Thread: Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    This MFer is fun to watch right now! I don't know if he can keep it up but this is crazy good. If the pitching holds up and the hitting gets consistent the dodgers could have real trouble on their hands. I hope Godley puts together a full season, I've likes him since he came up. I picked him off waivers his first year for my fantasy team and he really helped out. I always keep a soft spot for guys like that.
    It's too bad Corbin fell apart in the 6th inning. He lost his command and walked too many batters that ended up scoring. It was odd because he's had great control from the start of the season up until that inning. He finished with a no decision & his overall season numbers still look great: 2.45 ERA/1.91 FIP/1.11 xFIP with a 29 K:4 BB rate & 14.2 K/9. His 29 strikeouts lead the majors (think about that, more than Kluber & Scherzer!). In all honesty, I do not expect him to be able to keep up with this pace...I expect some regression but if he can finish the season closer to how he did in 2013 I'll be very happy. His strikeout numbers have increased so significantly because he's using his slider much more often, in fact even more than his fastball (kinda like what McCullers does) & his slider has been deadly, by far his best pitch. Speaking of his fastball, he's added a little more velocity to that pitch as well.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And speaking of Godley, he leads the majors in K:BB rate and ranks 3rd in the NL with WHIP

Corbin leads the majors in both strikeouts & K/9
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goldy's power has started to show...back-to-back games with a HR. His batting average is also starting to peak above the Mendoza line but remains at .190 after the game. His OPS was actually over .800 for a sec. These are certainly good signs.

The D-Backs take the series and are now 9-3. Their best start to the season in 10 years.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zack Godley leads the league in ERA (0.64), ERA+ (674), HR/9 (0.0), K/BB (12.00) & tied in wins (2). He currently has an 0.7 rWAR/0.6 fWAR.

Patrick Corbin leads the league in strikeouts (29), K/9 (14.2) & tied for wins (2). He currently has an 0.5 rWAR/0.6 fWAR.

If you would have told me these would be our best pitchers thru the first couple weeks I'd only half believe you. Godley sure, but not Corbin. I would have assumed something like Greinke & Ray.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year it was Shelby Miller and now.....Taijuan Walker with an injury to the UCL ligament. Will likely require TJ surgery. Ugh....

It's not like this is a HUGE blow to the team (he's been injured so often since joining the team) but it certainly hurts.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately he's gonna never see his potential or what people thought he could do. Corbin looking great tonight though so far.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Unfortunately he's gonna never see his potential or what people thought he could do. Corbin looking great tonight though so far.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    One-hit complete game shutout...in under 100 pitches! That was a pretty amazing performance

Corbin - 9 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 8 K

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to think we were one check-swing away from the shift to seeing a likely no hitter. Love what I'm seeing from Corbin so far this year! Playing for that big $$ contract.

Hoping Ray can right the ship tomorrow. Aspects of his game have gotten better with each start, but a rough start to the season for him, even though he's won his starts.
    I collect all cards of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
    Especially interested in: Brandon Webb, Paul Goldschmidt, Daniel Hudson, Luis Gonzalez, Jay Bell, A.J. Pollock, Steve Finley, David Peralta, Zack Godley, Stephen Drew
    TO COME SOON - My D-backs Collection

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nkdbacks View Post
    And to think we were one check-swing away from the shift to seeing a likely no hitter. Love what I'm seeing from Corbin so far this year! Playing for that big $$ contract.

Hoping Ray can right the ship tomorrow. Aspects of his game have gotten better with each start, but a rough start to the season for him, even though he's won his starts.
    The velocity of his fastball appears to be going up with each start. It was hitting just 91-93 MPH on his first start of the season and tonight it's hitting 94-95. Hopefully by midseason we'll see him tossing 95-97 on a regular basis again.

Command of his slider still continues to be a problem but it seems like he can throw his fastball for strikes when needed. Couple walks & a hit batter so far but 8 strikeouts (thru 5 IP)
    Last edited by death2redemptions; 04-18-2018 at 11:07 PM.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, is this the lost and found? Have you seen the D-Backs offense? It appears to have gotten lost. It's been nearly a week since I have last seen it.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing I reported this to lost and found.

DBacks win 6-2

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhhhh goodie, our ace (Corbin) is pitching!

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corbin thru two innings...

2 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 BB, 2 K

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corbin thru three innings...

3 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 3 K

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corbin thru four innings...

4 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 6 K