Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stan Musial autos lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
ThoseBackPages said:
1963b.bmp

Ok...so you have my interest...I'll buy some '63 Topps at $.05 a pack....I hope I can make my money back on them though... :cool: ;)

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
JoshHamilton said:
His recent autographs look like garbage

Dude we'll see when you're 90 with dementia and arthritis if FCB is still around........he's signed THOUSANDS of autographs in his life. Give the guy a break. I'd rather an on-card garbage auto than a neat sticker anyday. Look at how bad Aaron's auto has gotten through the years.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
JEBJJA said:
JoshHamilton said:
His recent autographs look like garbage

Dude we'll see when you're 90 with dementia and arthritis if FCB is still around........he's signed THOUSANDS of autographs in his life. Give the guy a break. I'd rather an on-card garbage auto than a neat sticker anyday. Look at how bad Aaron's auto has gotten through the years.
actually, Aaron's current on-card autos look much better than his stickers, same with Musial

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
scotty21690 said:
I believe it, Charlie! Can never have enough Denard Span autographs, right?

Hey whats wrong with Span autos? Feel free to send them my way lol (I'm working on my Span PC) But in all seriousness, its ashame to see what Musial's sig has come to, but personally if I could afford one, I'd take one of the recent ones. A Musial is a Musial to me. He was a great player and is still a great person

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
:lol:
At least I can tell its "Stan Musial" still

....unlike 95% of the modern players that do the lame chicken scribble BS

or even older balding hasbeens like Joe Montana who doesnt give a rats a$$ if you can ID his damn tenth of second scribble sig.

funny thing is you can buy a personal check from 1943 signed by him for the same $$ as some lame pseudo-rare modern "card" signed by him...... One is historic... one is all gimmick..., which one would (should) a Baseball History fan want?? ;)

Here is one I have from a couple decades back....
1947exhibitmusialauto.jpg

dbroockerd

Nov 15, 2010
Missouri
I don't wanna get involved too much in the debate but I have a few things to say.
1. What 90 year olds sig isn't a little rough?
2. As a collector I think it may be neat to own sigs of his earlier days and sigs of his last days.
3. Lastly, it should be comforting to many to see the decline in his sig. Its a true sign he likely signs his own cards which I think some these days may not.

An "on card" auto of Stan Musial in his last years of his life should be priceless to a TRUE collector. The man held that card in his hands and he likely won't hold a ton more so be thankful you have a chance to own one of those pieces of history.

Members online