Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
BARRETT.RED.REF.AU.5.5.14B.OS.jpg GUERRERO.GOLD.AU.13BCc.jpg BRADLEY.BLUE.AU.RC.150.15BC.NS.jpg LOPEZ.PURPLE.AU.BCP.001.250.15BC.NS.jpg OBRIEN.PURPLE.AU.BCP.250.15B.NS1.jpg
REED.PURPLE.AU.BCP.250.15BC.NS1.jpg reyes.blue.au.ref.bcp.150.15b.ns.jpg shipley.green.au.125.13bs.ns.jpg webster.gold.au.11b.ns.jpg BRADLEY.REF.AU.11BDP.OS.jpg

/5, /50, /150, /250, /250, /250, /150, /125, /50, /500

Barrett is # 5/5 and Lopez is 001/250.

Few solid parallels also:

bradley.orange.ref.13bdp.ns2C.jpg bradley.gold.ref.11bdp.lrg.os1c.jpg bradley.blue.ref.11bdp.lrg.osc.jpg GRIFFIN.GOLD.REF.13B.OS.jpg HERRERA.SILVERWAVE.REF.F.1.25.14B.OS.jpg
herrera.blue.ref.14b.ns.jpg HERRERA.BLACKWAVE.REF.14B.OS.jpg marte.black.ref.rc.15.13bc.ns1.jpg OBRIEN.BLUE.REF.12BDP.NS.jpg goldschmidt.blue.11b.jpg

/25, /50, /199, /50, /25, /250, no #, /15, /250, /500

Last edited:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Alive but wounded. Although I was made a moderator on another obscure trading card forum because 50 or so BO members followed me over.

I didn't notice you were on here too. I saw dbacksfan4life and was wondering if he's the same one from BO.

dbacksfan4life isn't that Anna ?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
D-Backs signed Tyler Clippard to a 2 year contract!

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/163933...-two-year-deal

According to FOXSports.com's Rosenthal, the deal is worth $12.25 million and includes a $4 million signing bonus, a $4.1 million salary this year and a $4.15 million salary in 2017.

I think this is great because our bullpen has always been awful.

dbacksfan4life isn't that Anna ?

I'm really not sure of his/her name.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
D-Backs signed Tyler Clippard to a 2 year contract!

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/163933...-two-year-deal

According to FOXSports.com's Rosenthal, the deal is worth $12.25 million and includes a $4 million signing bonus, a $4.1 million salary this year and a $4.15 million salary in 2017.

I think this is great because our bullpen has always been awful.

I'm really not sure of his/her name.

I like it, a bullpen arm was the last thing on my offseason wishlist. Now that we're post-Superbowl, I'm officially in ready-for-baseball mode.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I like it, a bullpen arm was the last thing on my offseason wishlist. Now that we're post-Superbowl, I'm officially in ready-for-baseball mode.

Maybe I'm just a homer but I really think we have put together a team that not only could contend this year but maybe even the next couple seasons.

Our biggest problems last year were our starting pitching and bullpen (as our offense and defense were both stellar in 2015).
1. We now have a legit ace in our rotation
2. Picked up Shelby Miller who is a very solid #2 pitcher and he hasn't even reached his prime years yet so we can expect him to continue and improve.
3. We get a full season of Patrick Corbin who is just about to reach his prime years so he'll make a tremendous mid rotation pitcher.
4. Picking up Clippard gives us more than just one solid bullpen arm so innings 8 & 9 are covered. I still think we should go after 1 more bullpen arm.
5. We finally have a shortstop who could provide us some offense.
6. A bunch of our position players are going into their prime years so I expect even more improvement in our offense.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Since the D-Backs "could" be contenders this year maybe this is the season Goldschmidt finally wins an MVP, not just 2nd place.

I can't wait to see how he follows up last season. He really cooled off post-ASG into August, hoping he can maintain the awesomeness all year. I really need to start a Goldy PC thread.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
My latest D-Backs pick up:

Side note: I had no idea ******* BC base autos were going for $35-$40. I should have loaded up on more but I remember buying my base autos for about $15-$20. I could make some major coin if I unloaded my collection, especially my gold refractor autos but my sole intentions of buying wasn't to make a profit but rather start a PC. I'm torn on what to do at the moment...

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Stratas are my favorite modern cards. I love that Goldy.

67l7o7.jpg

I miss this. I like it more than my Stanton

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I know, and I'm glad it went to an awesome guy.

I still regret selling off that run I had. The Cespedes showed up on eBay today and reminded me how awesome they are

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Crossing fingers it works well...

Ryan

I hope so too. Just my luck though, the year the D-Backs might actually have a chance at success is the year I'm moving away from AZ.

At least I can say that I was here when they won the 2001 World Series, unfortunately it was during my hiatus from sports so I didn't get to enjoy it.

My stab at the Opening Day roster:
1. Greinke
2. Miller
3. Corbin
4. De La Rose
5. Ray

At some point in the season I think Bradley will join as a regular in the rotation.

Interested to find out what Shipley can do when he gets the call.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I hope so too. Just my luck though, the year the D-Backs might actually have a chance at success is the year I'm moving away from AZ.

At least I can say that I was here when they won the 2001 World Series, unfortunately it was during my hiatus from sports so I didn't get to enjoy it.

My stab at the Opening Day roster:
1. Greinke
2. Miller
3. Corbin
4. De La Rose
5. Ray

At some point in the season I think Bradley will join as a regular in the rotation.

Interested to find out what Shipley can do when he gets the call.

I've been in AZ since I was 3 (33 years now) and I'm just wanting competitive baseball consistently. I don't expect deep playoff runs each year but I feel there have been way to many eliminated in April years. The front office has made some trades over the last few years that weren't the best. This year they opened up the wallets pretty big, lets hope the players live up to expectations. Best move we've made is that Goldy contract. There are a lot of ifs this year, but IF Corbin can come back strong and we get production from Castillo, Lamb and Tomas I think we can compete.

Ryan

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Anyone want to project the Opening Day lineup?

I'm thinking something like this...
1. *******
2. Segura
3. Goldschmidt
4. Peralta
5. Tomas
6. Lamb
7. Castillo
8. Owings
9. Greinke

Looks about right to me. A lot of "ifs" in that lineup, seeing it written down is a little bit scary. Hoping for a breakout year for Lamb and some kind of progress from Tomas, and then I think we'll be in good shape with a healthy rotation.

Members online

Latest posts