best was a DR Stat-line ,at the time I was a card hoarder and new to the Hobby. ..Well not new reborn lol.....I just can't see this $$$ being spent on a nobody, good luck to all that invest. Sell this spring or you will be sorry!!!!!!

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
bikerider60 said:
Harper is not worth the $$$ , I remember when Albert Puljos first cards hit the market. He was in a MAJOR league Uniform..not playing in A or AA. His Chrome was $200-300, to much for me at the time or any time for a up coming prospect. I picked up a few SPX's and other Autos for $50 to $70 a pop. My best was a DR Stat-line ,at the time I was a card hoarder and new to the Hobby. ..Well not new reborn lol.....I just can't see this $$$ being spent on a nobody, good luck to all that invest. Sell this spring or you will be sorry!!!!!!
Or hold until spring he hits a few bombs and then sell

Or hold until summer he hits a grand slam and is called up

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
bikerider60 said:

Some of harper's RC's are in a Major League uniform too. They are spring training pictures, just like Albert's RC's. See that he is wearing #36 in some of them, the # he wore in ST

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
TomMurry said:
bikerider60 said:

Some of harper's RC's are in a Major League uniform too. They are spring training pictures, just like Albert's RC's. See that he is wearing #36 in some of them, the # he wore in ST

Are you retarded, Albert was playing in the Majors and raking...the Harper Boy is still a long way from truly proving he can do it on a ML level.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Gb
bikerider60 said:
TomMurry said:
bikerider60 said:

Are you retarded, Albert was playing in the Majors and raking...the Harper Boy is still a long way from truly proving he can do it on a ML level.

I don't know how to tell you this, but you're an idiot. Your best bet is to keep a helmet on even when you're not on a bike.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
bikerider60 said:
TomMurry said:
bikerider60 said:

Please dont comment about anyone being retarded with the mindless quality of most of your posts here.

Your post recognized that Pujols rookies were in a MAJOR league Uniform as you stated. I responded that Harper's RC's are ALSO in a Major league Uniform and that their rookies were BOTH pictures from Spring Training.

Pujols was also a 21 year old Rookie, Harper JUST turned 19. Pujols was 2nd class to Ichiro when his rookies came out. He had 18 HR as the AS Break, so granted he was doing well for a rookie, he was hardly devastating the league. Think your posts through before responding and making yourself look MORE like a clueless dipshit.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
bikerider60 said:

And somewhere, back in 2010, you were screaming to sell Strasburg. Luckily, I made a killing on his stuff-and I would assume people will do the same with Harper. We shall see.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
TomMurry said:
bikerider60 said:
TomMurry said:
bikerider60 said:

Please dont comment about anyone being retarded with the mindless quality of most of your posts here.

Your post recognized that Pujols rookies were in a MAJOR league Uniform as you stated. I responded that Harper's RC's are ALSO in a Major league Uniform and that their rookies were BOTH pictures from Spring Training.

Pujols was also a 21 year old Rookie, Harper JUST turned 19. Pujols was 2nd class to Ichiro when his rookies came out. He had 18 HR as the AS Break, so granted he was doing well for a rookie, he was hardly devastating the league. Think your posts through before responding and making yourself look MORE like a clueless *censor*.

He said "[Pujols] was in a MAJOR league Uniform..not playing in A or AA" - which is different from BH. This is true. Nothing mindless being said here just differences of opinion.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
uniquebaseballcards said:
TomMurry said:
bikerider60 said:
TomMurry said:
bikerider60 said:

Pujols was also a 21 year old Rookie, Harper JUST turned 19. Pujols was 2nd class to Ichiro when his rookies came out. He had 18 HR as the AS Break, so granted he was doing well for a rookie, he was hardly devastating the league. Think your posts through before responding and making yourself look MORE like a clueless *censor*.

He said "[Pujols] was in a MAJOR league Uniform..not playing in A or AA" - which is different from BH. This is true. Nothing mindless being said here just differences of opinion.

Exactly.....no more to say, you said it all....some of the Human Race are thick headed...

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
bikerider60 said:
TomMurry said:
bikerider60 said:

Next season isn't that long away.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Pujols was drafted in 99 and was in the Minors until appearing for the Cardinals in 2001. Thats a minimum of 2 seasons in the Minors. Nobody is comparing Pujols to Harper ability wise. 2 completely different styles of players. I agree that Harper isnt going to be the savior of the league or anything, but theres been plenty of guys to make an impact on the league without hitting .300 or hitting 40+ HR a year. No reason why Harper cant be one of those kinds of players.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
TomMurry said:
Pujols was drafted in 99 and was in the Minors until appearing for the Cardinals in 2001. Thats a minimum of 2 seasons in the Minors. Nobody is comparing Pujols to Harper ability wise. 2 completely different styles of players. I agree that Harper isnt going to be the savior of the league or anything, but theres been plenty of guys to make an impact on the league without hitting .300 or hitting 40+ HR a year. No reason why Harper cant be one of those kinds of players.

Yes, but as the OP said, unlike BH, Pujols was first pictured in a MLB uni the same year he was a rookie. I think the OP was pointing out there was less risk with Pujols.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
uniquebaseballcards said:
TomMurry said:

Yes, but as the OP said, unlike BH, Pujols was first pictured in a MLB uni the same year he was a rookie. I think the OP was pointing out there was less risk with Pujols.

Things were different in 01 than they are now. Guys werent in products in the minors unless it was a card from JUST or something like that. Now with the Minors/Draft products, players already have those cards out.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Russ S. said:
ljw29 said:
Or hold until summer he hits a grand slam and is called up
To what AA?
He's a long shot from the bigs anytime soon. Sorry to say.
He'll get there eventually.

He is already in AA at 18 years old. Just turned 19 during the AFL.

Latest posts