Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Awesome COMC pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Grabbed this for 24¢; the seller had it listed as the base Utley, not the SP variation:

8c919223-de20-4858-ade0-7ce993f38bb0.jpg

I had a Tulowitzki SP that I pulled from a retail pack, ended up selling it on COMC for $25.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
mudflap02 said:
That's a really interesting set. I don't think a definitive SP list has ever surfaced.

There's a thread here that I've been using since early 2010 to figure out what is what. Last I saw, at least half of the variations weren't pictured or described. They are easy enough to find if you have several of the same card next to each other, but with the rarity of these, you have to assume that at one single base card is not one of the SPs.

I've been through well over 1000 UD singles and only found one, a Tulowitzki with a very clear difference. Sold it on COMC for $25, no offer made, just sold at my asking price. Not many sales on any of these to figure out a potential value, although the massive amount of unopened 2010 UD I see everywhere means that plenty of them are potentially still sitting in packs. Too bad no one will know what to look for!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
CollectorsCorner said:
So COMC listed his card wrong?

I don't know if the seller was the original seller, or picked it up in a port sale. Either way, no seller ever had COMC change the listing, so I assume that they just didn't know they had the SP. I know when I submitted a batch to COMC, I had a Tulowitzi SP Variation that they did not immediatelt recognize; I had to email them and tell them what it was, and they changed it.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I've had two of my cards out of 2500 shipped to them be wrong. One was a special edition rookie from 2006 chrome football. Can't remember the other. I've seen three others, one which I bought. There is a link on the old format where you can send a correction request. Usually fixed in less than a day and they take the card off the market so you can reprice.

CollectorsCorner said:
So COMC listed his card wrong?

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
ive picked up a 1996 topps chrome refractor gwynn and 1994 bowmans best refractor posada rookie and neither were listed as the parallels. also picked up an arod solid silver coin listed just as the nickel coin. whaaat

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
CollectorsCorner said:
Wow, you would think they would know what they are doing.

There are well over one million cards listed on the site, and they process thousands a day. It is bound to happen every once in a while. There is no company on the planet that has achieved 100% productivity and accuracy.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
CollectorsCorner said:

It's the seller's responsibility to make sure that COMC lists their cards accurately. If they don't notice a mistake when they're setting the price of a card, then they either do not know what they have, or just do not care. I know that when they listed a few of my cards incorrectly, I did not so much as set a price until they were corrected.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
CollectorsCorner said:

The seller actually reviews the listing and sets the price before the buyer has a chance to make an offer or buy the card at the asking price. If COMC listed it wrong, the seller didn't know what they had either. It's not like COMC ripped anyone off. It's in their best interest for cards to sell for as much as possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts