Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Blind as a bat or buyer's remorse - you decide.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Dont all chrome technology base autos look black when scanned? Almost all the Sterling, Chrome, Finest, etc base autos look black on ebay. I know this and I dont own a single one.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
as someone else said, have him compare the actual autograph in the pic with the one he received, vs others on ebay. or have him scan the card himself and see what the scan look like.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
First off---dont worry to much about the neg...most people understand that there are an extreme amount of idiots on Ebay.

Most people refer to the seller dashboard now.

I have received 2 negs in the last week from people wanting partial refunds...I wont do it. I offered a full refund that they would'nt accept. Sick of Idiots.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
mudflap02 said:
as someone else said, have him compare the actual autograph in the pic with the one he received, vs others on ebay. or have him scan the card himself and see what the scan look like.

I tried to no avail....useless now, eBay gave him his money back, he keeps the card and I get the neg which eBay says they cannot remove but "we,ll watch to see if he continues to take advantage of our system" ::facepalm::

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
He shouldn't keep the card. It's my understanding in a item not as received (i got hit a few months ago with one and lost -- I had said the card was limited to 51 -- the buyer pitched a fit because it was not serially #ed... the print run WAS 51 as per "Razor"...(sigh) - and lost), the funds are in limbo until the buyer sends the item back D/C...

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
poppudaimadochi said:
This just makes me want to win something from him, complain about it, leave a neg and keep the item. Especially if it is a pricey item. What a tool.

Ha ha - I just did. I wonder if my $9.99 Premier Rickie Weeks auto might have some condition issues not described in the auction? You now how condition-sensitive those cards are...

I knew that irritating "midul of midwest" location looked familiar.

stanthemanfan

Apr 14, 2010
Greenville, Sc
dp33 said:
poppudaimadochi said:
This just makes me want to win something from him, complain about it, leave a neg and keep the item. Especially if it is a pricey item. What a tool.

Ha ha - I just did. I wonder if my $9.99 Premier Rickie Weeks auto might have some condition issues not described in the auction? You now how condition-sensitive those cards are...

I knew that irritating "midul of midwest" location looked familiar.

I never have a good feel for how old people are on this forum but from my years of experience I predict this will only lead to more problems for you than the seller. The old saying 2 wrongs don't make a right is fitting for this reply.
I know you have good intentions but you might want to rethink this one.

Good luck with your decision.

Paul

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
stanthemanfan said:
I never have a good feel for how old people are on this forum but from my years of experience I predict this will only lead to more problems for you than the seller. The old saying 2 wrongs don't make a right is fitting for this reply.
I know you have good intentions but you might want to rethink this one.

Good luck with your decision.

Paul

Rethink what? What decision? My decision to bid on his auction? If I could go back in time, I would - definitely wish I had seen this thread before last night as I don't feel great about supporting this seller.

There has been only one wrong committed, and that was by the buyer of the ebay item sold by the OP. I think "look before you leap" would be a more appropriate saying, but you have your opinion and I have mine.

I think it's important for ebay buyers to know that there is a whole community of card collectors that will not tolerate this type of behavior, and that as a community we can take actions like blocking bidders to express our disdain for what is becoming an all-too-common ebay practice. To assume I have or intend to do anything more than that is your own decision, but not one I would make based on my age and experience.

Thanks - David.

stanthemanfan

Apr 14, 2010
Greenville, Sc
Sorry if I offended you, but I read that part about the card might have some condition problems prior to you receiving the card and assumed you were referring to the previous post. Only you know what you meant and I was only giving you my opinion which I realize you weren't soliciting. So please accept my apologies and I will refrain from futher advice to you.

Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts