Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need these 08 Masterpieces Football Stroke of Genius Autos!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
Looking to trade for or buy the cards listed below. PC may be open, it depends on the card you have.

Thanks,
John

Here's the link to the scans of the ones I have already:
http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z286 ... es%20Auto/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

08 Masterpieces Football Stroke of Genius autos needed:

(I have red auto versions of all 4 of these to offer in trade for black borders.)

SOG3 Ben Roethlisberger
SOG9 Brett Favre
SOG88 Tony Romo
Jeremy Shockey

Last edited:

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
Ashburn Alley said:
Ha. Going for this set too?

Hey Greg,

Still picking them up. I'm not really collecting anything else at this point, so I'll pick up what I can. How's everything going for you?

John

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I've seen more of Matt Ryan's red-bordered Masterpieces than the regular - I used to have a list of the SP's somewhere, and want to say that Favre and Stewart are the tougher ones.

Get a hold of iamjoecollector on here -he's a wealth of knowledge for all things Masterpieces, and may be able to help you with your chase; I don't think he's doing the auto sets.

Iamjoecollector

Oct 18, 2009
Salem, OR
Eh, the rookies are easy with the exception of the "Tier 1" guys. Stewart, Ryan. The Vets are tough. Marino, Montana, Favre.

SOG2 Andre' Woodson - cheap.
SOG3 Ben Roethlisberger - Uh huh, seen more reds
SOG9 Brett Favre - The Original Amber Room is also rumored to still exist
SOG11 Brian Brohm - little tougher
SOG14 Chad Henne - little tougher
SOG16 Chris Johnson - easy
SOG18 Jamaal Charles - easy
SOG20 Dan Marino - Good Luck, say hi to the Holy Grail while you are there.
SOG26 Dennis Dixon - common
SOG27 Derek Anderson - Surprisingly tough, but cheap
SOG28 DeSean Jackson - easy
SOG33 Eli Manning - SSP
SOG40 Jack Ham - Eh, pretty tough
SOG49 Joe Montana - Impossible - Redemption
SOG50 Joe Namath - Impossible, I heard these have been hidden amongst the Greek Ruins
SOG52 John Elway - Impossible, same place as a Tebow ****
SOG53 Jonathan Stewart - Very Tough
SOG59 Kurt Warner - Somewhat difficult, I've had two.
SOG63 Leodis McKelvin - easy
SOG 64 Lester Hayes - redemption
SOG66 Malcolm Kelly - common
SOG67 Jerome Simpson - common
SOG68 Matt Flynn - little tougher common
SOG70 Matt Ryan - impossible
SOG80 Rashard Mendenhall - Easy
SOG81 Ray Rice - easy
SOG83 Roman Gabriel - Somewhat SP
SOG86 Tashard Choice - Easy
SOG88 Tony Romo - Very tough though one on ebay in the last week

Slette said:
I've seen more of Matt Ryan's red-bordered Masterpieces than the regular - I used to have a list of the SP's somewhere, and want to say that Favre and Stewart are the tougher ones.

Get a hold of iamjoecollector on here -he's a wealth of knowledge for all things Masterpieces, and may be able to help you with your chase; I don't think he's doing the auto sets.

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
Ashburn Alley said:
I saw a Romo on eBay earlier. Not sure if it was ending or just listed. Have you seen a Matt Ryan? Think it's the Frank Thomas SoG of football?

I saw a Ryan a while back, before focussing on these. I think it sold for quite a bit though. I just returned your PM.

I picked up the Bo Jackson on eBay, that was one of the ones I wanted most from the set. I don't have much drive to complete it, seeing how scarce the Marino, Montana, Elway and Eli Manning are based on what iamjoecollector said below.

John

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
Slette said:

Thanks for the info. He posted after you. I appreciate you wanting to help!

John

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
Iamjoecollector said:
Eh, the rookies are easy with the exception of the "Tier 1" guys. Stewart, Ryan. The Vets are tough. Marino, Montana, Favre.
[/quote]

That's great information! I appreciate it!

I had a Franko Harris that isn't listed, but sold it to a guy who ended up completing the set, just to help him out. Have you seen any of those?

Do you have any that I need right now?

Thanks,
John

Iamjoecollector

Oct 18, 2009
Salem, OR
I have quite a few, but I am not selling at this point. I've opened 5 cases? and have been collecting the commons. I don't have any of the ssp guys. The Romo went for over $300 btw. If my experience with the 07's is any indication, I can't imagine how many cases it would take to make a set of these. Probably 50-70?

soxfan33 said:
Iamjoecollector said:

That's great information! I appreciate it!

I had a Franko Harris that isn't listed, but sold it to a guy who ended up completing the set, just to help him out. Have you seen any of those?

Do you have any that I need right now?

Thanks,
John[/quote]

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
I just added scans of the cards I have now. Link has been added to the originsl post.

Thanks,
John

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
Hey man! No. I got those at different points, but uploaded the pics last night. Any progress on you 08 baseball set? I'm still looking for your set needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts