Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I often criticize Robbie Ray for his inability to go deep into games due to pitch efficiency problems, the command issues & his hard time getting through the 2nd & 3rd time through the order but man oh man, he has slowly become an elite strikeout machine. In fact his k/9 rate is top 5 in the NL and he's on pace for 229 strikeouts in only 185 IP this season. If he could learn to mix in more sliders/change ups or possibly develop another pitch in order to go deeper into games he'd have the potential to become a #1 /#2 type pitcher. While his 4 seam fastball is a plus pitch that can reach 98 MPH it's also the reason why he gives up so many hard hit balls and mostly because hitters are expecting it as he throws it way too often.

Tonight he went 7 IP, gave up only 1 run off 1 hit and struck out a career high 13 while walking just one. This is his 3rd double digit strikeout performance in his last six starts.
He may have a 4.31 ERA (below average) this season but he also has a 3.53 FIP (above average) & an even more respectable 3.29 xFIP (great). Also considering the fact that he has a massive .351 BABIP means that he's run into his fair share of bad luck this year. His 174 strikeouts through 140 IP puts him at a 11.2 K/9. He also has a 3.48 K/BB.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
This match up features two of the best first basemen (outside of Rizzo) in the NL and neither of them disappointed in Game 1 (well, depending on which team you root for...I root for both).

Goldy - .304 avg 19 HR 76 RBI .927 OPS 19 SB 4.2 WAR

Freeman - .291 avg 26 HR 61 RBI .943 OPS 4 SB 4.4 WAR

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
******* picking up where he left off, 2 walks and his first HR! Poor DBacks having to play a whole season without him...

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Segura became just the 13th player in major league history to finish a season with 200+ hits, 20+ HR & 30+ SB. He's also only 2 runs away from scoring 100. He's put together an amazing season for us and it cost us very little to obtain him.

.321 avg 20 HR 64 RBI .867 OPS 32 SB 5.4 WAR

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Dang, who would have thought the D-Backs would have one of their hottest starts to the new season since 2000? I had read some articles by sports writers claiming the D-Backs were a dark horse team to contend this year but I just didn't believe them, especially after trading Segura and losing Castillo. This hot start could simply be a mirage but their offense looks legit, especially the 2nd and 3rd times through the order. A full season of ******* & Peralta with Drury now an everyday player it's very possible the offense could remain hot throughout the season.

This ballpark is looking more and more like Coors Field for some reason. Balls fly and pitchers suffer. Just about any pitcher who gets traded or signed here ends up regressing.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm not expecting this to continue, but a good season where we aren't out of it by the middle of April is great. like you said, I think our offense is pretty legit.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Definitely still shocked...I know we'll regress, but it'd be nice to stay competitive at least a while this year...being 100% out by the All-Star break is never fun.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Still playing well, although the Rockies have surpassed us...just barely. The biggest change from last year has been our home record. We played terrible at home last season but I believe we have a 8-2 record at home right now.

Right now the West is ass backwards. Rockies & D-Backs on top and Dodgers/Giants under .500.

Lamb, *******, Peralta & Tomas are all hot. Goldy has been consistently on base with gold glove defense but the power has yet to come.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Well I think that post just jinxed it. Within seconds a 2 run 9th inning lead became a 1 run deficit.

Ryan

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Well I think that post just jinxed it. Within seconds a 2 run 9th inning lead became a 1 run deficit.

Ryan

That was a tough loss indeed but at least just for today we are finally #1 , even if it's just a 0.5 game lead.

Goldy, Tomas, Peralta, *******, Owings, Lamb...we got offense. And watching Walker pitch for the first time last night, he's got some really nasty stuff! 95-97 MPH fastball with movement, plus-plus curveball and very decent control. Struck out 11 and walked none. Zack Greinke also looks to be on his game this season. I do like this year's team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts