Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prado for Delmon Young rumors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Just read some chatter on Twitter about Prado and Young names being thrown around. I sorta like it, but the more I really think about it, Delmon was above average in 2010 and came back to earth last season. Not sure if that's something the Braves are looking for. I'd rather see a more trustworthy offensive guy or stud prospects coming to Atl if Prado is leaving.

Thoughts

~AJ

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Delmon Young is one of the most frustrating players to watch. You know he has skills to be good but he just can't seem to ever put it together. He takes terrible routes to the ball in the OF and has terrible plate discipline.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Hallsgator said:
@mlbbowman: Small minority of Wren's staff has unsuccessfully pushed for Young last 2 yrs. Nothing changed. Won't be a Prado-Young deal

Thank god. They can keep him (young).

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
I like Delmon Young. Great fastball hitter, can drive in runs, and has potential to bat in the .290's. I hate that he doesn't walk much and he is the worst outfielder ever.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Young has played in some terrible stadiums for an outfielder. He's mainly a bad outfielder because he misses the cut off man and throws to the wrong base.

However, he would be no worse then Matt Diaz.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
19braves77 said:
Young has played in some terrible stadiums for an outfielder. He's mainly a bad outfielder because he misses the cut off man and throws to the wrong base.

He did do both of those things wrong but he also takes bad routes, and he hesitates to dive causing him to just look awkward out there as well as miss the routine catch. He came into the 2010 season trim and ready to play and put the weight back on last year and hasn't been the same since. I could be very wrong but after watching him in a Twins uniform for a few seasons I'm glad to see him go. Other than his arm strenth there wasn't anything I was impressed with.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
The problem with DY is he doesn't hit for a high average, doesn't consistently hit for power, and doesn't get on base enough. As a bonus, he doesn't field well and is generally not considered a good clubhouse influence. That being said, he's an improvement for what some teams have in left field, but anyone buying in and hoping he'll live up to his #1 draft status is engaging in magical thinking. He's an OK player, but I remember watching his swing when he got called up to Tampa and really thought he would be a star-caliber player. I was wrong.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
steve-a-reno said:
Hallsgator said:
@mlbbowman: Small minority of Wren's staff has unsuccessfully pushed for Young last 2 yrs. Nothing changed. Won't be a Prado-Young deal

Thank god. They can keep him (young).

^^ Yeah more I thought about it, no deal. Rather take a shot with Willingham or Sizemore

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
yrocks2001 said:
19braves77 said:

He did do both of those things wrong but he also takes bad routes, and he hesitates to dive causing him to just look awkward out there as well as miss the routine catch. He came into the 2010 season trim and ready to play and put the weight back on last year and hasn't been the same since. I could be very wrong but after watching him in a Twins uniform for a few seasons I'm glad to see him go. Other than his arm strenth there wasn't anything I was impressed with.
Yes, his problems are far more than just missing the cut off or throwing to the wrong base.

When he catches a routine fly, the guy makes you nervous as can be. He is slow, takes bad routes like you say, and just doesn't look one bit comfortable out there in the field. As a Tigers fan, we have been conditioned to accept crappy defensive OF's, and it's getting a bit tiresome.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Delmon Young was a huge acquisition for Detroit last year, and he was a big part of their offense down the stretch when they pulled away and in the playoffs when they went to the ALCS. I would rather keep him and let him prove that he CAN'T keep doing what he did for the Tigers at the end of 2011 before trading him away. Have him DH and get rid of Magglio.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Victor Martinez is a much better option for DH. If the Tigers can get Prado, they should do it.

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
Young is great at driving in runs and thrives in pressure situations (career .315 hitter w/RISP). Defensively though he is terrible.

If I was Detroit, I'd keep him for another year take his 90-100 RBI he's going to give you in the no.3 hole and then decide when the season is over what you to do with him.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Can Young play right field? Young in left field at Comerica Park is a disaster waiting to happen. A Raburn/Dirks platoon wouldn't be any worse than Young (assuming Boesch is playing the other corner outfield position).

If the Tigers can get Prado to play 2B, they should be doing everything within reason to get that done.

jdk16

Mar 29, 2011
as a Braves fan please dont do.. i think we need to trade Prado and Jurjens but not for Delmon Young.. heck id rather let Constanza get a shot to play everyday..

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
jdk16 said:
as a Braves fan please dont do.. i think we need to trade Prado and Jurjens but not for Delmon Young.. heck id rather let Constanza get a shot to play everyday..

If they can get Castellanos in the deal, i'd do it.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
mwashuc06 said:
jdk16 said:

If they can get Castellanos in the deal, i'd do it.
Just like Castellanos was the player to be named in the Seattle trade. :lol: :lol: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Braves seem very zeroed in on Andre Either. I am sure Chipper and him will be hunting buddies and car pull together when they go see Dr Andrews.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts