Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

black friday box deals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
ArtVandelay said:
FriarG said:
Yeah - they're having the specials. Here's the link to the hype in their forums:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blow ... there.html

Wasnt there a big fiasco last year with them posting the ebay link via facebook and people setting up automatic purchases before anyone had time to react?

People that didn't get in on any deals claimed that others had auto purchases enabled. Personally, I think it was just a bunch of people upset that they didn't get a case for $11. The only fiasco I remember last year was that so many people kept hitting refresh that the site was taking up to a minute to load....at least for the first couple hours.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
imac220 said:
Harrison,

Anywhere but blowout, in my opinion....I woke up at 6 a.m. last year just to sit in front of my computer till 11 a.m. finishing the day empty handed. The stuff literally sells out in seconds.

were the deals that good?

From what I've seen the last couple years, there are only a few insane deals, but as mentioned there will literally be 1 or 2 of those in stock, so virtually no chance to get it.
It's also annoying that you have to check out first, so even if you get something in your cart it doesn't matter.

The whole "sale" and being unable to get those items seems to work people into a frenzy.
The majority of stuff is the same stuff their always trying to sell in weekly sales, maybe a few bucks cheaper. When I say it works people into a frenzy, that includes myself......Hitting refresh all day, just missing on certain deals, it got to the point that I needed something to buy and wound up buying a couple boxes of stuff like Score Select football that was usually like $50 on the site, but $40 in the black friday super deal.

Then, that first year the really stuck it to everyone that sat at their computer hitting refresh, by offering the Grand Finale - which were all those crap boxes at the same price that could be purchased through the weekend with combined shipping (which you couldn't do while they were throwing deals up throughout the day).
I can go on with the B.S. from their sales.....and just say it made for one of the most frustrating days ever.

There was someone that had a more enjoyable Black Friday sale last year - I believe it was OCsportscards? They didn't have mind-blowing deals, but it was more structured than Blowout's and you it was easier to pick up the deals that you did want.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
rymflaherty said:
miguelcabrera said:
imac220 said:
Harrison,

Anywhere but blowout, in my opinion....I woke up at 6 a.m. last year just to sit in front of my computer till 11 a.m. finishing the day empty handed. The stuff literally sells out in seconds.

were the deals that good?
When I say it works people into a frenzy, that includes myself......Hitting refresh all day, just missing on certain deals, it got to the point that I needed something to buy and wound up buying a couple boxes of stuff like Score Select football that was usually like $50 on the site, but $40 in the black friday super deal.

I completely agree...I ended up buying two boxes of documentary at $11 each.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Blowout has been a waste of time year to year. Only luck I ever had was on a few Elvis boxes that noone wanted. Everything else goes fast due to the limited quantities and their "one shot ebay deals" that are gone before they post the link.

Last year I had a good experience with Orange County Sports Cards. Prices weren't close to Blowout's but almost every deal I went for I got in on it. Only downside is I had to pay tax.

CraigsCards1

Oct 16, 2010
New York, NY
I wasted a lot of time on Blowout last year but the rare deals that were decent sold out instantly. I didn't care about most of the stuff.

I did end up picking up two retail boxes of 2010 National Chicle (I know ... no one likes that but me) on D&A that were on sale that whole weekend for $25 each.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Liberate Baltimore said:
D&A and most of these online mega retailers have hundreds, if not thousands of different sources. Some of them might be shady, some legit. I have purchased several loose packs from D&A and have always been happy.

Or D&A's buyer is ****.

IMHO, their best buyer went to work for another online wax seller. too bad D&A doesn't list acquisition dates for their older wax so you would know if it was purchased during the era of their great buyer or their current buyer who might not know what to look out for and could end up buying opened/resealed boxes through lack of attention to detail when going over a potential purchase.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I checked it out early and it was a waste of time so I laid back down since I had something to do later that day. When I got up I checked to see if they offered anything decent while I slept. Picked up 3 boxes of Ink Vault. But that was really the only product I liked.

Members online