Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***The "old school Beckett" football check in thread***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
This is for those guys (including myself) who are wondering who is out there "lurking" from our old home. I noticed a resurgence of old faces today to include the legends Ryo and Bilko aka $G$money.

Let's get this place rollin fellas. Let us know who you used to be, etc.

Welcome home. :D

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
blanning71 said:
Agreed. I remember you punks from the old Beckett. Who was the ring leader? RaiderMiguel or something like that?

I remember that dude. Correct me if I'm wrong but he ended up getting banned because he screwed too many people over. He had his moments but was an instigator for the most part.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Snyper said:
blanning71 said:
Agreed. I remember you punks from the old Beckett. Who was the ring leader? RaiderMiguel or something like that?

I remember that dude. Correct me if I'm wrong but he ended up getting banned because he screwed too many people over. He had his moments but was an instigator for the most part.

Yep, HS friend who got me to post on Beckett. Ships slow as hell.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Don't give up on asking people G. Its all about trying. Get the name out there. Hopefully people will come around and join up. Its nice to have some of the old names back on here. I just ask that you be patient with us on the non baseball boards. We have some people trying to bulk up those forums with entertaining content so that people will interact in them. Thanks for the kind words about the mod staff. We work very hard to try to make this place a fun and clean place to hang out. We really don't have any problems at all. If you need anything let me know.

Brian

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
We need to get Nate to take the list he had from the team group he ran and email them

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008
I was on Beckett under the same name and although I frequent both the baseball and football sides my love for football is growing amidst all the garbage going on in the world of baseball.

I'll be contributing more and would love to see more of my Steelers buddies show up. All I know of currently here is Madman....

B

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
70chip on the old BMB and obviously here as well.....I am looking forward to the football boards being as lively as the old BMB was and I am confident that will happen as we grow. Chris and the gang did/do a great job here and it will only get better.

Hail to the Redskins

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
I was 67devildart on the BMB website, but decided to change it once I got here. I lurked on the Football thread there, just never posted much. Here I try to post a lot more and try to get more involved and get others more involved. I WELCOME others to post their collections as I have done with mine! I know not many are Seattle fans and that is fine! Show me their collection, I'm cool with that!
I do hope this area picks up more. I must say I am really surprised that supposedly football is king over baseball now yet it is the total opposite on this board! Oh well! Hope to see more traffic here soon!
Thanks once again to anyone and everyone who checks out my Seattle thread and bothers to post!
Eric

G

sffanmike25 said:
*checks in to keep it old school* :cool:

Same screen name as on the other site. Would be cool to see this board get a jumpstart.
Hey, I'd love to see your Cason collection.

I just got a contenders auto in the mail today and I plan on starting a mini collection of him Don't worry though, I won't be any competition for you, I stick to lower end cards. ;)

Mike

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
MyPens66 said:
sffanmike25 said:

Same screen name as on the other site. Would be cool to see this board get a jumpstart.

I just got a contenders auto in the mail today and I plan on starting a mini collection of him Don't worry though, I won't be any competition for you, I stick to lower end cards. ;)

Mike

Here's what I have of him so far. Couple of complete sets, etc. Leave me your address in a PM, I'll send you a few extras I have.

http://www.freewebs.com/sffanmike25/ant ... nscans.htm

G

sffanmike25 said:
MyPens66 said:
sffanmike25 said:

Mike

Here's what I have of him so far. Couple of complete sets, etc. Leave me your address in a PM, I'll send you a few extras I have.

Wow! Awesome collection. Anything you collect other than him, that I can send you in return?

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
MyPens66 said:
sffanmike25 said:
MyPens66 said:
sffanmike25 said:

Mike

Wow! Awesome collection. Anything you collect other than him, that I can send you in return?

Much appreciated. Only other stuff I collect are SF Giants, 49ers, and some other U. of Arizona stuff. But don't worry about that for now.

Aug 29, 2008
I was alstott3_16 over on Beckett. Say what you want about that place but I loved going on Beckett during football season. Tons of talk about the season as well as about cards. I've yet to find any other site that has anywhere close to the amount of traffic. I would go to work, come home and have like 4 pages of new topics to browse through if I wanted.

From what I've seen a lot of the football guys are at one particular site and then there are a lot spread out over a lot of the other small ones. Ah well, I'll stick with this one for now.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
I was alstott3_16 over on Beckett. Say what you want about that place but I loved going on Beckett during football season. Tons of talk about the season as well as about cards. I've yet to find any other site that has anywhere close to the amount of traffic. I would go to work, come home and have like 4 pages of new topics to browse through if I wanted.

From what I've seen a lot of the football guys are at one particular site and then there are a lot spread out over a lot of the other small ones. Ah well, I'll stick with this one for now.

Yup, Beckett was the ****. And yeah, alot of dudes went to sportstardforum, but good news is the majority of those were turds anyway. Not ALL, but the majority.

Members online

Latest posts