Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Who's going to Fan Fest? I hope to make it one day

I missed last year for the first time and really regretted it, so was really looking forward to making it back. Unfortunately a very good friend is having an event that morning/afternoon that I can't really miss, so looks like I'm out :( I mostly go for the yard sale, I like buying the cheap GU stuff, but oh well. Hopefully in 2017.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I'll post the few AJ's I have (have a blue Refractor autograph as well). Really hoping his national attention this past season gets him in more sets!

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Is that first one the acetate parallel? Awesome card.

I love the snake bite patch logo on the National Treasures.

Yeah, I love the Acetates, that may be my favorite *******. I tried putting together the 2015 D-backs set and got pretty far, but 2016 has been a bust - I've only seen 3 players so far (Bracho, Godley and Lamb). Nothing from the rest of the team.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I found this to be a very inspirational story about David Peralta's long journey to the majors and how his hard work and amazing work ethics finally paid off, making him one of the best relatively unknown players in the game. I expect great things from him in this upcoming season.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/165621536/d-backs-peralta-shows-power-of-perseverance

Just reading the story makes me want to start a David Peralta PC. I had considered it last season but I think I finally need to buy a few Peralta autos.

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Couple of ******* Game used items
Game Used Bat 4/5/2014 & 9/10/2014
Bats - A.J. ******* - Bats (2).JPG

Throwback Thursday Jersey Used 6/4/2015
Jersey - A.J. ******* 2015-06-04 (2).JPG Jersey - A.J. ******* 2015-06-04 (6).JPG

4th of July Jersey Used 7/4/2015
Jersey - A.J. ******* 2015-07-04 (2).JPG Jersey - A.J. ******* 2015-07-04 (10).JPG

Saturday Back Jerseys Used 9/12/2015
IMG_3809.JPG IMG_3810.JPG

Last edited:

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I found this to be a very inspirational story about David Peralta's long journey to the majors and how his hard work and amazing work ethics finally paid off, making him one of the best relatively unknown players in the game. I expect great things from him in this upcoming season.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/165621536/d-backs-peralta-shows-power-of-perseverance

Just reading the story makes me want to start a David Peralta PC. I had considered it last season but I think I finally need to buy a few Peralta autos.

Thanks for sharing. Excellent read.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ

awesome read, I knew most of his pitcher to hitter transition story, but didn't know about the McDonald's angle.

Peralta is one of my other main collections, but unfortunately, not much out there to collect at this point. Hopefully he'll get a few more cards this year with all his success!

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Hopefully he can rebound a bit here in the desert, I know he was having a rough time the past couple years in Milwaukee.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Big game from Castillo, in 4 at-bats he's hit a home run, 2 doubles & drove in 5 runs.
Brandon Drury is 2-4 with a home run & 2 RBI
Ahmed is 2-4 with 3 RBI
Gosselin is 3-4 and scored a couple runs
David Peralta has a couple hits and a couple runs scored

Some big batting averages this Spring for AZ hitters
Segura .667 avg (leads league)
Gosselin .545 avg
Castillo .500 avg
Weeks .455 avg
Ahmed .444 avg
Drury .364 avg
Peralta .333 avg

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Big game from Castillo, in 4 at-bats he's hit a home run, 2 doubles & drove in 5 runs.
Brandon Drury is 2-4 with a home run & 2 RBI
Ahmed is 2-4 with 3 RBI
Gosselin is 3-4 and scored a couple runs
David Peralta has a couple hits and a couple runs scored

Some big batting averages this Spring for AZ hitters
Segura .667 avg (leads league)
Gosselin .545 avg
Castillo .500 avg
Weeks .455 avg
Ahmed .444 avg
Drury .364 avg
Peralta .333 avg

Not sure what Owings is batting, but looks like Ahmed and Segura have the early lead on Owings for the 2 middle infield spots. Hell, even Weeks is ahead of him.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Not sure what Owings is batting, but looks like Ahmed and Segura have the early lead on Owings for the 2 middle infield spots. Hell, even Weeks is ahead of him.

I've never been a fan of Owings so I'd love to see a combo of Segura/Ahmed up the middle. I'd also like to see Drury win the 3rd base spot as I'm not a big believer in Lamb. Give Gosselin a utility role, as he has reliable defense at most of the infield positions.

I'd also like to see O'Brien make the team as the primary pinch hitter who can play a few games in the outfield when need be. If he does real well then maybe an AL team will notice and give us an opportunity to get someone decent in return for him, as he's pretty much relegated to the DH spot.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I've never been a fan of Owings so I'd love to see a combo of Segura/Ahmed up the middle. I'd also like to see Drury win the 3rd base spot as I'm not a big believer in Lamb. Give Gosselin a utility role, as he has reliable defense at most of the infield positions.

I'd also like to see O'Brien make the team as the primary pinch hitter who can play a few games in the outfield when need be. If he does real well then maybe an AL team will notice and give us an opportunity to get someone decent in return for him, as he's pretty much relegated to the DH spot.

Oh yeah, not big on Owings at all. I do still like Lamb though, I think he has potential. I don't see much roster space for O'Brien, but who knows. I certainly don't see him having much of a future with the D-backs, so it'd be nice to get something good for him.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I don't see him having a future with any NL team since he can't hold down a defensive position.

Yeah, definitely would agree with that. I just don't see him making the roster as a 4th OF, I'm guessing Socrates Brito has that spot lined up.

PS, I'm officially 1-3 in my Heritage Superfractor quest as of last evening's mail day!

Members online

Latest posts